5,597,542 Members 31,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there any screen protector fixed in fresh piece Xperia RAY..??

Tip us?

pkjiji
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is there any screen protector fixed in fresh piece Xperia RAY..??

Is there any screen protector attached with the XPERIA RAY screen when it is shipped. I got one screen protector in the box along with other accessories (charger, USB cable, headset, manuals etc.) and the salesperson fixed it rightaway with my RAY. When I checked, I could see there are two coatings on top of the screen. Th protective covering, which comes with almost all mobile screens, was peeled off before applying the new screen protector. Still I could see two layers, which means there is a default screenguard, right?? I don't feel any problem with touch response or so, but feel, it will be better if I use only one screen guard...

JohnnyCarlos
Old
Thanks Meter 8
My xperia mini didn't have any screen protector in place when I bought the phone. But in the box there was one.

It had one plastic in each side with a stick to pull. One said front and the other said back (or something like it). I pulled the back one and placed the screen protector on the screen. Using the small piece of plastic I removed all the bubbles and then I pulled the front stick.

It is something like this:

MarkMRL
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Yes, the Ray has a screen protector already on the screen when you get it new. It's very well applied and it's basically impossible to tell it's there, but you can remove it if you want. And yes, you get a spare one in the box.

micks_address
Old
Thanks Meter 25
bummer, so adding the spare one is a waste of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMRL View Post
Yes, the Ray has a screen protector already on the screen when you get it new. It's very well applied and it's basically impossible to tell it's there, but you can remove it if you want. And yes, you get a spare one in the box.
Tags
screen guard, touch reponse, xperia ray, xperia ray accessories