Rearth RingKe slim case

Search This thread

AdamUpNorth

Apr 29, 2010
Just got a matt black one for my GSM version. Probably the slickest, nicest cases I've had on a slate phone.

Buttons are totally accessible and all 4 corners covered. Looks and feels great too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

joshrys

Nov 27, 2007
He's referring to the LTE version with normal battery. It definitely will not fit the LTE version with extended battery if it doesn't fit the normal battery perfectly.

Crossing my fingers and hoping they'll make a newer version for the LTE GNex soon, but it's getting tough to wait it out. :(

I got my extended battery today and I can confirm that the rinke slim case DOES fit with the extended battery. It's not perfect, but it does fit. There is a slight gap when looking at it from the side where the volume button is. Other than that it snapped on and feels just fine like it did with the regular battery. I used the stock battery cover without modification also.

Full view:
http://flic.kr/p/bfbGcH
bfbGcH

Close up of slight gap:
http://flic.kr/p/bfbGhn
bfbGhn

Last edited:

soulicro

Sep 7, 2010
Tel Aviv
I got my extended battery today and I can confirm that the rinke slim case DOES fit with the extended battery. It's not perfect, but it does fit. There is a slight gap when looking at it from the side where the volume button is. Other than that it snapped on and feels just fine like it did with the regular battery. I used the stock battery cover without modification also.

Is this the LTE Nexus or GSM?

jauffRINDIR

Jul 21, 2011
It's great on my GSM. My only problem is that the headphone jack and mini usb covers are pretty difficult to get off. Still a great case!

ro_explorer

Dec 3, 2010
Stockholm
As promised, more detailed pictures with the GSM version / black matte.

Attachments

• IMG_8311.JPG
    IMG_8311.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_8312.JPG
    IMG_8312.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_8313.JPG
    IMG_8313.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_8314.JPG
    IMG_8314.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_8315.JPG
    IMG_8315.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_8318.jpg
    IMG_8318.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_8319.JPG
    IMG_8319.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_8321.jpg
    IMG_8321.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_8324.jpg
    IMG_8324.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: serrum and soulicro

swiftden

Nov 11, 2011
As promised, more detailed pictures with the GSM version / black matte.

Wow! It sure is slim! Now I'm hating my SGP Ultra Capsule for my GSM Galaxy Nexus. And damn, I ordered one from Gmarket again! Ordered the Slim Season 2 brown one. Thanks for the detailed pics! My SGP Ultra Capsule takes away the sexiness of the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ro_explorer

Dec 3, 2010
Stockholm
And here is a small add-on: the Ultimate clear screen protector (included in the slim case package). As you can see, the issue of dry screen protectors is present (I know I put this kind of snapshot also yesterday but now I've used a real photo camera :) ).

Attachments

• IMG_8330.jpg
    IMG_8330.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 296

davpel

Full view:
http://flic.kr/p/bfbGcH
bfbGcH

Close up of slight gap:
http://flic.kr/p/bfbGhn
bfbGhn

I'm also using the Ringke Slim with the extended battery. I am, however, going without any battery cover, which makes for a slightly better fit.

eRod v1.0

Jul 15, 2008
I emailed a few days ago and asked if they were making a GNex LTE specific case, and if they had a time frame on when. Here is the response I got today:

HI,

At the moment we will have to discuss with our manufacture about this issue. However, it will take about 1-2 months for the new review version to be release. This is not a guarantee . I’m sorry for the lack of information.

If we can provide additional assistance, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for shopping with Rearth.

Regards,

Chuong Pham
RearthUSA
Customer Service

Reactions: mrfuzzie23

Jaevlar

Aug 3, 2010
I like it!

Just recieved my case.

Ordered the Metallic one and it fits like a glove, i really like the covers for the usb/headphone jack. :)

Even applied the screen protector wich came with it and it works just fine. Good money spent, and fast shipping all the way to Sweden.

soulicro

Sep 7, 2010
Tel Aviv
Just recieved my case.

Ordered the Metallic one and it fits like a glove, i really like the covers for the usb/headphone jack. :)

Even applied the screen protector wich came with it and it works just fine. Good money spent, and fast shipping all the way to Sweden.

Can you snap some pictures perhaps? We've seen numerous pictures of the matte black, I wonder if we could get some of the metallic.

ChrisAG

Dec 26, 2010
Just got a matt black one for my GSM version. Probably the slickest, nicest cases I've had on a slate phone.

Buttons are totally accessible and all 4 corners covered. Looks and feels great too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Good to know. Did you order direct from the manufacturer or is there a Canadian source for these?

Jaevlar

Aug 3, 2010
Thanks!

The metallic case is legit, I kind of wish I would have ordered that one instead of matte black. If they were a little less expensive I would just order both of em. Awesome case man!

No problem!

I was wondering about getting the matte black at first but decided to go with the metallic. It blends in really nice with the phone imho.

The price may be a little steep, but hey, it's a sturdy case with a really good fit :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you snap some pictures perhaps? We've seen numerous pictures of the matte black, I wonder if we could get some of the metallic.

Sure!

Here you go :)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
    edit:
    THIS REVIEW IS ON LTE VERIZON I515

I wanted to take the time to post my own review of the Ringke Slim case. This thread is the reason that I went a head and purchased this case over many others that I was debating. To help others I registered and this is my first post. I hope this helps others in making a decision.

I have the Verizon version i515 with the standard battery. I do NOT have the extended battery to try the case with so I can not attest to it. I would be more than willing to bet that it would not be as satisfactory with the extended.

FEEL

How a case feels in hand is very important to me. I don't want it to be cheap, flex, or otherwise make my very expensive phone feel cheap. The feel of the case is fantastic. It is smooth but not as slippery as holding the naked phone on the sides. It adds enough weight and thickness to the phone to help it feel naturally durable while remaining slim and low profile. Holding the case from any angle, pulling it out of my pocket, setting it on my desk, or just holding my phone in adoration all feels right and my wife may be a bit jealous;)

LOOK

Looks are almost as important to me as the feel of the phone. This case looks like it's a natural extension of the phone while providing the right amount of protection for my needs. The side access to the volume and power buttons look beautiful, all the ports line up very well, and when using the phone it looks like a naked large white Nexus S. To me, it's the best looking case I have ever owned and ever seen first hand.

SATISFACTION

I'm very satisfied with this purchase. At 25.00 it's slightly expensive but the shipping was free, fast, and the service was great. Everything that this case offers is fantastic and I'm very pleased with the purchase. If you are debating this case among others, I highly suggest this case as a wise investment for your amazing Galaxy Nexus.

remove spaces for the photos!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49264481/DSC00201.JPG
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49264481/DSC00202.JPG
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49264481/DSC00204.JPG
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49264481/DSC00205.JPG
    Just thought I'd offer some feedback since Rearth actively watches these things.

The top of the case does not extend pass the top lip of the phone. It's about .2mm short on my vzw nexus. This could cause some woes in that the top lip of the phone could potentially be scratched before the top lip of the case. The case otherwise looks and feels amazing, very close to nothing being there. The bottom lip of the case perfectly extends about .1-.2mm above the bottom lip of the phone. I will hold onto and use it, hopefully there is a revision that addresses the sizing issue of the VZW vs GSM... I'm entirely sure the size difference between the two is the cause of this - this case is the slimmest I have found and would be otherwise perfect.

The only other thing that could make this case perfect would be a cutout for the 3 prong connector on the side. Docks and such are usually built with the spring-loaded connectors, I think there would be enough clearance even with the extra .5mm of thickness on the side to still allow for this connection to occur in a dock, but I have nothing available for testing.

I will update this post with photos so Rearth knows what I'm talking about.
    I just received my case yesterday. I think its quality made, love the closed ports. Comes standard with screen protector and squeegee+cleaning cloth. (+spare usb & jack port caps) Its got a great build quality and excellent fit on my gsm nexus.
    I hope my pictures do any justice to the case :p
    Click on image to see more
    Pictures of the Ringke.slim on my vzw nexus attached.

As you can see, it is just barely short of covering the top edge of the phone. Might not matter to most, just bugs me.