[Help needed] French azerty chacha s-offed and qwerty problems

Search This thread

riorim

Nov 26, 2011
Lyon
First : hello everybody :)
I've been lurking around here for a long time without taking the time to register..
My primary phone is a nexus1 running CM7, but I recently bought, for work purposes, an Azerty HTC chacha because of its well-made hardware keyboard :)
I quickly decided to S-OFF it, mainly to be able to root it and remove memory-exhausting bloatware & unneeded apps such facebook etc..
So i got an XTC clip and S-OFFed it successfully, then flashed CWM following the adequate thread, then rooted it.

But :( I soon realized that the XTC clip had also set my CID to 11111111 (superCID) (previously : HTC__203 which is a French CID) and removed backupCID.
And from that moment, I've completely lost my azerty keyboard!

What I tried so far:

- pressing FN key + space bar and selecting French -> still on qwerty

- getting keyboard layout files / edit manually in /system/usr/.. -> didn't work (still qwerty layout),

- tried changing the CID with "fastboot oem writecid HTC__203" -> chacha fastboot seems to be unable to do that

- tried changing the CID with misc_version (misc_version -c HTC__203 from adb shell or terminal emulator with root permissions) -> didn't work ("error on input file")

I also tried to flash CM 7.1 from the "android developpement" thread but I still got qwerty layout although I selected a French layout on the CM welcome screen.
(I then reflashed to this ROM to come back on a sense ROM)

So, for the moment, my physical-Azerty-but-logical-qwerty chacha is quiete broken for me. I think the point is to succeed in changing back the CID from 11111111 to the french one (HTC__203), but I'm short of solutions so I call for help :confused:

Thanks a lot

riorim

Nov 26, 2011
Lyon
Hello,

I finally managed to get my azerty keyboard back, thanks to this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182776&page=2

In case someone needs some precisions:

I took "clavier_azerty_chacha_s-off.zip" from geek78 (huge thanks), extracted it and put the 2 files in /system/usr/keychars and /system/usr/keylayout.
Then I made a chmod 644 (that I had forgeotten before :( ) , and after reboot, azerty is back :)

My main problem is now solved :)
But I'm still stuck on SuperCID so I probably will miss next OTAs and still have problems the day when I need to flash some-coming alternative ROMs such a future stable CM.
Do some of you know a way to restore back the french CID other than "misc_version -c XXX" or "fastboot oem writecid" methods?

HiaZz

Jan 12, 2008
hello,
I have the same problem than you, riorim.
I wonder how did you made "chmod 644" and where ? Did you used "rootexplorer" and can you explain me the whole process ?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

riorim

Nov 26, 2011
Lyon
Hello,

- open root explorer
- change permission on the 2 files on rw-r--r-- (read/write for user, read only for group and others*)
- reboot and the job should be done :)

(*in the Unix world that means 644. 4=r, 2=w, 1=x. so 6=4+2=rw, and so on)

Reactions: HiaZz

HiaZz

Jan 12, 2008
Hello,

It worked very well :) so a big thanks tou you riorim, it has been one week I'm on it... :s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

- open root explorer
    - change permission on the 2 files on rw-r--r-- (read/write for user, read only for group and others*)
    - reboot and the job should be done :)

(*in the Unix world that means 644. 4=r, 2=w, 1=x. so 6=4+2=rw, and so on)