OP Casutherland42

8th January 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #11  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 12

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck

I use the Speck case w/out issue. When you say long lock time, how long is that?

Today (first time I turned the GPS on since Thursday night) it was 40 seconds, but it can sometimes be as long as several minutes.
8th January 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 679

1,422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99

Today (first time I turned the GPS on since Thursday night) it was 40 seconds, but it can sometimes be as long as several minutes.

See if this helps any.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1224057

Saved and Texan by the grace of God, Redneck by choice.
9th January 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #13  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 12

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck

See if this helps any.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1224057

Saved and Texan by the grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Not gonna rip my phone apart. I did the whole "Press around the flash" thing, but that didn't make any difference. I'm gonna let my GPS go stale for a few days and then try a fresh lock. I want a new case anyways as my speck is just plain boring
12th January 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #14  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,084

859 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99

Not gonna rip my phone apart. I did the whole "Press around the flash" thing, but that didn't make any difference. I'm gonna let my GPS go stale for a few days and then try a fresh lock. I want a new case anyways as my speck is just plain boring

Check out the AGPS fix in the dev section and see if that helps ya out. I've heard that the Seido case is great but honestly haven't had a signal problem with my CM Tough Case, I lock within a few seconds 9/9 sats and the space between the camera and flash is covered, but who knows. If you're really having an issue with GPS and you tried the AGPS fix, it very well may be a hardware issue. If you think so try testing without a case just to make sure!
13th January 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #15  
Flag Northport, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,329

4,620 posts
More
I currently have an aegis trident case for my inspire, I've had it for months now with really no cosmetic damage to it

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App
18th January 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #16  
Flag Flower Mound, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
More
question on comments on GPS interference. How much interference could you get with a plastic case? I don't think it would provide that much attenuation...or the GPS receivers really stink
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread