Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,416 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Micro USB To HDMI Cable?

Tip us?
 
TechnicGeek
Old
#1  
TechnicGeek's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Lightbulb [Q] Micro USB To HDMI Cable?

Is there such thing as micro USB to HDMI cable? I am talking about cable that would connect to micro USB port on HTC Desire S and to HDTV so i can see what i see on smartphone's screen on HDTV.

I know about USB to HDMI adapter but it costs ~$70. However i thought maybe there is a cable that would allow me to do same thing?

Thanks.
 
skymoon_891_
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Aug 2011
It's not possible whit desire s. EVO 3d sensaton and flyer have a mhl port. But desire s doesn't have. I wondered it too and this is the fact

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App
 
TechnicGeek
Old
#3  
TechnicGeek's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymoon_891_ View Post
It's not possible whit desire s. EVO 3d sensaton and flyer have a mhl port. But desire s doesn't have. I wondered it too and this is the fact

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

Okay then what about USB to HDMI adapter?
 
stonedandhappy
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 143
Join Date: Sep 2006
The desire s doesn't have a tv out feature so as far as I'm aware even if there was such a cable then it still wouldn't be possible,

You can however stream media from your desire s using DNLA to comaptible devices such as PS3, xbox360, certain tvs etc.
 
TechnicGeek
Old
#5  
TechnicGeek's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedandhappy View Post
The desire s doesn't have a tv out feature so as far as I'm aware even if there was such a cable then it still wouldn't be possible,

You can however stream media from your desire s using DNLA to comaptible devices such as PS3, xbox360, certain tvs etc.

So if smartphone does not have HDMI out then that means it does not have TV OUT?
 
skymoon_891_
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Aug 2011
MHL means micro usb to hdmi. It works with "extmicrousb" port. Desire S has just "microusb" port. DLNA is a good idea
 
TechnicGeek
Old
#7  
TechnicGeek's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymoon_891_ View Post
MHL means micro usb to hdmi. It works with "extmicrousb" port. Desire S has just "microusb" port. DLNA is a good idea
Only newest televisions support DLNA and DLNA adapters cost a lot.
 
Alfi91
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 41
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: XDA
Dlna adaptors are the only way to do it with a stock rom. But I am unsure of whether an application exists that will let us connect the phone using a cable.
Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue 16GB Quad Core i9300

PS Vita

HP DV6
Core i5, ATI Radeon 6770
 
wy328
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 98
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beijing
it's not a cable problem, desire s does not support video out

Tags
adapter, cable, hdmi, hdtv, usb
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Forums Added for the LG G Watch R and Samsung Gear S

A little over a week ago, LG “inadvertently” let the world know about the … more

Secrecy App Goes Open Source, New LG Android Wear Device! – XDA Developer TV

Secrecy encryption app goes open source! That and much … more

Pushbullet Updated with SMS Send Ability

Pushbullet is one of thoseapplications that every Android lover should have installed on his or … more

[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet Receives its First Update

The Nvidia Shield Tabletis the latest toy from one of the largest desktop graphics … more