Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more
Thread Deleted

Working WM 6.1 - UPDATE! 13/04/2008

OP Alcaline

15th April 2008, 04:26 PM   |  #101  
Alcaline's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Well, I now removed the BETA text from the topic as there does not seem to be many issues left
15th April 2008, 04:35 PM   |  #102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
IDD! it seems to work fine with day to day activities. The only crashes i have had were caused by smarttoolkit(Switching from normal to landscape with start menu open) and doom (trying to safe my progress).

Tho, i still find the switching between normal and landscape takes a longer time. Any idea if you kan speed it up somehow?
15th April 2008, 05:15 PM   |  #103  
phailo's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaline

Well, I now removed the BETA text from the topic as there does not seem to be many issues left

Yap, looks like you have done a wonderful and perfect work!
15th April 2008, 05:23 PM   |  #104  
Alcaline's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinman

.....Tho, i still find the switching between normal and landscape takes a longer time. Any idea if you kan speed it up somehow?

Yes, you are right. It takes a long time... I have been trying to figure out what is causing this.. But not easy.
The same as it takes much longer waiting time before PIN code can be typed in..

This makes me think that it could have something to do with the keyboard drivers.
As they have to engage before pin code can be typed. And it has to change to the Qwerty keys when you switch to landscape..

Then again stange that it is slower with 6.1 than 6.0 as it is the same HTC keyboard driver..

Anyway just thinking out loud here. I have no evidence to back this theory up.

Anyone has any ideas post post post!
15th April 2008, 05:24 PM   |  #105  
Alcaline's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by phailo

Yap, looks like you have done a wonderful and perfect work!

Thank you for kind feedback
15th April 2008, 05:31 PM   |  #106  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaline

Yes, you are right. It takes a long time... I have been trying to figure out what is causing this.. But not easy.
The same as it takes much longer waiting time before PIN code can be typed in..

This makes me think that it could have something to do with the keyboard drivers.
As they have to engage before pin code can be typed. And it has to change to the Qwerty keys when you switch to landscape..

Then again stange that it is slower with 6.1 than 6.0 as it is the same HTC keyboard driver..

Anyway just thinking out loud here. I have no evidence to back this theory up.

Anyone has any ideas post post post!

The only thing i can think of is that 6.1 loads the driver differently from 6.0 which takes the few extra (mili)second.

I guess the only real way to speed it up is by hacking the keyboard driver. (or wait ages for THC to update it, which we know they wont :P)
15th April 2008, 06:44 PM   |  #107  
Alcaline's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Exclamation
Found the problem
Its the home screen that slows down the portait to landscape switch!
Try to be in a program, like OneNote or anything, and switch..

It goes alot faster...

So its the drawing of the homescreen that takes time...
15th April 2008, 08:12 PM   |  #108  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Alcaline, great work. Love the new ROM.

There does seem to be a lag when loading pages in internet explorer. Much more than with the previous ROM. Anyone else notice this?
16th April 2008, 03:53 PM   |  #109  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Thank you very much for your porting efforts. I've just installed your ROM and I'm very happy with it .
16th April 2008, 06:49 PM   |  #110  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaline

Found the problem
Its the home screen that slows down the portait to landscape switch!
Try to be in a program, like OneNote or anything, and switch..

It goes alot faster...

So its the drawing of the homescreen that takes time...

Hmmm, would that mean if HTC finally bought those damned ati infineon quallcomm drivers, it would go faster?

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes