XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS on Xoom= WOOOOOWWW

Tip us?

okantomi
Old
Thanks Meter 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsider214 View Post
ok help me out if I flash my wifi xoom to is before they decide to actually releases it. Will I still get the released updated from motor or will I have to do something with the rom again?
You will have to flash back to stock for your model and be unrooted to accept an OTA update. If you wait a while, Team Eos will make sure that any relevant ICS updates are incorporated into their rom and you will also have all of the additional Eos functionality.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaekidd1012 View Post
After a couple of days I had to go into the Team EOS settings and switch the CPU governor to lagfree because the ROM was lagging bad as if it were REALLY getting bogged down. I had the bookmarks widget on my desktop as well as a GMail widget and two Google Reader widgets that I removed in hopes of fixing the lag but I'll try to re-add the widgets and see if they were the true culprit or not.

Anyone know of a benchmarking app that works with ICS? Tried Quadrant but it gave me a 'Service Call Failed' error after running the tests.
Antutu benchmark works fine with the Eos ICS build.
Transformer Infinity 32Gb - JB 4.1.1
ROM: CROMI v4.4 with _that kernel
Nexus 7 32Gb - JB 4.2.2
ROM: between sparksco's sabremod and sbdags' CROMi with M-kernel
SGS2 Epic 4G Touch - JB 4.2.2
ROM: Evervolv, Baked or Magical Unicorn
Xoom WiFi - JB 4.2.1
ROM: EOS 4 Wingray Nightly 180
Rockin' TWRP Touch Recovery on everything!

When someone--anyone--helps you, give them a THANKS!

got556
Old
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
Hmmm me thinks I need to grab a Xoom.

I've been holding out for the 8.2 Xyboard but man, locked bootloader, no earth shattering hardware, and high price, along with no dev support and may never be. The Xoom looks more attractive every minute.
*Current*

Galaxy Note 2 CM11.0 | Galaxy S3 Stock Rooted | Nexus 7 FHD Stock Rooted

adamelphick
Old
Thanks Meter 13
What a pity none of the new builds support non-US 3G 601 Xooms!

A1000 (retired), Exec (Sold), Ameo (LOST!!), Vario III (Sold)
Motorola Q9 (Gone back to Microsoft as the Mobile Insights Assessment Panel has closed down!)
HTC Touch Pro (Sold), HTC HD2 (Retired), HTC HD7 (Sold)

Asus Transformer TF101
16gb + 32gb Class 10 SDHC
UK Keyboard dock

Asus Transformer TF300 White
32gb Micro SDHC
JellyBean

Samsung Galaxy Note White
16GB Model
SuperNexus Rom

okantomi
Old
Thanks Meter 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamelphick View Post
What a pity none of the new builds support non-US 3G 601 Xooms!
They are actively working on the non-US 3G ICS. Have patience, if possible.
Nexus 7 32Gb - JB 4.2.2
Xoom WiFi - JB 4.2.1

Baines93
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've just got my Xoom. Been using a standard rom (for the most part) rooted SGS2 since June or so, so very used to gingerbread and a very snappy device really.

I'm loving the Xoom, so handy to have about. A few annoyances though!

1) sometimes sluggish, compared of my SGS2.

2) lack of a way to clear all notifications like i'm used to.

3) notifications don't scroll the content when they pop up, unlike on gingerbread when you get a facebook notification for example, you can see the whole comment it is notifying you about. On honeycomb, doesn't seem to be the case? Annoying if you're busy and don't really want to flip between apps.

4) lack of apps, particularly ones that have been optimised! Obviously also used to alot more in gingerbread! - found it pretty tricky to just find a simple notepad to JUST doodle some calculations on earlier!? Also noticed a couple I have on my phone that I couldn't even find? Thought they were all backwards compatible?

5) cannot for love nor money get my chrome bookmarks to sync! (maybe centralise to dropboxand use chromemarks app if all else fails? Ought to centralise them in the cloud always...)

It is beautiful though! Really like it, but just got a few issues! ICS looks very simillar on the tablet IMO according to the youtube videos I've seen.

To those using ICS on the Xoom, will it improve the issues I have with the notification system? Does syncing bookmarks work better? Are there more tablet optimised apps/will there be potentially?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Black Samsung Galaxy S IV & White Galaxy Note 10.1 .

filterking
Old
(Last edited by filterking; 11th January 2012 at 10:31 PM.) Reason: incomplete
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Very Happy Also

I'm also very pleased with this ROM on a Verizon 4G Xoom. I'm not sure everything works, but everything that I have wanted to use works great. The ROM is very impressive. Plus I like blue.

I also installed the Nova Launcher which I really like on the Xoom.

A big thanks to all who share their work, knowledge and time on this site.

okantomi
Old
Thanks Meter 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 View Post
I've just got my Xoom. Been using a standard rom (for the most part) rooted SGS2 since June or so, so very used to gingerbread and a very snappy device really.

I'm loving the Xoom, so handy to have about. A few annoyances though!

1) sometimes sluggish, compared of my SGS2.

2) lack of a way to clear all notifications like i'm used to.

3) notifications don't scroll the content when they pop up, unlike on gingerbread when you get a facebook notification for example, you can see the whole comment it is notifying you about. On honeycomb, doesn't seem to be the case? Annoying if you're busy and don't really want to flip between apps.

4) lack of apps, particularly ones that have been optimised! Obviously also used to alot more in gingerbread! - found it pretty tricky to just find a simple notepad to JUST doodle some calculations on earlier!? Also noticed a couple I have on my phone that I couldn't even find? Thought they were all backwards compatible?

5) cannot for love nor money get my chrome bookmarks to sync! (maybe centralise to dropboxand use chromemarks app if all else fails? Ought to centralise them in the cloud always...)

It is beautiful though! Really like it, but just got a few issues! ICS looks very simillar on the tablet IMO according to the youtube videos I've seen.

To those using ICS on the Xoom, will it improve the issues I have with the notification system? Does syncing bookmarks work better? Are there more tablet optimised apps/will there be potentially?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
You'll see that most, if not all your issues will be addressed by rooting/flashing the ICS build of your choice. A number of apps do need some updating to ICS compatibility...the apps developers need to do that.
Nexus 7 32Gb - JB 4.2.2
Xoom WiFi - JB 4.2.1

Baines93
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I suppose there will be less apps optimised for the tablets on ICS currently than there is for gingerbread?

However, with the nexus running ICS, and ICScoming soon to a hell of a lot of galaxy s2's all over the world, I imagine they'll be a lot more tablet optimised apps than gingerbread, and a lot quicker?

Which ROM would you recommend? I prefer a vanilla experience if possible, hence I picked the Xoom over the galaxy tab 10, despite my love for my Galaxy S2!

Also, can you confirm, if running ICS, if the notification system works how i'd like again?

Cheers.

Matt.

got556
Old
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
I find it funny, considering the other "locked" thread in Xoom General that those bitching about the Prime getting ICS before the Xoom, haven't piped up at all about how they find it funny the Prime is a royal clusterf*** at this point in time.

Me personally, if and when I own a Xoom, I would be glad I wasn't the "First" tablet to OTA ICS. Maybe these are why we've seen all the delays in releasing ICS updates.

I dare you guys to go over to the Prime section just to see the chaos. I have never liked the Prime (played around with many), and almost bought one, but just couldn't get the drive in me to "WANT" it. Glad I went with my gut instinct.

I think I best be getting a Xoom before too long though b/c when ICS for the Xoom is official, prices will be going back up (not to mention the flop I have no doubt the Xyboards will be).
*Current*

Galaxy Note 2 CM11.0 | Galaxy S3 Stock Rooted | Nexus 7 FHD Stock Rooted

Baines93
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hmmmm. I've been a bit out of the technology circle for a while now, so had to look up the Xyboard.. Doesn't look promising I have to say.... Yes, sleeker and lighter (would be cool, but not a dealbreaker on this Xoom!) but a crappier camera upfront, and shipping with honeycomb instead of ICS, at a similarly high pricepoint to the Xoom when originally launched, which didn't do great anyway!

Also another annoyance in honeycomb... On the web, to refresh a page, you must go to the top of the page and hit refresh? On gingerbread you can just hit the options button, pop up the little options box at the bottom of the screen and hit refresh... Has this little productivity gremlin been addressed in ICS by any chance? *hopes*