Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] original At&t pta apn settings

Tip us?

JEANRIVERA
Old
(Last edited by JEANRIVERA; 29th December 2011 at 05:59 AM.) Reason: explanation
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 311

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] original At&t pta apn settings

could anyone with original shipped ROM post original AT&T APN steting on the VIVID that is named PTA

just in case any one is wondering why do i need this is because i just flashed a custom ROM on my VIVID and it does not connect to LTE and i know it s probably an apn setting issue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEANRIVERA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thecubed
Old
Thanks Meter 4281

DONATE TO ME

There 'ya go! (From my soon-to-be-rooted Vivid)

After putting that in, does LTE work? I'm curious to see...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JEANRIVERA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 311

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecubed View Post

Thanks my LTE is working now!!!!

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium

jrodri29
Old
Thanks Meter 26
thanks! just what i needed!

borijess
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:

I don't see mms protocol on my settings. I just updated my setting and significantly faster with these settings.

l2otten
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've used those strings and nothing works on my vivid except the same apn setting for my old HTC inspire
My vivid is rooted and I am running he ICS
But with those settings trying to use apps that use the internet like Facebook or myyearbook I get unexpected errors wont let me viewpeoples profiles

Sent from my HTC Vivid using xda premium

meatwad0222
Old
Thanks Meter 54
meatwad is very pleased keep up the good work

beaups
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5507

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2otten View Post
I've used those strings and nothing works on my vivid except the same apn setting for my old HTC inspire
My vivid is rooted and I am running he ICS
But with those settings trying to use apps that use the internet like Facebook or myyearbook I get unexpected errors wont let me viewpeoples profiles

Sent from my HTC Vivid using xda premium
You need an LTE compatible sim to connect to PTA APN.

agentfusion
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:

I couldn't, for the life of me, get LTE data connection or use visual voicemail until I saw a post in another thread suggesting the PTA APN, so I searched and your post came up. Same phone as me too! Thanks a lot. Visual Voicemail now works AND I am getting LTE data instead of 3g!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote:

H-holy CRRRAAAAAAAAP.

So, I ran a new speed test at mobilespeedtest to replace the test I ran with my SGS almost two years ago, and it was insane. But what gets me the most is that I decided to run the test through my desktop browser too, at the 7MB test.

My Vivid's LTE connection was FASTER than my desktop connection. I have a 25mbit/s connection for my server, with absolutely no data being transferred beyond the speed test, with a 1gbit/s connection between all of the machines connected to my router.

Desktop Results: 10256Kbps (Approx. 10mbit)
LTE Results: 11940Kbps (Approx. 11.6mbit)
Pre-PTA APN Results: 3925Kbps (Approx. 3.8mbit)

Thanks again for PTA APN settings!
Motorola StarTac->Panasonic GD30->Motorola C116->Sony Ericsson Z310->HTC Wizard->Samsung Blackjack->BlackBerry Curve 8310->BlackBerry Bold 9000->HTC Kaiser->Samsung Blackjack 2->HTC Dream->HTC Rhodium->HTC Aria->Samsung Captivate->iPhone 3GS->HTC Vivid->SGS3-> LG G2
Over 20 years of Cellphones, and I found a way to modify every single one!
LG G2
ROM: d3rp-g2 bareback m1
Carrier: Sprint
Amazon Kindle Fire 2
ROM: CM11

mg2195
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2604

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfusion View Post
I couldn't, for the life of me, get LTE data connection or use visual voicemail until I saw a post in another thread suggesting the PTA APN, so I searched and your post came up. Same phone as me too! Thanks a lot. Visual Voicemail now works AND I am getting LTE data instead of 3g!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

H-holy CRRRAAAAAAAAP.

So, I ran a new speed test at mobilespeedtest to replace the test I ran with my SGS almost two years ago, and it was insane. But what gets me the most is that I decided to run the test through my desktop browser too, at the 7MB test.

My Vivid's LTE connection was FASTER than my desktop connection. I have a 25mbit/s connection for my server, with absolutely no data being transferred beyond the speed test, with a 1gbit/s connection between all of the machines connected to my router.

Desktop Results: 10256Kbps (Approx. 10mbit)
LTE Results: 11940Kbps (Approx. 11.6mbit)
Pre-PTA APN Results: 3925Kbps (Approx. 3.8mbit)

Thanks again for PTA APN settings!
Yeah...I get like 23MB down and 8MB up according to speedtest....only ran it once cause I'm on the 200mb plan and each test takes at least 20mb I think...my desktop got an average of 18mb down on speedtest and 3mb up

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2
Wanna learn to develop/mod/do cool things? Check out this forum here on xda...its a great starting place full of helpful people! (its where i learned to compile from source :P)
Chef Central > Android

Tags
apn, att, lte, pta, settings