[ROM] [DEV] [ICS 4.0.4] *7/1* Evervolv's Aosp TexasIce Cream Sandwich

Search This thread

ledoweb

Oct 29, 2010
Terni, Italy
ledoweb said:
Hi everyone here, using some of these ports from a few days now but only today I finally got more than 10 posts!
Anyway, I have only a minor question: the last version I tried before the name became "Evervolv" was number 11 (i think ) - if I correctly understood, there was a sort of hack to bring a reduced HW acceleration to the GUI. On my nexus one, all backgrounds were a sort of "black to blue fade". Now that something changed (I didn't actually understood if HW Accel. has been removed completely, waiting for a new kernel), all backgrounds are plain black.

I mean...is it possible that Android dinamically changes between this fade effect and a lighter (on resources) black when detecting that HW accel. for the GUI is either active or not?

@Bexton: a lot of pages ago you posted some edits you did to build.prop. One string (I don't remember which one exactly) was described by you like "this activates HW accel. for GUI elements". Well, I tried to add that string in all versions up to Evervolv p4, and no blue fades came up, meaning that... my thoughts about these backgrounds are completely wrong, or that maybe GUI isn't HW accel. this way!

Sorry for double posting, but I think it could be allowed if my question went totally ignorated because of lots of other posts ;D

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
I think your Bootloader isn't unlocked yet.
Do you see an unlocked lock under the colourful "X" sign, while booting up?
If not, than you'll need to unlock your Bootloader first.

Also, don't mind not seeing it after flashing BlackRose, because it's still unlocked after installing it.

For flashing blackrose your bootloader doesnt need to be UNLOCKED.
It can be flashed on a LOCKED BOOTLOADER also, i flashed my locked
Bootloader with blackrose long time back.

Once you have flashed it, it allows you to modify the hboot partitions
whereby you can load roms where the system partitions are BIG in size...
which is in the case of ICS roms so far (and sense roms)

heavenboy37

Oct 17, 2007
Hi Gurus
My apologies if my message bothers you as i am totally new to upgrading the rom.
Being user of Nexus one and knowing its not getting an upgrade to Android 4 lead me
to find a way to upgrade to ICS Andriod 4. But i am totally unaware of the steps how
to do it.
If you please dont mind and help me in this i will be much much obliged and million thanks

Regards
HI All

Can i have any luck with my request please

KJS021

Jan 30, 2010
HI All

Can i have any luck with my request please

Install Blackrose through an adb connection through your computer.
After unlocking the phone you see s-off in the booatloader.
Next step is to flash a hboot with the new partitions for ICS.
Now you need to partition your sd card to ext 3 or ext 4, can be done with clockworkmod.
After you have done this you can install the ICS rom. ( ofcourse after wiping your nexus one for 3 times )
After startup you need to install a2sd in the terminal emulator.

All the words used here can be found on these forums with long guides. Follow these steps.

Wish you the best of luck :)

Last edited:
Reactions: heavenboy37

heavenboy37

Oct 17, 2007
Install Blackrose through an adb connection your computer.
After unlocking the phone you see s-off in the booatloader.
Next step is to flash a hboot with the new partitions for ICS.
Now you need to partition your sd card to ext 3 or ext 4, can be done with clockworkmod.
After you have done this you can install the ICS rom. ( ofcourse after wiping your nexus one for 3 times )
After startup you need to install a2sd in the terminal emulator.

All the words used here can be found on these forums with long guides. Follow these steps.

Wish you the best of luck :)
Thanks
One more thing if you can give me the link of the latest ICS rom
please don't mind as i am totally new in this

onerider

Dec 8, 2011
Thanks
One more thing if you can give me the link of the latest ICS rom
please don't mind as i am totally new in this

Link to rom is in second post in this thread but I don't think you need it yet.

As a very first step I would suggest that you make sure you have adb and fastboot installed on your computer with the correct usb-drivers and are comfortable with how to use them. How to do this is out of scope for this thread. This tutorial perhaps:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1241935

Ater that, I suggest reading the first posts in this thread very carefully.

Good luck!

Reactions: chelsea_fc

DeTool

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne
GPS

This has probably been raised and solved (or it just maybe my device) but I'm lazy to search :)

On p4 when using google maps or navigation my gps turns on and tries to lock on. It seems that as soon as it locks onto a satellite, my phone crashes and needs a battery pull to restart. Anyone having the same?

kodabmx

Dec 28, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This has probably been raised and solved (or it just maybe my device) but I'm lazy to search :)

On p4 when using google maps or navigation my gps turns on and tries to lock on. It seems that as soon as it locks onto a satellite, my phone crashes and needs a battery pull to restart. Anyone having the same?
Working here... try wiping maps' data with TB?

Reactions: DeTool

texasice

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2009
Austin
About apps2sd:
  • rewrote for more awesomeness
  • more interactive, asking yes/no questions
  • no more symlinks! we are bind mounting everything now
Notes:
  • Wont work with a2sdgui
  • a2sd install only needs to be run once. it will continue to work even after full wipes (as long as you dont format /sd-ext)

This is the build in help menu:
Code:
Available commands are:
install   : sets a2sd flag
remove    : clears a2sd/dc2sd flags
align     : runs zipalign on all apks
fixapk    : runs fix_permissions on all apks
partlist  : shows if ext[3/4] is supported
diskspace : shows disk usage on /sd-ext
cachesd   : sets dc2sd flag
cleancache: clears dalvik-cache
nocachesd : cleancache and clears dc2sd flag
xdata     : bind mount /data to /sd-ext/xdata
noxdata   : clears xdata flag
formatext : format /sd-ext to ext4
checkext  : checks /sd-ext for errors
  • most of the heavy lifting is done in the 10apps2sd init.d script a2sd mostly sets flags for 10apps2sd to pickup and respond appropriately
  • everything 10apps2sd does is logged to logcat (At the very beginning under the evervolv banner)
  • in some cases a2sd will ask if you would like to reboot now. This is just to give you time to read the output of the command you typed. you should always respond 'y' to this question.
A few notes:
  • install: moves apps on internal /data/app to /sd-ext/app then removes them from /data/app to free up space and changes the mount point to /sd-ext/app. NOTE: even though the mount point is changed the /data size reported by android will not change. That is just how it is. If you want to see how much space you have type 'df' into terminal emulator and look for the entry /data/app. It will be identical to /sd-ext. (i.e)
    Code:
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2      1.4G    123.1M      1.2G   9% /sd-ext
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2      1.4G    123.1M      1.2G   9% /data/app
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2      1.4G    123.1M      1.2G   9% /data/app-private
    EDIT: moving AppData is now supported just choose y when asked.
  • remove: does not remove the apps on the /sd-ext partion nor does it move them back to /data it simply removes the a2sd/dc2sd flags so new apps are placed in /data/app instead of /sd-ext/app and the dalvik cache is placed in /data/dalvik-cache instead of /sd-ext/dalvik-cache. Why don't we move the apps back to internal storage? well if you are using a2sd in the first place it is because you had too many apps for interal storage so your /sd-ext/app directory is likely much too large to fit on /data. You will just have to restore the apps you want to use or reinstall them.
  • cachesd: mounts data/dalvik-cache to /sd-ext/dalvik-cache. most people will experince problems with this (i.e. no mic, random reboots). this is not a2sd's fault. dalvik-cache is used very often and doesn't like the lag of being on the sdcard. NOTE: all dalvik-cache commands (cachesd, cleancache, nocachesd) nuke the dalvik-cache and rebuild on reboot making the reboot take longer than usual (just the once after you run the command)
  • xdata: still highly experimental but basically mounts the entire /data partiton on /sd-ext giving you the entire size of your /sd-ext partition available to data. In this case android will detect the new size of the /data partition and report it correctly. NOTE: doing this will not result in any data loss the /data partition. it is simply cloned into /sd-ext/xdata (as well as any apps in /sd-ext/app) and then xdata is mounted ontop of /data (which just covers it up, preserving the contents). So there isn't too much risk in trying it. but i do warn significant performance loss will be noticed on ...well any sdcard. But high quality class6 or class10 won't be as nocitable.
  • noxdata: this will revert your phone the the way it was before you ran xdata. so any changes made to the phone while using xdata will be lost.
  • formatext: formats your /sd-ext partiton to ext4. this will erase everything on it!

Last edited:

texasice

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2009
Austin
whats new in p5 wipe recommended
-notification toolbox: tap settings icon to switch between, long press to open settings
-lockscreen: volumebutton music control
-lockscreen: nullpointerexception soft reboot issue resolved
-kernel: rebuild based on latest from tiamat
-6barsignal: new drawables
-camera: rapmv78 libs
-launcher2: a couple options like hide search bar
-UMS: should properly detect plug/unplug events now
-misc: new bootanimation from Bexton
-latinime: more dictionaries (i recently discovered the dictionaries are from gb and aren't actually compatible with ics so it might not make a difference, i'm looking into it)
-apps2sd: rewrote for more awesomeness see: ->here<-

gapps included
flashable zip: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p5-passion.zip - 128.4 MB
fastboot images: Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0p5-passion.tar.bz2 - 127.4 MB

Last edited:

lilchicano

Feb 27, 2009
Marietta, GA
awesome work there tex, im downloading the new build now. looking foward to no more soft reboots! haha
and as for the launcher2 addition of hiding the search bar, is that something done within the settings or hitting menu on the laucher?

RReeD

Jul 24, 2010
WoW! great work with this rom!!
thax a lot for everything, much appreciate!

one bug though - the strength of wi-fi and phone pretty lame.. hope it gets better in time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Evervolv is maintained by MongooseHelix, Preludedrew, and myself. Our goal is to bring ice cream sandwich to unsupported devices guided by the aosp philosophy, everything we do is opensource and transparent to the public. Visit our Gerrit or Github.
    We have a few customizations such as:
    • Androidian Theme
    • Battery percent
    • QwikWidgets
    • Six bar signal strength
    • Standalone power widgets
    • Tri State lockscreen with customizable actions
    • Trackball / Volume wake
    • Volume button music controls
    All of these can be turned off or set back to aosp apperance via our EVToolbox for those that wish to have a pure google look.

I originally started porting ICS to my beloved nexus one the very same day google released the source back in November. I had very little knowledge and no experience porting android. It took 2 days to sort countless build errors and get it booting, only a few days later i was able to release my first alpha (where absolutely nothing worked) It has come a long way since then, with hundreds of hours invested on my part and undying support from this wonderful commutity, I am pleased to announce: as of 2.1.0p11 this rom is /almost/ stable. However it will remain in alpha/beta (whatever you want to call it) a while longer, but the majority of people will find this usable as a daily driver.

For those of you not following this thread. You may not know my nexus died. As in the NAND finally gave out ((bootloader) rbchk: Total 1191 bad blocks!!). And I was able to get a replacement on ebay for $142.50 USD. Paid for entirely with your donations! Thank you to everyone who donated (i can't appreciate it enough). I look forward to bringing you the latest and greatest Ice Cream Sandwich to your n1's.

I have spent many hours and sleepless nights on this. So if you like it please feel free to hit that donate button above that picture of me.
    Working: [person who helped fix it]
    • 3g (Radio: i use 5.08.00.04 - 5.12 reported working just as well)
    • Accelerometer/Compass [me][chrs2021]
    • Apps2sd [me]
    • Bluetooth [me]
    • Calling
    • Camera [rampv78] Preview [kushdeck] Video [mongoosehelix/me]
    • Fm (reported working with third party apps from market)
    • Gps
    • Hardware Acceleration [me] (p8 and up)
    • Headphone jack [zivan56]
    • Home button [MongooseHelix]
    • Init.d [MongooseHelix]
    • Led (TrackBall) Notifications
    • MMS
    • Network Stats and Quota [me]
    • Opengl support [me]
    • Screenshots
    • Sound [sean neeley][me]
    • Signal Strength [cm][me]
    • TouchScreen [dr1337] Multitouch (2 finger) [theomy]
    • Trackball (navigation) [me] (clicking) [jaybob413]
    • Trackball Wake [me]
    • USB Mass Storage (native now working)
    • Usb Tether (dk-zero-cool)
    • Wifi [cm]
    • Wifi Signal Strengh Icon in Status Bar. [preludedrew]
    • Wifi Tethering
    Not Working:
    • Gapps might not work properly (search the thread for fixes before posting issues)
    • wifi ad-hoc/p2p
    • Builtin alarm clock app doesn't work 100% of the time.
    TODO list
    • Fix omx video
    Short FAQ
    • Q:Screen wont come back on, the buttons light up but i have no screen?!
      A: Try taking out your sdcard. If it works you need to reformat your sdcard and whatever you do dont use clockworkmod!
    • Q: Im getting lockups and have to pull the battery to restart?
      A: Easiest way that seems to do the trick: Goto: Evervolv Toolbox -> Performance -> Processor -> change Min Freq to 384Mhz
      A: Or: change the governor from ondemand to smartassv2

[STOP]
    You must install blackrose hboot before flashing ICS. Instructions.

BlackRose
    You must increase the size of the system partiton to fit ICS to at least 210MB
    *4/14* I had previously recommended 210 system but am now changing that back to 220. The size of ICS and mainly Gapps is growing and with 210 system on the a2 release, after gapps there is only 6mb free space. That doesnt give me very much room to grow on and can cause problems with people who have bad blocks on the system partiton.

RECOMMENDED: System 220MB Cache 10MB Data 206MB Download

System 210 Cache 8 Userdata 218 Download
    (or make your own with the Blackrose installer).
    All past builds will work just fine on either layout 210 and 220
    Future builds might not fit on 210 as of a2 it is pushing it.
    If you are installing for the first time choose the 220mb system.

Flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash hboot hboot_brcrust_220-10-206-ICS.nb0
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot -w
    If it flashed correctly: after the 'reboot-bootloader' command you will see TexasICS on the second line (under blackrose)

Keep up with latest developments

To build Evervolv
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/Evervolv/android.git -b ics
    . build/envsetup.sh
    breakfast passion
    mka

To flash the img files.
    Code:
    tar xjf <release name>.tar.bz2
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot
    IRC
    Join us in #evervolv on freenode http://www.evervolv.com/chat
    My nick is drewis.

Enjoy your TexasIce Cream Sandwich!!

Screens from p9. (left lockscreen, middle notification toolbox, right phone info)
    More screens (from my g+) https://plus.google.com/photos/102710594547223731659/albums/5724901287546593969
    CHANGELOG / Downloads

CHANGELOG / Downloads

ATTN: ALL BUILDS HOSTED ON GOO.IM WERE LOST.
    Here is the final version: http://ev-dl1.deuweri.com/Perdo/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0-Final-passion.zip

GAPPS:
    • (latest are posted to mongoosehelix twitter page) or dl here 5-20-release (thanks TuSKan for the mirror)
    • Gapps are NOT included in the rom. Reasons for this is 1) smaller upload for me 2) Gapps seem to be the source of most peoples problems. This way you can flash whatever version or package you want/works best (or even make your own custom gapps package)
    A2SD
    • About the included apps2sd see: ->here<-
    STOCK KERNELS: (no need to flash, provided if you try another kernel and want to switch back)

Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a6 (7/20)
    Unofficial build from lacus88: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29127460&postcount=4273
    Includes the last few commits we submitted to ics before jellybean came out. that didnt make it into the last build.

Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a6 (7/1) (final)
    • Request fill week:
      • Notification toolbox now QwikWidgets with easier widget reordering
      • Long press back to kill apps
      • Trackball Alert Patch to custom colors using lilhermits app
    • Toolbox and Themes removed from app drawer: now access through settings
    • Androidian theme is now mostly complete and usable.
    • Revert some linaro patches to try and fix some weirdness
    Rebuild (7/2)
    • Fix bootanimation
    • Cleanup to honeycomb lockscreen
    • finishing touches to androidian theme
    ZIP:http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120702/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a6-passion.zip
    TARBALL:http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120702/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a6-passion.tar.bz2
    AROMA INSTALLER:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28230809&postcount=4174

2 builds are available this time only difference is the toolchain
    MORE STABLE: STOCK GOOGLE TOOLCHAIN
    ZIP:http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120701/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a6-passion.zip
    TARBALL:http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120701/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a6-passion.tar.bz2
    EXPERIMENTAL: LINARO TOOLCHAIN (bluetooth is broke)
    ZIP:http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/cron/20120701-gcc-4.7/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a6-passion.zip
    TARBALL:http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/cron/20120701-gcc-4.7/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a6-passion.tar.bz2
    I put the wrong boot animation in a6.
    Here's the correct one : http://d-h.st/Heh
    Or the old one if you dont like it: http://d-h.st/nCg
    THESE ARE NOT FLASHABLE: push or copy to /system/media/bootanimation.zip with adb or root explorer.

Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a5-passion (6/23)
    • main thing here is camcorder, native omx encoding is working but decoding is still broke so you can record videos but cant play them back. Issues: video is capped at 15fps so it is a little choppy, recorded video is rotated 90 degrees
    • usb tether support: not native, using the motorola usb app not included (push to /system/app then the toggle in settings will work) i'll probably never include this app in the build since it runs as a service and that bothers me
    • be sure to check out new options in the evtoolbox (lockscreen and interface) and the new evtips widget
    • and get the new gapps installer from bexton
    ZIP: http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120623/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a5-passion.zip
    TARBALL: http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120623/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a5-passion.tar.bz2
    AROMA ZIP INSTALLER repacked by bexton: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27815448&postcount=4051

Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a4-passion (6/8)
    • Forgot to bump the version so its still a4
    • probably 200+ new commits here. Vast majority do not concern n1. but thought it was worth mentioning
    • bump IMM76L
    • surfaceflinger hacks: make ui smoother (error in makefile prevented them from being turned on before)
    ZIP: http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120608/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a4-passion.zip
    TARBALL: http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120608/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a4-passion.tar.bz2

Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a4-passion (5/28)
    • lockscreen 'wave' animations will follow the unlock around (not just go right)
    • 180 degree (upsidedown) rotation support
    • kernel updated: kgslv3.8, tiny rcu optimizations, autogroup, bfqv3r2, smartassv2, armv7 changes from caf
    • newer adreno libs: in combination with kernel updates should make ui noticeably smoother (note: not backward compatible with any pre a4 kernels including tiamat)
    • updated cli tools: htop v.9, busybox updated 1.20.1, a2sd cleanup: checkext should work better

ZIP: Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a4-passion.zip
    TARBALL: Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a4-passion.tar.bz2

Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a3 (5/7)

Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a2 (4/13)
    • Bulgarian keylayout, Dutch dictionary added
    • working google backup/restore (RMerlin)
    • Volwake/music controls can now be used concurrenly
    • battery percent icon by default
    • lockscreen sound toggle icon now updates properly
    • bluetooth tethering (untested)
    • attempt to resolve auto button backlights being too bright in low light
    • audio files have been restructured. you might have to reset your ringtone / notification settings (not needed if you wipe)
    • kernel update sha/memcpy optimizations one ondemand gov update (per my wip19 branch)(been using for a week with no issues)

ZIP: http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120413/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a2-passion.zip
    TARBALL: http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120413/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a2-passion.tar.bz2

Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a1 (4/2)
    • merge android 4.0.4
    • finish merge for omx in framework (still not working, falls back to sw)
    • removed barcode patch from camera (more stable pictures)(so no panorama,video or barcode now)
    ZIP: http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120402/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a1-passion.zip
    TARBALL: http://goo.im/devs/evervolv/20120402/Evervolv-Perdo-2.2.0a1-passion.tar.bz2

For older builds look at Post#3.
    About apps2sd:
    • rewrote for more awesomeness
    • more interactive, asking yes/no questions
    • no more symlinks! we are bind mounting everything now
    Notes:
    • Wont work with a2sdgui
    • a2sd install only needs to be run once. it will continue to work even after full wipes (as long as you dont format /sd-ext)

This is the build in help menu:
    Code:
    Available commands are:
    install   : sets a2sd flag
    remove    : clears a2sd/dc2sd flags
    align     : runs zipalign on all apks
    fixapk    : runs fix_permissions on all apks
    partlist  : shows if ext[3/4] is supported
    diskspace : shows disk usage on /sd-ext
    cachesd   : sets dc2sd flag
    cleancache: clears dalvik-cache
    nocachesd : cleancache and clears dc2sd flag
    xdata     : bind mount /data to /sd-ext/xdata
    noxdata   : clears xdata flag
    formatext : format /sd-ext to ext4
    checkext  : checks /sd-ext for errors
    • most of the heavy lifting is done in the 10apps2sd init.d script a2sd mostly sets flags for 10apps2sd to pickup and respond appropriately
    • everything 10apps2sd does is logged to logcat (At the very beginning under the evervolv banner)
    • in some cases a2sd will ask if you would like to reboot now. This is just to give you time to read the output of the command you typed. you should always respond 'y' to this question.
    A few notes:
    • install: moves apps on internal /data/app to /sd-ext/app then removes them from /data/app to free up space and changes the mount point to /sd-ext/app. NOTE: even though the mount point is changed the /data size reported by android will not change. That is just how it is. If you want to see how much space you have type 'df' into terminal emulator and look for the entry /data/app. It will be identical to /sd-ext. (i.e)
      Code:
      Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
      /dev/block/mmcblk0p2      1.4G    123.1M      1.2G   9% /sd-ext
      /dev/block/mmcblk0p2      1.4G    123.1M      1.2G   9% /data/app
      /dev/block/mmcblk0p2      1.4G    123.1M      1.2G   9% /data/app-private
      EDIT: moving AppData is now supported just choose y when asked.
    • remove: does not remove the apps on the /sd-ext partion nor does it move them back to /data it simply removes the a2sd/dc2sd flags so new apps are placed in /data/app instead of /sd-ext/app and the dalvik cache is placed in /data/dalvik-cache instead of /sd-ext/dalvik-cache. Why don't we move the apps back to internal storage? well if you are using a2sd in the first place it is because you had too many apps for interal storage so your /sd-ext/app directory is likely much too large to fit on /data. You will just have to restore the apps you want to use or reinstall them.
    • cachesd: mounts data/dalvik-cache to /sd-ext/dalvik-cache. most people will experince problems with this (i.e. no mic, random reboots). this is not a2sd's fault. dalvik-cache is used very often and doesn't like the lag of being on the sdcard. NOTE: all dalvik-cache commands (cachesd, cleancache, nocachesd) nuke the dalvik-cache and rebuild on reboot making the reboot take longer than usual (just the once after you run the command)
    • xdata: still highly experimental but basically mounts the entire /data partiton on /sd-ext giving you the entire size of your /sd-ext partition available to data. In this case android will detect the new size of the /data partition and report it correctly. NOTE: doing this will not result in any data loss the /data partition. it is simply cloned into /sd-ext/xdata (as well as any apps in /sd-ext/app) and then xdata is mounted ontop of /data (which just covers it up, preserving the contents). So there isn't too much risk in trying it. but i do warn significant performance loss will be noticed on ...well any sdcard. But high quality class6 or class10 won't be as nocitable.
    • noxdata: this will revert your phone the the way it was before you ran xdata. so any changes made to the phone while using xdata will be lost.
    • formatext: formats your /sd-ext partiton to ext4. this will erase everything on it!
    I might have a preview available with full hwa by this weekend. I've got it partially working but also have a job now so have spent considerably less time working on android. the kernel is booting (at least) and i have a display. still some issues with gralloc to sort... plus power management for the gpu might be broke but im not sure about that yet.

My goal is to have a 100% functional/full featured ics build for the nexus one by the end of the month.
    pre-pre-alpha-8
    Massive update to kernel. Now built with proper ics opengl support
    Only for serious testers! Requirements. Adb installed and functional. You need to be able to read logcat and (at least attempt to) narrow down what is causing your problem.
    If you get a lockup or unexplained reboot please (turn phone back on) and do 'adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg' then pastbin that to me. (It should have the kernel panic reason at the very end)
    Notably broke:
    auto rotation: sometimes phone locksup and requires a battery pull. so lets disable auto rotate. evtoolbox> statusbar> notiftoolbox> add widget> autorotate then use the notification toolbox to disable it (icon is broke so when you press it nothing happens but it is disabled) and when it works the screen is offcenter so statusbar is covered
    camera: preview is black but still takes pictures
    general: sometimes on transitions there is a weird screen 'stutter', somelive wallpapers stutter when scrolling screens, display off animation its enabled and everything but still not working for some reason. (EDIT: ok so i enabled the fade effect not the old tv style screen off animation)
    Notably working:
    wallpapers are centered and scroll, gallery seems to work better

gapps not included (dl the latest from mongoosehelix twitter page)(http://goo.gl/fXET8)
    no flashable zips...fastboot images only
    dev-host removed their remote url upload feature (i've already complianed about it)
    so this is hosted on my google storage account
    http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/evervolv/Evervolv-Perdo-2.1.0pre-p8-passion.tar.bz2

im not updating the op with this since its for testing only

please use the bugtracker and report issues. dont forget the logcat and dmesg!