Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC sensation wont boot HELP!

Tip us?

lcorley803
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC sensation wont boot HELP!

My Htc sensation 4g is rooted and i have a Rom on it. I have been using it for a while now. But just recently i wanted a new ROM and i saw an ICS one. I read that i needed to update the firmware first before installing the ROM. I tried to install the firmware via H-BOOT but i dont think it worked and so i flashed the ROM and it wouldnt boot. I went back into recovery so i could restore to the previous ROM and it worked but one thing changed and that was on the H-BOOT and it said ****LOCKED****. Everything was fine until i tried to fix it and so i tried to fix it by downloading the firmware again and try to update it again. When i did this it seemed to update fine. Then i rebooted my phone as it prompted and then all of the suuden it turned off and i tried to turn it back on but it wouldnt work. It has not been able to turn on sense then. Even when i plug it up the charger it still doesnt do anything. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!! Comment below with suggestions.

stroobach
Old
(Last edited by stroobach; 11th January 2012 at 09:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcorley803 View Post
My Htc sensation 4g is rooted and i have a Rom on it. I have been using it for a while now. But just recently i wanted a new ROM and i saw an ICS one. I read that i needed to update the firmware first before installing the ROM. I tried to install the firmware via H-BOOT but i dont think it worked and so i flashed the ROM and it wouldnt boot. I went back into recovery so i could restore to the previous ROM and it worked but one thing changed and that was on the H-BOOT and it said ****LOCKED****. Everything was fine until i tried to fix it and so i tried to fix it by downloading the firmware again and try to update it again. When i did this it seemed to update fine. Then i rebooted my phone as it prompted and then all of the suuden it turned off and i tried to turn it back on but it wouldnt work. It has not been able to turn on sense then. Even when i plug it up the charger it still doesnt do anything. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!! Comment below with suggestions.
well,, sorry to say,
but that seems a brick.

make sure your battery is full

try to
pull battery - boot. if that doesnt work
pull battery - hold down volume down and power, if that doesnt work,
then its probebly bricked..

the only thing that can fix that is returning it to HTC
simply tell them you had a OTA and when it was done it wouldnt boot up again.

dont say it was rooted or you know the site XDA
dont say you had hacked software on it
We used to have big phone's, but we want it as small as possible.
Nowadays we want a bigger phone, the smaller it is the crappyer the phone is :3
irony?