Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,167 Members 44,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacement screen?

Tip us?

BiznessMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Replacement screen?

My Nexus One took quite a nasty spill last year. At first I could see lines under the screen and didn't think much of it, but as the day when on the pixels started to bleed more and more until the whole thing went black.

After that I got a Galaxy S phone and am still using that as my primary. However, I've gotten the sudden urge to resurect my Nexus.

Anybody know where I can get a decently priced quality replacement screen? Any guides on replacing it? I think I can figure it out on my own but a guide never hurts

veehexx
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I used http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus...eardown/1654/1 successfully today. Replaced digitizer so it will be 99% the same. Not sure about screen though
The Following User Says Thank You to veehexx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bassmadrigal
Old
Thanks Meter 515
Replacing the screen isn't much different than replacing the digitizer. There are also multi-part video tutorials on youtube on how to do it.

Just make sure that you get the right type of screen. There were two types of screens for our phones. The SLCD and the AMOLED. Google can help you determine what type of screen you have in your phone. And ebay is a good place to find new screens.

Arknox
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have broken my screen on year ago. I have bought a new screen in japan. And change it by myself. One hour to disassemble my n1 and one more to reassemble it.

I can retrieve the shop if you want.