Wired in-ear headphones with media controls

OP grytter

12th January 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogo1982

Did you install the Jays control app?

Yes. They sound good when I press the button in. Something wrong with galaxy s minijack?
13th January 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #52  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 512

1,487 posts
More
Best bet is to try them out on another Android phone. I have the original One and they play very nicely, no problems with neither the jack nor the port.
14th January 2012, 09:01 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 9

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckoloji

Hi guys.

I just had Samsung's AARM040EBECSTD headphones for 7 US$ and as you can see in picture it has mic + button + volume. So you can use for Play/Pause, Next track (double click with newest SGS fws) and volume. PowerAMP supports Previous track with triple click too.

The good side is I have tested and it works with any standard headphone with 3.5 mm plug. Mine is Koss Porta Pro and works perfectly. It is great when you go out during winter. One controller and most of the features are delivered.

Hi all! I just bought 2 of these these earphones on ebay, and they don't seem to be working properly on my (and another) i9001. The sound is really low, but when I press the answer button, sound seems to be ok. I really just wanted some earphones with volume control...maybe I bought some cheep chines knockoff, I mean i9001 is not so different from i9000 and I doubt that is a problem

Mine look like this http://i40.tinypic.com/142d3d1.jpg
Last edited by Charmed :); 14th January 2012 at 09:43 AM.
24th January 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #54  
Flag Osijek

1,487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobarn

Yes. They sound good when I press the button in. Something wrong with galaxy s minijack?

I just read on the Jays website. You might need an adapter.

Anyhow, my a-Jays one started dying (connector cable on the jack got pulled somehow) so I'm looking for something new. Recommendations, please!
Last edited by robogo1982; 24th January 2012 at 02:03 PM.
22nd February 2012, 01:04 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 52

197 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed :)

Hi all! I just bought 2 of these these earphones on ebay, and they don't seem to be working properly on my (and another) i9001. The sound is really low, but when I press the answer button, sound seems to be ok. I really just wanted some earphones with volume control...maybe I bought some cheep chines knockoff, I mean i9001 is not so different from i9000 and I doubt that is a problem

Mine look like this http://i40.tinypic.com/142d3d1.jpg

Samsung changed the pinout of their TRRS from Nokia to Apple layout. Consequently, the ground and mic pins got swapped. The answer button shorts the mic pin with the ground pin, which is why the earphone audio level is normal when you do so. I think if you swap the M+ and M- conductors around on the right hand side of the PCB in the photo, it'll work. To be safe, you probably ought to swap the red and black conductors of the condenser mic around on the left hand side of the PCB too.

I've not tried this, so do so at your own risk.
22nd February 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 79

99 posts
More
With Bluetooth is the sound quality bad

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App
23rd February 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 31

664 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nootubo

With Bluetooth is the sound quality bad

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

I have the Samsung HS3000, Bluetooth connector for ANY headphones (Cheap on Newegg) or the BCK-08 (REALLY cheap on Ebay). From using the HS3000 for the past week or so, I haven't heard any huge detoriation in the sound. It sounds 90% like the original source. You can always fool around with the DSP manager to synthesize the sound that was lost.

I highly recommend it, especially since it works with the PC.
25th February 2012, 01:03 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 9

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbutt

Samsung changed the pinout of their TRRS from Nokia to Apple layout. Consequently, the ground and mic pins got swapped. The answer button shorts the mic pin with the ground pin, which is why the earphone audio level is normal when you do so. I think if you swap the M+ and M- conductors around on the right hand side of the PCB in the photo, it'll work. To be safe, you probably ought to swap the red and black conductors of the condenser mic around on the left hand side of the PCB too.

I've not tried this, so do so at your own risk.

I managed to do that and now I have fully functional button -end call/skip next, mic and volume control
The Following User Says Thank You to Charmed :) For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2012, 08:46 AM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed :)

I managed to do that and now I have fully functional button -end call/skip next, mic and volume control

I got a a-jays one+ headset and found it was not compatible with Galaxy S . The sound was very low and only when I pressed the remote button (mic button) the audio was clear. Got to know frm the customer care that only handsets that have American Headset jack (AHJ) are compatible . I was suggested to go for a converter to use the headset. Anyways planning for handset upgrade(definitely will go for a handset with AHJ).

Hope it helps...

Thanks.
4th October 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #60  
Flag Osijek

1,487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbutt

Samsung changed the pinout of their TRRS from Nokia to Apple layout.

I smell a lawsuit by the end of this week.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread