defy wall charger

Search This thread

rashsalmn

May 31, 2011
hyderabad
guys my charger isn't working. there is a problem with the USB cable. can anyone help where to buy a wall charger in Hyderabad, India. (I have tried non Motorola chargers but it makes defy (cm7) sluggish and unresponsive .. please help.

Gabri.91

Oct 21, 2010
The cable and charger are common.. i can use the one of n97 without problem with mt defy

Inviato usando TapaTalk

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
The cable and charger are common.. i can use the one of n97 without problem with mt defy

Inviato usando TapaTalk

Hmm thought the usb cable unplugged from the wall charger so it could be used on a computer. At any rate I have noticed that my Kindle charger works great on my Defy.

ladiko

Jan 10, 2011
Berlin
I used the charger of an HP Touchpad with 2000 mAh instead of the 800mAh of the Defy charger and would say it charges much faster. Unfortunatelly i "had to" sell the HP Touchpad with its charger and i am looking for another good USB-Charger. In the past i bought one from ebay for not much more than 1€ but it only has 500mAh i am thinking about this one "from HTC" with 1mAh

ebay.com/itm/170738630232[/url]

This one is listed with 2100mAh: ebay.com/itm/170767447174

cickvoa

Jan 6, 2011
VG
I believe that you think on output current. That is mA, not mAh. And ofc that it chargers faster, just like you eat faster with bigger spoon :)

ladiko

Jan 10, 2011
Berlin
hello cickvoa,

you are right, it is mA, because milliampere per hour (mAh) is for battery's capacity and not for output currents. i hope everyone knows what i mean.

on the other hand i guess that the charging unit is also a factor the charging speed depends on. is it possible that a too high output current could damage the phone?

is anyone able to suggest a good charger with a current >= 1000 mA?

regards ladiko

cickvoa

Jan 6, 2011
VG
It is not possible do damage charging unit, cause it will take current that needs. For example: USB on PCs is 5V/500mA (500mA is MAX current that source (USB) gives), and when you plug mouse it takes only 100mA. So, charger with 2A output is MAX, and defy takes less current