11501 firmware update for unlocked devices

Search This thread

tewmgd

Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, QC
Hello,

I have an unlocked Lumia 800 bought in the UK (using here in Canada). I was wondering if the update is showing up for others owners like me ? I didn't get any notification yet.

Info :

FW: 1600.2479.7740.11451
HW : 112.1402.2.4
Carrier : CV UK SW variant ID222 v02 (don't know what it means)

Matthieu

Briefcase

Nov 10, 2009
Hello,

I have an unlocked Lumia 800 bought in the UK (using here in Canada). I was wondering if the update is showing up for others owners like me ? I didn't get any notification yet.

Info :

Matthieu

Update rollout via Zune is staged meaning not every phone gets the update on the same time. The rollout period is two weeks and started on Jan 19th. You will receive it in the end. There is a 'hack' to get it sooner, put it requires some patients as timing is critical, search for 'disconnect trick'. Good luck.

Reactions: tewmgd

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
You have the same phone as me (UK unlocked & unbranded). The line you don't understand basically means it's a UK variant.

For the mid December update, I waited to get it, took over a week. This time I did the disconnect method and got it on release day.

17-apg

You have the same phone as me (UK unlocked & unbranded). The line you don't understand basically means it's a UK variant.

For the mid December update, I waited to get it, took over a week. This time I did the disconnect method and got it on release day.

Hi Rusty, I havn't got the update yeat and I have a UK unlocked Lumia 800. BUT I am wondering on another note. I joined GG last wek and it seems good. I inputted the APN info so I can get on the net but I cant send MMS. I am going to write up a new thread for this now. Can you use MMS and if so how so?
Thanks.

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
I've not tried, but I'm assuming I cant, as most people on pretty much every carrier cant :D

Sadly Giffgaff is not included in the Network Setup app either, so we're boned.

I

iphonepimp

Exactly in the same situation as OP. I tricked it in zune but i only recieved the OS update and i havent been able to get the firmware update.

Black lumia 800 rm-801

tjramage

Dec 19, 2011
Very strange. I have a stock Lumia straight from Nokia (no branding, unlocked) and I got both the OS and firmware update in one go the day after release. I had to do the disconnect trick though...

anseio

Oct 11, 2011
Seattle
I've tried 3 times. I got the OS update automatically on day one. I restored to 7740 and tried again. Still OS only. Tried a few days later and got the same thing.

Waiting up to 8 more days for firmware. :(

mickfarr

Dec 6, 2007
Dublin
Still waiting for the firmware update. I got the OS update a few days ago and my mate got the firmware and OS the same day. Only difference is his is the black lumia 800 and mine is the Cyan lumia 800

mickfarr

Dec 6, 2007
Dublin
The bass on mine and his seems fine. We both have the monster purity earphones. :)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Click update, after a couple of seconds, pull your ethernet cable/disable your net connection and if you timed it right, you'll get the update.

Reactions: tewmgd

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
Still no FW update, but I have updated my OS with the disconnect-trick in Zune. Will I still get the FW or not trough Zune?

mickfarr

Dec 6, 2007
Dublin
Still no FW update, but I have updated my OS with the disconnect-trick in Zune. Will I still get the FW or not trough Zune?

I originally did the disconnect trick and the only update I got was for the OS. I tried again and again using the disconnect trick but I could not get the firmware update.

Then my friend got the update for his Black Lumia 800 which contained the firmware update as well. So I restored my Cyan Lumia 800 to the previous version. The very first boot up of my phone said there was an update available but it was only for the OS, no firmware.

I tried the disconnect trick again but I still can't get the firmware update.

Hopefully we will all get it this week. :)

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Thanks, Lets hope they fixed it. It is just crap on mine, can't use it at all as music player specially as I loke loads of bass. I use winstone 4 and the sound is a disgrace for Nokia.

Good news! Nokia have released a statement saying they will be releasing another update to fix both the sound and camera. :)

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2012...bout-lumia-800-battery-life-audio-and-camera/

tewmgd

Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, QC
I tried the disconnect method but can't get working. I switch to Airplane mode, plug the phone, go to update page on Zune. Do the same again and disconnect at various time but no luck.

I have already the 8107 OS update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Info :

Matthieu

Update rollout via Zune is staged meaning not every phone gets the update on the same time. The rollout period is two weeks and started on Jan 19th. You will receive it in the end. There is a 'hack' to get it sooner, put it requires some patients as timing is critical, search for 'disconnect trick'. Good luck.
    Click update, after a couple of seconds, pull your ethernet cable/disable your net connection and if you timed it right, you'll get the update.
    Lets just hope we aren't discussing if its the 5th or 6th week next!!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

There are quite a few of us waiting for this. :(

Shall we start comparing IMEI's? :p

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com...mware-update-yet-30-01-12/td-p/1288063/page/2
    So I wrote an email to Stephen Elop and ... I got a reply. The VP for Customer Care was in CC of his reply. I got an email one hour later from his department. I will post here any update.