[Q] How to Root Moto XT316(base on 2.3.4)

Search This thread

biskwit

Nov 29, 2010
hi masters!!!

my brother have this cherry mobile phone, pretty much like an OEM version of motorolla fire xt. The phone is unable to boot, and is on android system recovery mode <3e>, i have 3 options

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

i have tried all three options but im still unable to boot up. Please give me some advice, ive been reading on forums and this is the only thread that has a lot of experience users...

Maybe some boot keys might help, like power + volume down tips... and drivers as well so that i can go to "download mode" or any particular steps that will fix this phone.

THanks!!! more power guys

noahstevens

Nov 9, 2011
this root is for 2.3 only

Tools needed: SUT1.75, SuperOneClick2.1, RootD3, ROOT (http://hotfile.com/dl/134441977/e36bb3b/Rooting_XT316.zip.html)

1. download and UN-compress all files. on your phone, choose application setting->development->enable "USB debugging", then connect your phone with your pc with USB cable and install driver automatically.

2. install SUT1.75.

3. Run SUT1.75, choose the below file:
2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

then your phone reboots.

4. on pc, run cmd -> adb shell (if your ROOT folder is located in c:\, then change directly to c:\ROOT, type adb shell), wait untill "#" appear, then you can close the cmd window.

5. open RootD3 folder, run RootD3_zhCN.cmd,
7.jpg

your phone will reboot 3 times. After the 1st reboot, please check if the 2nd reboot starts automatically, if not, unplug the USB cable and plug it again, step 5 complete when the 3rd reboot is done.

6. Go into SuperOneClick folder, run SuperOneClick.exe, press Root.
9.jpg

After it says it is completed, check if you have the Skull Android icon in the menu, if yes, your phone has been rooted.

All materials and information on the above are quoted from a Chinese forum called DK forum, I did nothing but just translate into English and share in here. Here is the link: http://bbs.dkdiy.net/thread-2337-1-1.html

When i start SUT LR it says my phone is not connected! please look into it!

peterfunny

Jan 18, 2012
Hi, since i had some trouble rooting my Fire XT (X530) on 2.3.5, i'll tell you what to do (no guarantees though ^^).
The original link in the howto no longer works, a google search brings up many alternatives fortunately: can't post links yet, google for rooting_xt316.zip
Turn on USB debugging on your phone
Unzip the archive
Install and run SUT LR, choose the file FXX_PR3_NV.xml from the ROOT folder, your phone will reboot after flashing. (personal data was left intact, don't take my word for it though!!!)
Get into a cmd window, navigate to RootD3 and type: adb shell
wait until # appears (don't remember if phone rebooted lol)
[optional?]open RootD3 folder, run RootD3_zhCN.cmd[/optional?] (hung for me)
Be sure to have the SD unmounted in the phone before running SuperOneClick (it mounts again at every restart)
Run newest SuperOneClick (not sure if included one will work as i didn't try) as administrator and press Root

Check for Superuser app
???
Profit! :p

SuperOneClick always hung at step 5 before doing above mentioned steps. Hope they will be useful to someone. :)

Last edited:

noahstevens

Nov 9, 2011
have you "enable "USB debugging"" ?

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

have you "enable "USB debugging"" ?

of course i have. and installed drivers multiple times. if i try to root directly thru superoneclick,its stuck at that step saying" killing adb and restarting as root,enjoy "

havent been able to enjoy from about a month now. :( tried manually through cmd, in download mode, no progress.

peterfunny

Jan 18, 2012
My phone was stuck at that step too when only running the newest SuperOneClick, dunno what exactly SUT LR is doing lol. Crazy (but clever!) Chinese hackers... :p

Maybe you put your phone into USB mass storage mode by accident? USB debugging is in the Apps controls under developer settings (may be different in english as my mother language is german). No pun intended. :)
Also, again without intended pun lol, did you install the drivers from the flash drive of your phone or only let Windows do it's thing automatically? Not sure if it would make a difference though...

Last edited:
Reactions: noahstevens

redbearedten

Jan 20, 2012
Model: Motorola XT311
Android version: 2.3.5 ;)

This method worked for me. On step 5 I chose RootD3.cmd file. I only had to unplug and plug usb cable on this step as it was explained.

You can see the images here: h t t p s ://sites.google.com/site/wikihowtosetup/root-motorola-xt316-or-xt510

Thank you!!!

noahstevens

Nov 9, 2011
My phone was stuck at that step too when only running the newest SuperOneClick, dunno what exactly SUT LR is doing lol. Crazy (but clever!) Chinese hackers... :p

Maybe you put your phone into USB mass storage mode by accident? USB debugging is in the Apps controls under developer settings (may be different in english as my mother language is german). No pun intended. :)
Also, again without intended pun lol, did you install the drivers from the flash drive of your phone or only let Windows do it's thing automatically? Not sure if it would make a difference though...

No. been doing this from a long time now, always drivers installed,usb debugging enabled. no luck ,phone is not connected!!

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

This method worked for me. On step 5 I chose RootD3.cmd file. I only had to unplug and plug usb cable on this step as it was explained.

You can see the images here: h t t p s ://sites.google.com/site/wikihowtosetup/root-motorola-xt316-or-xt510

Thank you!!!

do have any idea why SUT LR says my phone is not connected? usb debugging is on.

crazy.girl

Dec 5, 2011
cairo
hi
plz i need ur help
i have xt311 and i've rooted it then i uninstalled android market
now i want to have the market and i cant
i installed it but it closes every time i download app
i saw some of you update their android to 2.3.5 plz tell me how i can update mine cuz it will fix the problem
thanx

lichingho

Dec 23, 2010
china 2.3.5 rom (this rom is excluding all google service, please see point 7 below to install back the google service if you would like and after flashed with this rom):http://hotfile.com/dl/143245160/a3f398f/dmq-4500-0-7009-a01_rfm.sbf.html

tools needed: Sut1.75, superoneclick2.1, rootd3, root (http://hotfile.com/dl/134441977/e36bb3b/rooting_xt316.zip.html)

1. Download and un-compress all files. On your phone, choose application setting->development->enable "usb debugging", then connect your phone with your pc with usb cable and install driver automatically.

2. Install sut1.75.

3. Run sut1.75, choose the corresponding file (fxx_pr3_nv.xml) from the folder (root), when "task 2 of 2 finished", click "finish",
then your phone reboots:

094609t3cccyguii81tcg1.jpg

4. After reboot, on pc, run cmd ->

type: Cd (folder of rootd3)->

type : Adb shell,

wait untill "#" appear, then you can close the cmd window.

5. Open rootd3 folder, run rootd3_zhcn.cmd

your phone will reboot 3 times. After the 1st reboot, please check if the 2nd reboot starts automatically, if not, unplug the usb cable and plug it again, step 5 complete when the 3rd reboot is done.

6. Go into superoneclick folder, run superoneclick.exe, press root.

After it says it is completed, check if you have the skull android icon in the menu, if yes, your phone has been rooted.

7. Google gms pack: http://hotfile.com/dl/143237519/5b4a135/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip.html

7.1 download and copy the above file to the root of your sdcard

7.2 reboot into recovery mode, install / update by this file, reboot phone, google service is ready.

All materials and information on the above are quoted from a chinese forum called dk forum, i did nothing but just translate into english and share in here. Here is the link: http://bbs.dkdiy.net/thread-2337-1-1.html

guys, i have updated the picture, attached a 2.3.5 rom from china, and written down how to install the google service to this rom, please check

thanks and happy chinese new year

hizab

Jul 4, 2008
SP
Root Spice XT531

One more Motorola Spice XT531 Rooted from Tim Brasil. This cell phone without root it´s garbage. Don´t forget to choose file FXX_PR3_NV.xml on SUTLR_v1.7.5

Any one know a good Bootloader for this phone?

eduardorcosta

Jan 25, 2012
XT 317 2.3.7 rooted

Hi everyone, this is my first post so I'm sorry if I made some mistake.

I was able to root my phone with some diferent procedure than this one.

I use the same tools, but few steps.

First I use the SUT with XML file to put the exploit on the phone, reboot and everything is ok, no data lost.

Second I used the RootD3 with CN file to try to do something, and since I was in a mac, this one did not go ok. Then I realized that this cmd is just a windows script.

Then I just open the RootD3.cmd that is the same file but translated to english, and just followed the procedures on my mac, and bingo the phone was rooted....

It installed the root application in the phone.

I don't really thing the superoneclick is needed since it install again the root application.

If anyone has any questions I'll be glad to answer.

Eduardo

ioprime

Sep 29, 2011
How to unroot Motorola XT311 once you root it? Suppose you want to make it to the default factory settings(unroot) after you root it, How is it done?

kLow-BR

Jan 26, 2012
One more Motorola Spice XT531 Rooted from Tim Brasil. This cell phone without root it´s garbage. Don´t forget to choose file FXX_PR3_NV.xml on SUTLR_v1.7.5

Any one know a good Bootloader for this phone?

I got the SAME phone and provider as yours.
But wich Android versiond do you got?
I have 2.3.5 on mine, but I don't know if I can root with this method, because it says that it's base on 2.3.4

Last edited:

jtubz25

Oct 24, 2009
Riyadh
mine also, i updated my fire xt 530 to 2.3.5 . my problem now is rooting. because it says the root will work only base on 2.3.4. please let us know who tried it to root on 2.3.5

tenryuu

Jan 27, 2012
I tried but

I tried the first step to root my Motorola XT311: download the tools needed but I can't, the file has been removed!... any solution plz??
Thanks a lot!!!!

fxm67

Jan 27, 2012
Hi ! Thanks a lot. I managed to root my Xt311, but how can I update to 2.3.5 ? I installed Rom Manager, and if I hit on "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery", my xt311 isn't in that list with phones. What should I do ? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    China 2.3.5 Rom (this Rom is excluding all Google service, please see point 7 below to install back the google service if you would like and after flashed with this Rom):http://hotfile.com/dl/143245160/a3f398f/DMQ-4500-0-7009-A01_RFM.sbf.html

Tools needed: SUT1.75, SuperOneClick2.1, RootD3, ROOT (http://hotfile.com/dl/134441977/e36bb3b/Rooting_XT316.zip.html)

1. download and UN-compress all files. on your phone, choose application setting->development->enable "USB debugging", then connect your phone with your pc with USB cable and install driver automatically.

2. install SUT1.75.

3. Run SUT1.75, choose the corresponding file (FXX_PR3_NV.xml) from the folder (ROOT), when "Task 2 of 2 finished", click "Finish",
    then your phone reboots:

094609t3cccyguii81tcg1.jpg

4. after reboot, on pc, run cmd ->

type: cd (folder of ROOTD3)->

type : adb shell,

wait untill "#" appear, then you can close the cmd window.

5. open RootD3 folder, run RootD3_zhCN.cmd

your phone will reboot 3 times. After the 1st reboot, please check if the 2nd reboot starts automatically, if not, unplug the USB cable and plug it again, step 5 complete when the 3rd reboot is done.

After it says it is completed, check if you have the Skull Android icon in the menu, if yes, your phone has been rooted.

7. Google GMS pack: http://hotfile.com/dl/143237519/5b4a135/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip.html

7.1 download and copy the above file to the root of your sdcard

7.2 reboot into recovery mode, install / update by this file, reboot phone, google service is ready.

All materials and information on the above are quoted from a Chinese forum called DK forum, I did nothing but just translate into English and share in here. Here is the link: http://bbs.dkdiy.net/thread-2337-1-1.html

Thank you!!!
    Hi, since i had some trouble rooting my Fire XT (X530) on 2.3.5, i'll tell you what to do (no guarantees though ^^).
    The original link in the howto no longer works, a google search brings up many alternatives fortunately: can't post links yet, google for rooting_xt316.zip
    Turn on USB debugging on your phone
    Unzip the archive
    Install and run SUT LR, choose the file FXX_PR3_NV.xml from the ROOT folder, your phone will reboot after flashing. (personal data was left intact, don't take my word for it though!!!)
    Get into a cmd window, navigate to RootD3 and type: adb shell
    wait until # appears (don't remember if phone rebooted lol)
    [optional?]open RootD3 folder, run RootD3_zhCN.cmd[/optional?] (hung for me)
    Be sure to have the SD unmounted in the phone before running SuperOneClick (it mounts again at every restart)
    Run newest SuperOneClick (not sure if included one will work as i didn't try) as administrator and press Root

Check for Superuser app
    ???
    Profit! :p

SuperOneClick always hung at step 5 before doing above mentioned steps. Hope they will be useful to someone. :)
    Looking for Root tools ? Help is HERE !!!

Got it rooted !!

Model: Moto XT311
    Ver: UK Motorola 'Fire'
    Running: v2.3.4
    Kernel: Apps_2.6.32.9
    Build Number: 4_40C_4067

Here is how i did it to the letter... Even at times i questioned the sequence but it worked.. These instructions are formulated from various sources.. Before you begin unzip the main Zip file I have uploaded and then unzip all the contained zips to one folder. Call the folder Root and put it on your main drive ie(C:/). Ensure that the infamous FXX_PR3_NV.xml is in the root folder..

INSTRUCTIONS:-

Before Rooting:

Prepare your phone by doing the following:
    - Go to Settings > Applications > CHECK "Unknown Sources"
    - Go to Settings > Applications > Developer > CHECK "USB Debugging" and "Stay Awake"
    - Connect your phone via USB, when prompted DO NOT select USB Mass Storage.

2. install SUT1.75 & RSD LiTE by Motorola which include drivers.

3. Run SUT1.75, choose FXX_PR3_NV.xml. Make sure you select file open option XML from drop down in file open menu.

4. Run cmd > adb shell (if your ROOT folder is located in c:\, then change directly to c:\ROOT, type adb shell), wait untill "#" appear, then you can minimise the cmd window.

5. Open RootD3 folder, run RootD3_zhCN.cmd,

Phone will reboot 3 times. After the 1st reboot, please check if the 2nd reboot starts automatically, if not, unplug the USB cable and plug it again, Goto step 5 again and complete when the 3rd reboot is done.

Force a connection with USB drivers. The software will automaticaly do this. The program will now executed and run with NO ERRORS.

After it says it is completed, check if you have the Skull Android icon ( Get SUuperUser APP) Now look in the menu, if Confirmed, your phone has been rooted.

I can't upload any files or provide links as im new round here..

I HAVE ALL FILES/SOFTWARE NEEDED FOR THIS PROCEDURE !!!
    79.5 MB (83,442,583 bytes)..

UbersMotoXT311v2.3.4.zip
    filefactory.com/file/c4a5c17/n/UbersMotoXT311v2.3.4.zip

@arkfirext:
    - I have rooted my XT311 using this method
    - command "adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2" works, now I have (almost) all my apps on sdcard. This only works after root, and I recomend that you use a big sdcard (at least 4GB) so you don't have to remove it from the phone very often.

Here is how you set default install location to sd card:

First you have to enable USB debugging on your Android device from Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
    Now you need to download and install the Android SDK on your computer from developer.android.com/sdk. Once you’ve downloaded and extracted the package to the folder of your choice, run SDK Setup.exe and click on Available Packages to the left. If you get an error message at this point, enable “Force ht t ps:/ /…” in the Settings. From the list of available packages, select “Usb Driver package”, click on the Install Selected button in the bottom right corner and follow the prompts.
    Connect your phone to your computer with a USB-cable. Your OS will prompt you to install new drivers. Choose to install them from the android-sdk/usb_driver folder. Do not mount your device; you only need to plug-in the cable.
    Next, run a command prompt and navigate to the Android-SDK\tools folder. In Windows, this is done by selecting Run from the Start Menu (or by pressing Win+R) and typing cmd. You change drives in the command prompt by entering the drive letter followed by a colon :)), and change folders with the CD command. For example, to enter the Android-SDK folder, simply type cd android-sdk.
    In the Android-SDK\tools folder, type in adb devices and you should get a serial number starting with “H” in return. All you have to do next is entering adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2. Voilà, you’re done! Android will now install apps to the SD card by default.
    To switch back to storing software on the internal memory, enter adb shell pm setInstallLocation 0.