FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Otterbox!!!

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 65
 
By urphonesux, Senior Member on 10th September 2011, 09:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th January 2012, 08:46 PM |#41  
ashclepdia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,538
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyExit

In that its a QWERTY, yes. But it doesn't have the same functions. Better, imo.

I was more worried about 8pen. I don't know how "movable" the screen protector is. 8pen creates a lot of friction.

Soooo
Have u received it yet?
How are ya liking it?
 
 
9th March 2012, 06:58 PM |#42  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,633
 
More
I gave in and ordered one of these yesterday. I cant wait to try it out.
11th March 2012, 01:09 AM |#43  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Just snagged a Droid X Hybrid Communter Case on Amazon for ~$11 the other night. Cant wait til I get it - no more cheap plastic cases for me!!
20th March 2012, 03:44 AM |#44  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,633
 
More
Just got mine today. I love it. The only thing that kind of bugs me is the flap over the headset port. It doesn't seem flush with the case and kind of sticks up a little. Is it like that for everyone or just me?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
20th March 2012, 03:51 AM |#45  
ashclepdia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,538
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

Just got mine today. I love it. The only thing that kind of bugs me is the flap over the headset port. It doesn't seem flush with the case and kind of sticks up a little. Is it like that for everyone or just me?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

yea that how it should be
if it was flush it would be serious pain in ass to open.
I just press as far as it can go
even then it's still pretty tight to pull out, which is good, cuz then you know stuff ain't getting down in the port,
20th March 2012, 04:13 AM |#46  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,633
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia

yea that how it should be
if it was flush it would be serious pain in ass to open.
I just press as far as it can go
even then it's still pretty tight to pull out, which is good, cuz then you know stuff ain't getting down in the port,

Well it kind of doesn't make sense because the flap over the charging port and HDMI port is nice and flush. But I was just curious. I still love the case.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
21st March 2012, 02:47 AM |#47  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

Just got mine today. I love it. The only thing that kind of bugs me is the flap over the headset port. It doesn't seem flush with the case and kind of sticks up a little. Is it like that for everyone or just me?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Cut them off. I did minutes after getting mine. I cannot deal with opening and closing all those flaps, multiple times per day.

The rubber part of my case isn't fitted to the phone, the top left side bows out a bit. Kind of annoying as the reason why I bought this was to have a snug fitting phone. Is this beacuse of the hard case not being placed correctly over the rubber?
I guess I cant't complain when I got it for $11 + shipping
21st March 2012, 03:07 AM |#48  
ashclepdia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,538
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

Cut them off. I did minutes after getting mine. I cannot deal with opening and closing all those flaps, multiple times per day.

The rubber part of my case isn't fitted to the phone, the top left side bows out a bit. Kind of annoying as the reason why I bought this was to have a snug fitting phone. Is this beacuse of the hard case not being placed correctly over the rubber?
I guess I cant't complain when I got it for $11 + shipping

"all,those flaps"? two?
"hard case over the rubber"???
my hard case is under the rubber case

do u have the commuter or defender?
defender is where it's at

and.I like the flaps, with them, I KNOW nothing is getting in my Ports, pocket lint, loose tobacco from my cigs, any food that falls in my pockets from work(bread crumbs and crap is ALWAYS in my pockets lol)
21st March 2012, 03:58 AM |#49  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia

"all,those flaps"? two?
"hard case over the rubber"???
my hard case is under the rubber case

do u have the commuter or defender?
defender is where it's at

and.I like the flaps, with them, I KNOW nothing is getting in my Ports, pocket lint, loose tobacco from my cigs, any food that falls in my pockets from work(bread crumbs and crap is ALWAYS in my pockets lol)

My point was that I hate the flaps and don't want to deal with them. I have the commuter, how does it differ from the commuter?

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
14th April 2012, 05:18 AM |#50  
Senior Member
Flag Hampton Roads, VA
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Sensitive screen
I bought an Otterbox online and had it for a few months before I lost it and my phone when I got mugged.

My replacement has been naked for a bit and I really liked the security of the Otterbox, but does anyone have a sensitive screen? When I'm using my naked X2, I can hold my finger down on a webpage for as long as I want and then scroll up or down with no problems.

When I held my finger down on my Otterbox screen, the screen would shake rapidly / scroll up and down a few millimeters no matter how hard or soft I held my finger on the screen.

Anyone else have that issue?

This was my main complaint with the case, but I don't want to spend all that money again if that is going to be the "case". Hmmm...with Otter's great warranty support, maybe I'll send a pic of my Asurion insurance receipt and see if they'll be kind to a poor, mugged college student. probably not.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes