[Gingerbread][ROM] Stock Rooted OTA ROM w/ Firmware [Gingerbread]

Search This thread

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
THE BEST WAY TO GET THE NEW FIRMWARE IS TO RELOCK, RUN THE NEW RUU, UNLOCK, THEN REFLASH RECOVERY AND RE-ROOT WITH THE TUTORIAL IN MY SIGNATURE.

THIS IS GINGERBREAD NOT ICS

Thanks to hgoldner for taking the time to install the OTA update and get me a rooted system image to work with!

Anyway...
This is the late January/early Feburary GingerBread OTA update integrated into the rezound shipped stock rom. No new features other than what the OTA adds other than root and custom recovery based installation support. That isn't the point of this rom.

What will this get you:
1. New stock rom with OTA update built in
2. New firmware like hboot, radio, etc. Won't impact the ability to unlock/relock
3. Any rom fixes htc made.

If this doesn't work for some reason, it is probably my fault but it should work. Any damage caused to your device is your problem, not mine, hgoldner, htc, anyone except you. This does push the new firmware to your device via a PH98IMG.zip. If this could brick, but is very unlikely. The PH image is UNTOUCHED from the HTC release.

Thanks to ardreissig for the reupload!
Download

Info on installing. You unfortunately have to relock for the firmware flash to occur if you are S-ON.

So if you want firmware (these are abbreviated, general outline steps for more advanced users):
1: Install in recovery
2: Relock if you are S-ON. Remember this will wipe your internal sd card. But since you just installed the rom from a clean flash you won't lose app data and such.
3. Install PH98IMG.zip deposited by my rom on the card
4. Unlock if you are S-ON

OP updated 6/22 to future proof instructions.

Last edited:

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
This work for anyone? I got some sort of error when it tried to flash the PH portion in Bootloader.

EDIT: Are we supposed to fastboot OEM lock before this?

EDIT2: I guess so. Seems to be working now.

Last edited:

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
this is a ROM , no need to lock bootloader.
the PH isnt working cos u must have a newer mainver.
either change the androidinfo.txt

or fix ur mainver with this awesome find!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1467099

It was NOT because of the mainver as I did not receive a "mainver older" error and it was already updated to the one I have within the PH zip (I checked). I did in fact have to relock for the update to take.

Scott

Thanks to hgoldner for taking the time to install the OTA update and get me a rooted system image to work with!

Anyway...
This is the new OTA update integrated into the rezound shipped stock rom. No new features other than what the OTA adds. That is scrosler or someone else's job :)

What will this get you:
2. New firmware like hboot, radio, etc. Won't impact the ability to unlock/relock

If this doesn't work for some reason, it is probably my fault but it should work. Any damage caused to your device is your problem, not mine, hgoldner, htc, anyone except you. This does push the new firmware to your device via a PH98IMG.zip. If this could brick, but is very unlikely. The PH image is UNTOUCHED from the HTC release so your mainver will be updated to the latest official version. (Required to get new radio). If you don't want this to happen, decline the bootloader update. This mainver shouldn't be as bad as the ICS one as it is likely they will release an RUU for this mainver soon.

Download

Over capacity on drop box. Re-up to dev-host.org.

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
I respectfully disagree.

for a ROM..
you do NOT! have to lock bootloader!!!!!!

lol...

From the OP:

What will this get you:

Not just a ROM.

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
lol...

From the OP:

What will this get you:

Not just a ROM.

yea but like I said for a ROM..
you do not need to lock...
no reason to confuse people..
you CAN run this ROM WITHOUT the PH98IMG.zip file that has radio, ect..

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
yea but like I said for a ROM..
you do not need to lock...
no reason to confuse people..
you CAN run this ROM WITHOUT the PH98IMG.zip file that has radio, ect..

You're a cool guy, and I don't wanna argue with you as it's just a miscommunication.

Yes, you are correct that you can run this ROM without flashing the PH98IMG.zip file (as stated in the OP.. you just skip the Bootloader portion of it).

..but as to your comment about "confusing" people.. this is what I said:

"This work for anyone? I got some sort of error when it tried to flash the PH portion in Bootloader.

EDIT2: I guess so. Seems to be working now."

As we can see here, I was clearly referring to the PH flashing portion in the Bootloader. If anything, this should help anyone that didn't think to do so as it was not stated in the OP (not dissing the OP in any way, shape, or form as he contributes A LOT to the community and is probably my stupidity in not realizing anyway).

Also, the ROM does automatically reboot to Bootloader.. so I believe it's a good piece of information.

Take that for what its worth :p

Reactions: reggie cheeks

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
You're a cool guy, and I don't wanna argue with you as it's just a miscommunication.

Yes, you are correct that you can run this ROM without flashing the PH98IMG.zip file (as stated in the OP.. you just skip the Bootloader portion of it).

..but as to your comment about "confusing" people.. this is what I said:

"This work for anyone? I got some sort of error when it tried to flash the PH portion in Bootloader.

EDIT2: I guess so. Seems to be working now."

As we can see here, I was clearly referring to the PH flashing portion in the Bootloader. If anything, this should help anyone that didn't think to do so as it was not stated in the OP (not dissing the OP in any way, shape, or form as he contributes A LOT to the community and is probably my stupidity in not realizing anyway).

Also, the ROM does automatically reboot to Bootloader.. so I believe it's a good piece of information.

Take that for what its worth :p

my mistake man. Thank you.

Reactions: zeroxg4

dxdude35

Dec 6, 2010
So after flashing this we can still flash the roms that are released, but we will have the updated radio? Am I mistaking?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

con247

Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
If anyone that got it could reup it that would be great. I only used drop box becase that is the only site that I could think of that would take a file that big. About 20 people should have been able to get it. I forgot about dev host and my go to site megaupload is gone :( I am gone all day so I will personally not be able to begin reuploading until 6 or 7 eastern tonight. Sorry everyone. Hopefully someone who got it is willing to reupload in the mean time.

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
Question: Is it possible to flash just the firmware/radio update without using the entire rom? and will the existing roms work correctly with the new firmware/radio?

Scott

If anyone that got it could reup it that would be great. I only used drop box becase that is the only site that I could think of that would take a file that big. About 20 people should have been able to get it. I forgot about dev host and my go to site megaupload is gone :( I am gone all day so I will personally not be able to begin reuploading until 6 or 7 eastern tonight. Sorry everyone. Hopefully someone who got it is willing to reupload in the mean time.

I got a version uploading without firmware. Its not your version but will do the same thing if people cant wait. I grabbed the OTA update, revert to RUU, applied, etc...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE BEST WAY TO GET THE NEW FIRMWARE IS TO RELOCK, RUN THE NEW RUU, UNLOCK, THEN REFLASH RECOVERY AND RE-ROOT WITH THE TUTORIAL IN MY SIGNATURE.

THIS IS GINGERBREAD NOT ICS

Anyway...
    This is the late January/early Feburary GingerBread OTA update integrated into the rezound shipped stock rom. No new features other than what the OTA adds other than root and custom recovery based installation support. That isn't the point of this rom.

What will this get you:

If this doesn't work for some reason, it is probably my fault but it should work. Any damage caused to your device is your problem, not mine, hgoldner, htc, anyone except you. This does push the new firmware to your device via a PH98IMG.zip. If this could brick, but is very unlikely. The PH image is UNTOUCHED from the HTC release.

Thanks to ardreissig for the reupload!
    Download

Info on installing. You unfortunately have to relock for the firmware flash to occur if you are S-ON.

So if you want firmware (these are abbreviated, general outline steps for more advanced users):
    1: Install in recovery
    2: Relock if you are S-ON. Remember this will wipe your internal sd card. But since you just installed the rom from a clean flash you won't lose app data and such.
    3. Install PH98IMG.zip deposited by my rom on the card
    4. Unlock if you are S-ON

OP updated 6/22 to future proof instructions.
    Lol, love your sig.........

That always annoys me too, I make it a point to NEVER thank anybody with that in their sig. ;)

I guess we will just stop helping you guys if you feel that way.
    O

It probably wasn't necessary but I restored my stock GB backup and flashed the stock kernel (Coming from Ineffibilis Duece ICS) and relocked. I still had AmonRa recovery but it doesn't matter.

Once you relock you can flash the Firmware.zip (Just rename it to PH98IMG.zip) in bootloader which will give you the radios, stock recovery, etc. Rebooted the phone to make sure the updates went through (and they did). I removed Superuser (thinking it may be an issue when I unlocked) and then unlocked and ran NilsP One Click root. Once rooted I flashed AmonRa recovery and restored my backup of my ICS Rom, powered off and flashed the kernel through fastboot.

I got everything updated and phone calls sound fantastic now. DO IT! :D

Edit: Oh an btw...there is a How To floating around here on how to revise your MainVer so you can flash your GB Rom again...or you can just replace the android_info.txt with your GB kernel with the one from DSB's kernel.
    YESSIR! :D

No problem with mainver here that's why I wanted to make sure this update of it didn't screw me up.

other than root I am stock minus some bloat...

My question... Do I have to relock my phone before I download this rom? If I have to lock it, how do I unlock it again, via the same lengthy process for the original unlock?

Their is a lot of info but some of us dont understand how to use "command" I understand how to flash things on my phone, but when it comes to making the computer talk to my phone, I am lost, I dont know what adb is. If someone could pm me, or reply to this, I would be more than appreciative, I would imagine I am not the only one on here with these questions.

THanks
    I've attached MrSmith317's "care package" for a mini sdk so you can easily get set up to use adb when needed. Just unzip it and put the folder on the root of your C drive. Then rename it to something easy, I named mine "android-flasher". Then whenever you need to use it just open a command window. If you haven't opened it recently you can just type "cmd" in the windows search box you get if you click on the windows icon on the bottom left of the computer. When you get it open type:

cd c:\android-flasher (or whatever you named your folder)

and you will get to where you can just enter the commands you need to, such as

fastboot oem lock

to lock the phone.

Also, copy the unlock code bin you got from HTC into this folder so you can unlock again if you did lock the phone to update.

I feel more comfortable doing this than renaming everything to PHzip with the same name. That makes me nervous to possibly having a bunch of those lying around and not knowing what's in them any more. When I flash my ROM and kernel I also put them on the phone to flash but I do not rename them. I just point Amon Ra to them and flash them through that. So much safer in my opinion. Oh, and also I can leave my ROM zip and kernel zip on my phone so if I get into any trouble I have them with me. If what you are flashing is PHzip then it needs to be removed from phone so it can reboot.

Feel free to pm me, I am also willing to meet you in chat if you need help. I had someone in chat with me when I first did perm root and I felt a lot better about it. I'm still new as well but I can help you get adb set up. And I did have my phone get stuck on the HTC screen when my phone stopped reading my sd card in the middle of a flash and didn't even panic and got it back up and running within 10 minutes on my own. ;)

Can someone just upload the PH..zip for those who only want the radios?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

here someone posted this, it's a ph file that will update your hboot, radio, kernel, ect to the OTA.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21875151&postcount=1
    its this link in that thread
    http://db.tt/0UfbfrIs