5,600,919 Members 42,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC0 for Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700 - Now with WiMAX!

Tip us?

the_dark_knighton
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Is there a setting that I can set to where I take a screen shot, and it shows as a notification on the status bar that will take you to the screen shot in gallery? I saw it on the Galaxy nexus and was a little envious

Sent from my Cyanogenmodded Epic4g! Wanna fight about it?

HTC Dream G1- Deceased

Samsung Epic 4G- Gone to a better place!

Galaxy S III- Traded!

Asus Nexus 7- Active.

Nexus 5 - Active!

Insert Future Devices Here

Speedin07si
Old
(Last edited by Speedin07si; 26th January 2012 at 10:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanknighton View Post
Is there a setting that I can set to where I take a screen shot, and it shows as a notification on the status bar that will take you to the screen shot in gallery? I saw it on the Galaxy nexus and was a little envious

Nope.... But it's realy simple to put a Gallery shortcut on a screen and just tap that.

Or you can just set a wipe gesture to go to gallery. But not to the screenshots part...

Sent from my 4G Cyanogen Epic.
Experimentation remains the best catalyst for progression.

the_dark_knighton
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si View Post
Nope.... But it's realy simple to put a Gallery shortcut on a screen and just tap that.

Or you can just set a wipe gesture to go to gallery. But not to the screenshots part...

Sent from my 4G Cyanogen Epic.
Bummer! Thanks for the reply

HTC Dream G1- Deceased

Samsung Epic 4G- Gone to a better place!

Galaxy S III- Traded!

Asus Nexus 7- Active.

Nexus 5 - Active!

Insert Future Devices Here

RyleyinSTL
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Thought I'd see if I'm experiencing this issue...yep!

Check sensor usage in SpareParts - all Android System. Open gallery, monkey about for a minute, close gallery. Turn off screen and check back in 30 minutes. Result - over 30 mins of sensor usage by Gallery. Clearly it has issues.

Going to take a look at QuickPic.

Is this issue (which I admit to knowing nothing about) something solvable by CM7 developers - AKA worth reporting officially?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0g0 View Post
Yep. Froze Gallery in Titanium, installed QuickPic, no more Sensor battery drain.

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Phone now seems to be asleep almost entire time screen is off.

For anyone else:
QuickPic on Android Market (Free Gallery Replacement)

presumedsublime
Old
Thanks Meter 19
So anxious for cm9 to get released, sorry had to release. I read earlier about permissions management; I checked it but don't know how to control it. Is there anything else I need to do to adjust the settings or is it preset?

AproSamurai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by presumedsublime View Post
So anxious for cm9 to get released, sorry had to release. I read earlier about permissions management; I checked it but don't know how to control it. Is there anything else I need to do to adjust the settings or is it preset?
Once you enable the setting you then go into Applications/any tab you want. And go tap an app and go to see all for the permissions. You can disable an App from connecting to the internet, or anything else, it may break app functionality or it may not. It's something you've got to test out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before flashing CM7, CM9, CM10, AOKP, PA, or MIUIv3 and onward be sure to look at this thread.
[IMPORTANT]What is MTD
[My GitHub] [My Twitter]
The Following User Says Thank You to AproSamurai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bender beerman
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanknighton View Post

Under: settings> cyanogenmod settings> interface you can select "share screen shots" to get a sharing menu...

BEER!
~BEER~

nativesmiley
Old
Thanks Meter 24
i was looking at the site where you download N27 and saw that there is a N29 for a P920 and want to know if i can flash that on a epic as well.

AproSamurai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativesmiley View Post
i was looking at the site where you download N27 and saw that there is a N29 for a P920 and want to know if i can flash that on a epic as well.
P920 is another phone altogether..it'd best if you stick with our latest nightly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before flashing CM7, CM9, CM10, AOKP, PA, or MIUIv3 and onward be sure to look at this thread.
[IMPORTANT]What is MTD
[My GitHub] [My Twitter]

nativesmiley
Old
Thanks Meter 24
so i should stay with the "epicMTD" device? i was just curious thats all