Is my Titan a test device?

Search This thread

earthbellybutton

Sep 30, 2009
Hello everybody! I just bought a second hand HTC Titan yesterday evening :). As i said, it's a second hand device, with no box, only the accesories. Realy amazing phone. After checking the phone a little, toghether with the seller,he taked out his sim card and perform a hard reset, then i payed the money and went home. Here i spend more time checking the phone and i found a few weird things...:
1) The phone got like a printed serial number (i did not noticed that before to any of my previous devices) up in the left corner.
2) I have tryed to listen some music last night, but the music did not play thru the headphones but only to the speaker. I update the software to 8107 and everything was ok.
3) Although the phone is not Chevron unlocked, I noticed some aplications on my phone, wich I think they are too powerfull to be on every phone (some of them seems to be able to "touch" the drivers). Some of them only have a generic icon, a white "sun" inside of the black/green tile. I do not know exactly what are they for, i try to google it but no results. I guess that they are cooked in the rom, since they are still there after hard reset and i can't uninstall all of them. These aplications are the following:
- GCFSettings
- QC BSP Service
- TestSuite
- zBig Boss Settings
- zCompass
- zGesture Bester
- zSensorView
- zStart KITL.
I'll attach some pictures, maybe someone will bring some light to me: is this a test device? And if it is, does it mean that the device is inferior, by any meaning, to any other one?
Thank you very much, i'm looking forward for an answer.

Attachments

• IMAG0451.jpg
    IMAG0451.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMAG0452.jpg
    IMAG0452.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMAG0453.jpg
    IMAG0453.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0444.jpg
    IMAG0444.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG0455.jpg
    IMAG0455.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0458.jpg
    IMAG0458.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMAG0460.jpg
    IMAG0460.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0462.jpg
    IMAG0462.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0463.jpg
    IMAG0463.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMAG0459.jpg
    IMAG0459.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMAG0461.jpg
    IMAG0461.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG0464.jpg
    IMAG0464.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMAG0465.jpg
    IMAG0465.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
If you look in settings and about you should see if it's a developer phone as it's normally under the phone info/more, Have heard of dev phones being sold and the users didn't have full use and lost their information after a set time etc.

Reactions: earthbellybutton

earthbellybutton

Sep 30, 2009
If you look in settings and about you should see if it's a developer phone as it's normally under the phone info/more, Have heard of dev phones being sold and the users didn't have full use and lost their information after a set time etc.

There's nothing suggesting that is a developer phone in "About":confused:... Anyway, i hope i'm not gonna lose any personal data/information. Thanks!

Strike_Eagle

Oct 5, 2010
Pull-The-Man, WA
You have one of the build sample of HTC. Because the serial is still on the case.
And you have HTC Test Tool on, means that this phone is from OEM as testing device, yes. only OEM and Test Build Mango Device has Integrop Unlock to install those thing.

Probably whoever you bought this phone off, is a developer, and this is the testing build of the Titan.

By the way, i forgot to mention, you are one of the luckiest person in this forum to have a OEM - Unlocked Mango Device.
So that mean you can access registry, install Advanced Config and do all other hacking stuffs that we are dreaming about, because final build is Integrop-Locked.
So, my first suggestion right now, is creating a back up for this phone right away, so if you ever have to hard reset the phone, you still have a back up to restore, so you won't loose the OEM-Unlock.

earthbellybutton

Sep 30, 2009
You need to exstact them and have them placed into a cab so we all can enjoy them.
I'm afraid i don't know how to do that.
By the way, i forgot to mention, you are one of the luckiest person in this forum to have a OEM - Unlocked Mango Device.
...............................................................................................................
So, my first suggestion right now, is creating a back up for this phone right away, so if you ever have to hard reset the phone, you still have a back up to restore, so you won't loose the OEM-Unlock.

I think i could have been one of the luckiest person in this forum, but the phone has been hard reseted allready when i bought it:). After that, at home, first thing i've done was trying to instal some apps/xaps using Tom xap's installer v 1.2 but no luck... Then i updated the rom to 8107. However, these powerfull programs are still here, even after a hard reset and updating.
After all, i think i'm a little lucky for still having them:). Thank's for your help & advice.

J101

Jun 9, 2011
My test device was the same way. I was able to get a new flashable image from my friend who gave me the phone that removed all of the Alps and brought it up to 7.10.7720.68 - it doesn't want to update past that though.

Is your volume too loud on level 1 as well?

Phil_123

Sep 7, 2007
Hong Kong
Can you take a pic of the About screen with the More Information section open please? :)

ROM Chefs or even DFT might be interested in such Titan.

earthbellybutton

Sep 30, 2009
My test device was the same way. I was able to get a new flashable image from my friend who gave me the phone that removed all of the Alps and brought it up to 7.10.7720.68 - it doesn't want to update past that though.

Is your volume too loud on level 1 as well?

I succesfully update to 8107 but sometimes i also think the sound is a bit too loud on level 1.
Why did you want to flash a new image and remove this apps?

earthbellybutton

Sep 30, 2009
Can you take a pic of the About screen with the More Information section open please? :)

ROM Chefs or even DFT might be interested in such Titan.

Of course, no problem. I've also discovered that my Titan is having something similar to magldr (wich i have on my HD2). It can be accessed in a easy way, power on + vol down. And just like my HD2 with magldr installed, the Titan doesn't charge when is power off! For now I will post a picture from About screen and a little later i'll post some pictures from the "Magldr" menu on Titan and the bootloader(?) screen if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMAG1522.jpg
    IMAG1522.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 208

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
On your about screen under OS ver it says mojobld, This is the clue that it is a dev device, A normal Titan just states 7.10.8107.79 or similar, Also your frimware ver is different, I have 1600.2200.20104.401, Great to see you have the dev utilites cooked into the phones flash, Definitely a keeper! enjoy.:)

dAV84

Jan 1, 2008
Pouillé
hello

Your radio software and your soch charger are very different.

The name of :wp7_ship???????

the mojobld is a dev rom. (under 8107????, a hd7 or mozart rom with a 7716 from other with titan radio?)

so; please contact ANSAR and DFT and send a copy of your restore point zune.

perhaps them can cook a special rom from your device..

Last edited:

earthbellybutton

Sep 30, 2009
On your about screen under OS ver it says mojobld, This is the clue that it is a dev device, A normal Titan just states 7.10.8107.79 or similar, Also your frimware ver is different, I have 1600.2200.20104.401, Great to see you have the dev utilites cooked into the phones flash, Definitely a keeper! enjoy.:)

Wow you have a titan with a registry editor built in,, Lucky Lucky you.

Unfortunately i can't do anything with the registry editor. Some registry are not found and the ones i find are not keeping the new values i set, don't know why.
However, as i said earlyer, i'll post some more pictures (more in the zip file) with the bootloader, they might be intresting for some.

Attachments

• IMAG1502.jpg
    IMAG1502.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 854
  • IMAG1503.jpg
    IMAG1503.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMAG1505.jpg
    IMAG1505.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG1520.jpg
    IMAG1520.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 193

J101

Jun 9, 2011
Yep. Same as mine. I wanted to use it as a normal user would - figures having a dev build might skew my perception of WP7. Honestly if I could fix the volume issue it would be worth keeping.

dAV84

Jan 1, 2008
Pouillé
hello

i have news for you

i take a look in xda so, i keep this : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456504

and the first page is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254384

So, you have the only titan with a custom rom

is a Mozart cook with radio firmaware mozart......

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

so, now, we can begin up the kitchen

can you say us if you have any problem with phone? restarts, no sound, blcked, batterie time and another?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

can you extract rom from your phone???

i'm very very interessed in your radio software version : i think is a pre-mango radio to Titan and no protection in it,

so......

earthbellybutton

Sep 30, 2009
hello

i have news for you

i take a look in xda so, i keep this : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456504

and the first page is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254384

So, you have the only titan with a custom rom

is a Mozart cook with radio firmaware mozart......

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

so, now, we can begin up the kitchen

can you say us if you have any problem with phone? restarts, no sound, blcked, batterie time and another?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

can you extract rom from your phone???

i'm very very interessed in your radio software version : i think is a pre-mango radio to Titan and no protection in it,

so......

Thanks for the info dAV84, i didn't know these things. I'll try to find some time for reading a little more about roms. Keeping in mind that i've updated the rom to 8107 via Zune, I am now a bit confuzed about how is posible to run a Mozart rom & radio on my Titan?:confused:
About the way the phone is working i can tell you that i don't have big problems: never had a restart, sound is ok (although it is a bit too loud on level 1 and sometimes not the best quality when calling), never blocked, no SOD... WiFi could be better, yes, but i've seen others having the same problem so i guess is kind of normal...:)
About extracting the rom i wish i could do it but I don't have the tools and don't know how to, although i would like that. Sorry if i'm not much of help:eek: but let me know if i can do more than this.

iamwin

Sep 21, 2006
guys i have a question? what are the drawbacks of having a developer device/test device considering that HSPL is made possible for Titans and Radars?

fredy007

Oct 24, 2012
hello,
I also soein titanium. gives you more pictures and can you tell me how the big boss and the ... can turn kit.
nice fredy :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have one of the build sample of HTC. Because the serial is still on the case.
    And you have HTC Test Tool on, means that this phone is from OEM as testing device, yes. only OEM and Test Build Mango Device has Integrop Unlock to install those thing.

Probably whoever you bought this phone off, is a developer, and this is the testing build of the Titan.

So that mean you can access registry, install Advanced Config and do all other hacking stuffs that we are dreaming about, because final build is Integrop-Locked.