XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ChaCha PC Suite.

Tip us?

Wrangler79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC ChaCha PC Suite.

I have bought HTC ChaCha and now I want a PC application with which I can connect my HTC ChaCha with my laptop. Earlier I was using Nokia E5 and it came with Nokia PC Suite. I must say that it was a great application. You can manage and control your cellphone from your laptop with that application, send SMS messages by typing them on your laptop, save SMS, calender, notes and contacts backup etc. However I am amazed to find that there is no such application that came with HTC ChaCha. I have searched the web and all I got was some Chinese application.

Alex C.
Old
Thanks Meter 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler79 View Post
I have bought HTC ChaCha and now I want a PC application with which I can connect my HTC ChaCha with my laptop. Earlier I was using Nokia E5 and it came with Nokia PC Suite. I must say that it was a great application. You can manage and control your cellphone from your laptop with that application, send SMS messages by typing them on your laptop, save SMS, calender, notes and contacts backup etc. However I am amazed to find that there is no such application that came with HTC ChaCha. I have searched the web and all I got was some Chinese application.
HTC Sync. You can get it from htc.com.

cobraje
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C. View Post
HTC Sync. You can get it from htc.com.
HTC sync is not even close to Nokia pc suite... First problem - connectivity...

Alex C.
Old
Thanks Meter 487
Well, tell that to HTC then

That's the PC suite for HTC phones, made by HTC.

iDAREK
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
There is no proper PC suite software for android phones (with exeptions), and you don't need such software.

Turn on google sync in your account and set everything with it. So everything that you need, you can do by your browswer (almost).

Contacts and email (gmail).
SMS through SMS Backup+ and (there is on forum software to send messages from PC using android phone)
Ringtones (uploading) - normal USB connection in card mode
Whole backup (there are softwares in Market for it)
Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 official OTA

qbert456
Old
Thanks Meter 23
There's a Motorola pc- suite type app that is not motorola specific. Connects to phone by ip on same wireless network.

Can't recall name right now but I used it on a few previous androids.

sent usin' tapatalk innit.

Wrangler79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
We can safely say that Nokia was more advanced in PC Suite department. Their PC Suite was superb. No issues with connectivity. I used to type SMS messages from my laptop and they were sent from my cellphone.

dr.ilijevski
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Try AirDroid app

qbert456
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Can I also add that as pretty long time nokia user (not now thankfully) I thought pc- suite was truly awful. Poor ui - but best of a bad bunch I guess.

Wrangler79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert456 View Post
Can I also add that as pretty long time nokia user (not now thankfully) I thought pc- suite was truly awful. Poor ui - but best of a bad bunch I guess.

I guess you are talking about early versions of Nokia PC Suite. The new one is very capable and user friendly.