How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What if Google omitted Apple?

OP chrisnosleep

23rd January 2012, 02:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wichita, Kansas
Thanks Meter: 60

265 posts
More
I was just reading through some more of Apple's iGnorant patent claims and an idea popped up. What if Google omitted all searches and advertisements relating Apple and/or Steve Jobs. Its like the company and the iDiot (<< see what I did there?) would virtually disappear. I mean, come on, Jobs was quoted as saying he wanted to crush Google, right? And with all of these lawsuits, fair is fair right?

Apple was born from stolen intellectual property, and in his book, Jobs laughs about it. Yet Apple has the gall to sue everyone else for doing what they have been doing for years? Jobs was nothing but a spoiled, greedy, phoney, little bastard with a tendency for child like temper tantrums who was trying to make it through life "working" as little as possible. Call him a visionary because of not doing market research? HA! He was nothing but a madman! He had no real concerns about anyone but himself and making himself rich. (Page 546: the meeting with Obama, Zuckerberg nailed it saying "We should be talking about what's important to the country. Why is he just talking about what's good for him?") Yes, he tried to make it appear that he wasn't about money, but in the end, I think its pretty apparent what he wanted most. Can you imagine how expensive of a world we would live in right now if Apple had taken the lead from Microsoft in the early years?

I say its time to boycott Apple, on EVERY level!
23rd January 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 431

2,001 posts
More
Google would lose credibility, not a good idea in the long run for them. They can't get caught up in censoring things they don't like if they want to continue being the top search engine.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
23rd January 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 123

188 posts
More
I think Google, Adobe, and everybody else who Apple depends on for products but has been backstabbed by them should conspire to hurt them and expose them for the proprietary nutjobs that they are.

Who says they would lose "credibility"?? Have tech companies really tried to take stands on much of anything evre (except SOPA)? Besides, it is their priviledge...ain't capitalism grand?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
23rd January 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 968

1,152 posts
Donate to Me
More
OP do you support SOPA too? :P

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
23rd January 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 431

2,001 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieNibblesworth

I think Google, Adobe, and everybody else who Apple depends on for products but has been backstabbed by them should conspire to hurt them and expose them for the proprietary nutjobs that they are.

Who says they would lose "credibility"?? Have tech companies really tried to take stands on much of anything evre (except SOPA)? Besides, it is their priviledge...ain't capitalism grand?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Just saying... the average consumer likes apple. If google just starts censoring anything they don't like, people will migrate away from google, and google will lose money. That would be a dumb move on many fronts.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
23rd January 2012, 02:52 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 167

979 posts
Maybe not omit apple, but just put all the true negative aspects of apple at the top of the results. Yes the average person likes Apple, but only because the average person doesn't know what kind of cut throat unethical person Jobs, and the company was/is. The news goes on about the mass suicide threat at a foxcon factory that makes xbox's (that was the headline) then when you read the article, they don't know if xbox's were made there or ipads and iphones. But you don't see the icrap mentioned in the negative headlines!
23rd January 2012, 02:59 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 179

3,133 posts
More
Google makes a ton of money off of Apple because IOS uses Google Search. Its like a fine dance.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
23rd January 2012, 03:11 AM   |  #8  
Flag Paradise Valley
Thanks Meter: 18

102 posts
More
Google is going to rule the world..
23rd January 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 114

1,338 posts
No the Illuminati are. :3
23rd January 2012, 03:47 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wichita, Kansas
Thanks Meter: 60

265 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbedward

OP do you support SOPA too? :P

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Oh come on! This is a private battle between Google and Apple (and to a huge extent Samsung and Motorola). How did SOPA creep in here? But to answer your question directly, no, I definitely don't support SOPA from what I understand of it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread