Fpse - first impressions - sixaxis controller

Search This thread

typci

Apr 26, 2011
Xian, China (陕西,西安)
A copy and paste of the what I posted on the Fpse forum since I thought people here might be interested.

I have an Asus Transformer, and a wireless PS3 controller via Sixaxis Controller app

After fiddling with Fpse for a couple of hours, here is my impression:

Menus are very buggy:
Most settings have trouble saving - took me 3 try tries to get Country - Europe to save, other settings are hit and miss
Controller input settings never save - Every time I load Fpse I have to re-input the controller settings under "Hardware keys"
- Please fix this!!!!

Controls are OK:
Once the controls are mapped, they work pretty much as expected
No analog emulation for digital keys = I can't play ape escape with my wireless PS3 controller, bummer.
Definitely needs analog emulation for digital key presses
I might be able to find a work around for the analog with Sixaxis Controller app, not sure. Still getting used to the app

Audio - Sometime great, sometimes not so great
The audio appears tied into the frame rate - if Frameskip is on, it also appears to skip the audio, resulting in choppy audio
When games run at full frame rate, the audio is pretty good.

Games seem to work just fine
Games appear to be working just as they should, nothing spectacular, nothing bad, which is a very good thing.
Performance seems a little slow, but that could be the Transformer not having enough CPU power, or Fpse.

This post may not seem negative, but it is really not. Any problems I didn't experience means they are not there, which means a lot of things work great. It's hard to find things that are working correctly, because if they are working correctly, you should never notice they are there. I also know this is a relatively new app, and Android is a new operating system. It takes time to get things to work correctly.

I am very satisfied with Fpse. But getting the menu to save the controller settings and adding analog emulation would go a long way to making even more satisfied and telling more people about Fpse (hint, hint). A playstation emulator without a proper control setup kills the fun outright.

Gawis

Oct 10, 2009
I installed CM7 nightly 25 for my SGSII and installed the sixasis app, configured just fine with FPse and worked everytime I started it up again, remembered just fine.
Didn't test analog though.

I configured the control and then saved it as default under settings.
If you load a game that already has a config or save you need to re-enter the controls and save again as default, this will be for that game then...
after that it works fine :)

fiuwe

May 2, 2009
Hi ...
I was trying to use the sixasis, and I could use it fine on the phone...

The problem is that I cannot use it with FPse...

Anyone can help me about how to set it ?

Thanks
:(

typci

Apr 26, 2011
Xian, China (陕西,西安)
What specifically are you having problems with?

1) Connect the PS3 controller via sixaxis controller app
2) Configure the PS3 controller buttons in sixaxis, i.e. what keyboard button you want each PS3 button to emulate
3) Disconnect and reconnect to Sixaxis controller app
4) Open FPse and load a game
5) Configure the controls in FPse to use the PS3, Remember sixaxis controller app makes the PS3 controller emulate keyboard buttons, so configure key bindings
6) In FPse, under system, click save default settings. If you don't do this you have to rebind the PS3 controller keys every time you start FPse
7) Play game

Reactions: sevenup30

fiuwe

May 2, 2009
5) Configure the controls in FPse to use the PS3, Remember sixaxis controller app makes the PS3 controller emulate keyboard buttons, so configure key bindings

That's the problem ... :(
I can use the controller in all other operations on the phone, but I'm not able to configure correctly the sixaxis for the FPse ...

Backwardsblade

Nov 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Both work great for me on tf. There were recent issues if you were using the opengl plugin and tried to bind keys, but the newest update fixed it. :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A copy and paste of the what I posted on the Fpse forum since I thought people here might be interested.

I have an Asus Transformer, and a wireless PS3 controller via Sixaxis Controller app

After fiddling with Fpse for a couple of hours, here is my impression:

Menus are very buggy:
    Most settings have trouble saving - took me 3 try tries to get Country - Europe to save, other settings are hit and miss
    Controller input settings never save - Every time I load Fpse I have to re-input the controller settings under "Hardware keys"
    - Please fix this!!!!

Controls are OK:
    Once the controls are mapped, they work pretty much as expected
    No analog emulation for digital keys = I can't play ape escape with my wireless PS3 controller, bummer.
    Definitely needs analog emulation for digital key presses
    I might be able to find a work around for the analog with Sixaxis Controller app, not sure. Still getting used to the app

Audio - Sometime great, sometimes not so great
    The audio appears tied into the frame rate - if Frameskip is on, it also appears to skip the audio, resulting in choppy audio
    When games run at full frame rate, the audio is pretty good.

Games seem to work just fine
    Games appear to be working just as they should, nothing spectacular, nothing bad, which is a very good thing.
    Performance seems a little slow, but that could be the Transformer not having enough CPU power, or Fpse.

This post may not seem negative, but it is really not. Any problems I didn't experience means they are not there, which means a lot of things work great. It's hard to find things that are working correctly, because if they are working correctly, you should never notice they are there. I also know this is a relatively new app, and Android is a new operating system. It takes time to get things to work correctly.

I am very satisfied with Fpse. But getting the menu to save the controller settings and adding analog emulation would go a long way to making even more satisfied and telling more people about Fpse (hint, hint). A playstation emulator without a proper control setup kills the fun outright.

1) Connect the PS3 controller via sixaxis controller app
    2) Configure the PS3 controller buttons in sixaxis, i.e. what keyboard button you want each PS3 button to emulate
    3) Disconnect and reconnect to Sixaxis controller app
    4) Open FPse and load a game
    6) In FPse, under system, click save default settings. If you don't do this you have to rebind the PS3 controller keys every time you start FPse
    7) Play game