5,606,201 Members 32,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Key mapping fixes for SuperOSR / CM

Tip us?

adlx.xda
Old
(Last edited by adlx.xda; 6th May 2012 at 12:28 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 759

DONATE TO ME
Arrow Key mapping fixes for SuperOSR / CM

THis thread is for people having key mapping issues with SuperOSR or CM:

If you have unlocked your Chacha using HTCdev unlock, install https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result, run the app to get your CID, then see in the following list the correspondig word.

For example, for CID HTC__044 it would be "steng".

Go to that page: http://goo.im/devs/adlx/chacha/keypads/

Get and flash: chacha-keypad-steng-signed.zip

If you did S-Off, you probably lost your CID, anyway you can try those patches. Name are pretty obvious anyway (countries).

keypad: CID:

ell <= ??;
fra <= HTC__203, HTC__247, ORANG202, VODAP203, VODAP204;
ara <= HTC__J15;
esn <= HTC__304, VODAP304, VODAPD18, BSTAR301, ORANG309;
ger <= HTC__102, O2___102, ORANG216, VODAP102, VODAP110, VODAP120;
ita <= HTC__405, TIM__401;
rus <= HTC__A07;
hk <= ??;
nor <= HTC__Y13;
tur <= HTC__M27;
bopomo <= HTC__621;
cn <= HTCCN701;
aw <= CWS__001; (HTC Status)
tai <= HTC__053;
steng <= HTC__044, HTC__622;

none? <= HTC__001, HTC__016, HTC__032, VIRGI001, HTC__E11, HTC__038, H3G__001, O2___001, ORANG001, ORANGB10, T-MOB005, VODAP001, VODAPE17, VODAP006, HTC__N34;

If you have issues, missing keys or such, please install KeyEvent Display and tell me, on your phone, what is the scancode of the key, what it does, and what it should do.
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jova
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi,
i have qwertz layout, cid is gone cause i flashed with goldcard to manage the htcdev RUU.

I'll try to flash it via cwm and report if it works.

Is there anything else to attend?

Thanks for all the archivements so far. The roms are very nice. Will enjoy them, when kb works.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jova View Post
Hi,
i have qwertz layout, cid is gone cause i flashed with goldcard to manage the htcdev RUU.

I'll try to flash it via cwm and report if it works.

Is there anything else to attend?

Thanks for all the archivements so far. The roms are very nice. Will enjoy them, when kb works.

I'm fckn happy, first method for me to get the kb working, after playing all night with file permissions and layout changes.

umlaute are working, @ at the right place... nice, really nice.
only thing, that is a bit twisted is the dialer. when typing a number with hw-keyboard without fn-key pressed, the numbers are all mixed up,
e.g. the x key(8) gives me a 9
the r(3) leads to a 7.

when entering sim pin, the layout is all correct.

Any idea, which file to modify for that

And thanks again, great work so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to jova For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adlx.xda
Old
Thanks Meter 759

DONATE TO ME
Cool, I'm glad it helped. Yeah,I know what is wrong with the dialer... I fixed it in the default I've, but it seems I forgot to fix it on the I other :/. OK That goes in the to-do list :)
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT
The Following User Says Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jova
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda View Post
Cool, I'm glad it helped. Yeah,I know what is wrong with the dialer... I fixed it in the default I've, but it seems I forgot to fix it on the I other :/. OK That goes in the to-do list :)

Yep, it really helped. It was the only fixing, that was working for me.
Now my chacha is usable again;) used cm7 for a Day now and no bug appeared so far.
To get the dialer working in the german version would be the bonus for me.

greets
;)

adlx.xda
Old
(Last edited by adlx.xda; 22nd January 2012 at 05:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jova View Post
Yep, it really helped. It was the only fixing, that was working for me.
Now my chacha is usable again;) used cm7 for a Day now and no bug appeared so far.
To get the dialer working in the german version would be the bonus for me.

greets
;)
I have uploaded a new version of the chacha-keypad-ger-signed.zip in the folder. Hopefully it should be fixed now (report is there is anything that was working before that isn't now).

EDIT: ara, fra, ger, rus, tai, steng updated. Should now have the dialpad working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cooper1985
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the German phobne with qwertz layout. but i want to have qwerty one. like cha-cha -gen layout but only z and y cahnged. is it possible?

jova
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda View Post
I have uploaded a new version of the chacha-keypad-ger-signed.zip in the folder. Hopefully it should be fixed now (report is there is anything that was working before that isn't now).

EDIT: ara, fra, ger, rus, tai, steng updated. Should now have the dialpad working fine.
Yep, tried out, confirmed working, everything still working.

Really nice job, thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to jova For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mezolezo
Old
(Last edited by mezolezo; 23rd January 2012 at 08:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Thank you
I confirm that the english letters and numbers in the dailer are working super with the ARA new upadate but the arabic letters are a big mess . I am using parfieldMe arabic keyboard ver 4.0.382 and Go keyboard with arabic support but its mess with arabic letters layout
what i can do for u to help you fix this

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

dapaua
Old
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Thank you for this, adlx.

I cannot find the spanish one, is it "esn"?
Thank you very much for this, for SuperOSR for chacha and for everything you do for this phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to dapaua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adlx.xda
Old
Thanks Meter 759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezolezo View Post
Thank you
I confirm that the english letters and numbers in the dailer are working super with the ARA new upadate but the arabic letters are a big mess . I am using parfieldMe arabic keyboard ver 4.0.382 and Go keyboard with arabic support but its mess with arabic letters layout
what i can do for u to help you fix this

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
I have no idea how to fix that :-/... Do you mean the arabic letters are misplaced / you type a key and you get the wrong arabic caracter?

Maybe you could make a relation like that:

X --> A (char that should appear when typing key "X" now appears when typing key "A")

That could be useful, yet I can't promise I'll manage to fix it...