[Q] Flashing CM7 nightlies - LINK2SD messes up

Search This thread

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
Can anyone help me out here?

I'm on the stable unofficial cm7.2 from alquez. Now the nightly builds are being released, but everytime I update by installing the zip via cwm my link2sd goes all nuts. :(

When I reboot after flash I get a mount warning, so I do a reboot.. then I try all sorts of things but all the liniks seem to be messed up and my internal memory goes full to capacity.

Does anyone know how to update without messing up my link2sd? I have to restore my nandroid everytime and so I don't get to use the nightlies.

I'm using an 8GB SD partitioned ext4 to 1GB.

d33ps1x

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Getting back up and running from a CM7 Nightly Update

1/ NANDROID BACKUP TO GET BACK TO WHERE YOU WERE IF YOU HAVE TO
2/ Titanium backup of all apps/data and system data
4/ Backup Titanium backup, ES File Explorer and LINK2SD apk's to SD card (Always have them there anyways!) using ES File Explorer
3/ Full wipe and install of new nightly and gapps
4/ Use CM7 File Explorer to reinstall TB, ES File, and LINK2SD
5/ Run Link2SD and relink SD Ext
6/ Turn on autolinking in settings
7/ Reboot
8/ Full titanium restore (files will auto relink to SD Ext with autolink on)
9/ Mass unlink the files you want on the Internal memory
10/ Redo your widgets on desktop

All your settings including WiFi, Google accounts, apps settings and data, System and Cyanogenmod settings will be retained.

Like I said. Pretty much all you have to redo is widgets.

Last edited:
Reactions: danielstar13

alexyie

Jul 31, 2007
Can anyone help me out here?

I'm on the stable unofficial cm7.2 from alquez. Now the nightly builds are being released, but everytime I update by installing the zip via cwm my link2sd goes all nuts. :(

When I reboot after flash I get a mount warning, so I do a reboot.. then I try all sorts of things but all the liniks seem to be messed up and my internal memory goes full to capacity.

Does anyone know how to update without messing up my link2sd? I have to restore my nandroid everytime and so I don't get to use the nightlies.

I'm using an 8GB SD partitioned ext4 to 1GB.

After flashing new build of CM7
go to link2sd, then recreate mount script choosing your correct partition (ext4 in this case)
fully reboot (not quick reboot)
all your app should now shown correctly

d33ps1x

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
After flashing new build of CM7
go to link2sd, then recreate mount script choosing your correct partition (ext4 in this case)
fully reboot (not quick reboot)
all your app should now shown correctly
Sometimes you can lose some but not all of your linked apps and they won't relink dalvik or libraries.

Last attempt at a normal update and remount script I lost 69 apps that refused to relink.

If you want to be safer than sorry...

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
4/ Backup Titanium backup, ES File Explorer and LINK2SD apk's to SD card (Always have them there anyways!) using ES File Explorer
7/ Reboot

All your settings including WiFi, Google accounts, apps settings and data, System and Cyanogenmod settings will be retained.

OMg. That's the same as installing any custom ROM, just keeping the settings (which I backup anyway). I can't do this nightly! I might as well just update when there are major major improvements such as kernal, etc. :D

Can't we like, use a patch or something that saves all the links when updating, or something like that?

d33ps1x

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
OMg. That's the same as installing any custom ROM, just keeping the settings (which I backup anyway). I can't do this nightly! I might as well just update when there are major major improvements such as kernal, etc. :D

Can't we like, use a patch or something that saves all the links when updating, or something like that?
I'll work something out.

No.12

Aug 14, 2011
I too, always do full backup with Titanium, then full wipe, clear dalvik cash, install new CM build, then restore app using Titanium again.
My question is, why when I reinstall new build, gapps are always present, I don't have to install them again? I always do factory reset, clear cash partition and dalvik cash before update.

Wildfire S powered by CM 7.2

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
I too, always do full backup with Titanium, then full wipe, clear dalvik cash, install new CM build, then restore app using Titanium again.
My question is, why when I reinstall new build, gapps are always present, I don't have to install them again? I always do factory reset, clear cash partition and dalvik cash before update.

Wildfire S powered by CM 7.2
They're present because you included them in the full titanium backup.

--

Cool if you can d33p :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'll work something out.
    Getting back up and running from a CM7 Nightly Update

7/ Reboot