XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinking about getting a new case

Tip us?

voyagerfan99
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
I use the Speck case w/out issue. When you say long lock time, how long is that?
Today (first time I turned the GPS on since Thursday night) it was 40 seconds, but it can sometimes be as long as several minutes.

Tx Redneck
Old
Thanks Meter 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99 View Post
Today (first time I turned the GPS on since Thursday night) it was 40 seconds, but it can sometimes be as long as several minutes.
See if this helps any.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1224057

Saved and Texan by the grace of God, Redneck by choice.
God will not save you from that which he will perfect you through. Dr Voddie Baucham

If more people would get a divorce from themselves, they might learn how to live happily with someone else. Dr Ed Young Sr

No man ever sank beneath the burden of the day, it is when tomorrows burdens are added to today that the weight is more than we can bear. Dr Charles Stanley

voyagerfan99
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
See if this helps any.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1224057

Saved and Texan by the grace of God, Redneck by choice.
Not gonna rip my phone apart. I did the whole "Press around the flash" thing, but that didn't make any difference. I'm gonna let my GPS go stale for a few days and then try a fresh lock. I want a new case anyways as my speck is just plain boring

MMM-BACONSTRIPS
Old
Thanks Meter 1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99 View Post
Not gonna rip my phone apart. I did the whole "Press around the flash" thing, but that didn't make any difference. I'm gonna let my GPS go stale for a few days and then try a fresh lock. I want a new case anyways as my speck is just plain boring
Check out the AGPS fix in the dev section and see if that helps ya out. I've heard that the Seido case is great but honestly haven't had a signal problem with my CM Tough Case, I lock within a few seconds 9/9 sats and the space between the camera and flash is covered, but who knows. If you're really having an issue with GPS and you tried the AGPS fix, it very well may be a hardware issue. If you think so try testing without a case just to make sure!
Samsung Galaxy 4
I change my ROMs more than my underwear.

Nick281051
Old
Thanks Meter 1327
I currently have an aegis trident case for my inspire, I've had it for months now with really no cosmetic damage to it

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

HTC Inspire 4g collecting dust

Old Phone: Samsung Captivate (At&t)- Returned
HTC Tilt 2 (AT&T)- Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
Nice job bro! Not only have you insulted the dev of the rom thread you're posting in , but you also took offense to an internet forum post which has no bearing on your life! This is the internet bro. You've got to have a thick skin.

texas-saluki
Old
Thanks Meter 2
question on comments on GPS interference. How much interference could you get with a plastic case? I don't think it would provide that much attenuation...or the GPS receivers really stink
Chris Noland
Flower Mound, TX
Inspire 4G ATTM
CM7
Galaxy Nexus Sprint