a few specific ROM issues
i have been compiling my own ROM using the available tools. it is almost at what i would call perfect, except for a few issues that i am unable to solve. any knowledge and help would be highly appreciated!
1) in the Control Panel, i would like to remove the following items:
usb to pc
2) setting the IE homepage: I have set (by adding to an .rgu file)
but no matter, after i flash, it always goes to "http://mobile.htc.com"
obviously my settings are being overridden elsewhere, but i have searched for hours and have not found where from.
3) i am trying to delete the registry entry:
i have placed in an .rgu file the following entry:
but no matter, the first entry is always present after flashing.
4) i cannot figure out where the Resco Explorer registration info is located so i can have it registered from the start. i have search and found that i am by no means not the only one with this problem, but no one has reported success.
5) i am using the Vista Cube, and somehow the name entries for the "email" and "sms" tiles have been switched. once, again, i have placed correcting entires, but they are apparently being overridden.
other than these issues, i have created my perfect rom! if anyone can help on any of these, please do report. thank in advance.
P.S. i have posted the same here