29th January 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #2651  
Lilburn, GA
Thanks Meter: 67

272 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuar9476

wow ... this thread sure hit a brick wall

No. We're all just holding our breath waiting for the next drop. Happens over on the CM forums too. A drop comes out and everyone is real excited and the forum comes alive discussing it which prompts an explosion of off-topic posts just because one comment prompts a random thought to another who wanders off on a tangent. Then it dies down into a steady state for a while and, if the next drop takes too long, then we see a "where's the next drop" spike as the crack adicts look for their next fix of new toys to play with. But that then dies down and we all wait. That's merely the way of the world.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mhwarfield For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #2652  
Thanks Meter: 37

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishstics

Can anyone tell me if I can make GoSMS the default messaging app on the lock screen?

Now that I think about it it must have been drews build. Sorry for any confusion

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Last edited by Legendary20; 30th January 2012 at 01:11 AM.
30th January 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #2653  
Recognized Developer
Flag Milton, Florida ✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
Thanks Meter: 10,425

4,731 posts
More
Angry -------news about the next release-------
Just in case anyone cares or is asking about ETAs on the next release.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mazda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2012, 01:16 AM   |  #2654  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Does anyone else have slow 3g speeds? I cant get above 120 b/s. I've tried this fix but now I'm getting worse speeds (30-80 b/s). If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
30th January 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #2655  
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 435

1,663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdarider23

Just in case anyone cares or is asking about ETAs on the next release.....

Is it even confirmed that anyone is working on a kernel at this point? We're kind of stuck in ics limbo until then.

Sent from my deck infused Evo
30th January 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #2656  
Thanks Meter: 2,890

8,509 posts
More
Wonder who made the kernel to boot initially and get us this far? I thought it was the tiamat kernel modded by preludedrew? Maybe they just need an official HTC built 4.0.x kernel? Wish I knew more about this stuff, too.

30th January 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #2657  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
More
Anybody having issues with contacts? I loaded the file from the SD card but it doesn't get all of them. Also, I can't view just my phone contacts. It's either all synced accounts AND all contacts or just synced. Any help?

4Geein it with Deck's ICS rom.
Last edited by A-to-the-J; 30th January 2012 at 08:37 PM.
30th January 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #2658  
Thanks Meter: 52

714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-to-the-J

Anybody having issues with contacts? I loaded the file from the SD card but it doesn't get all of them. Also, I can't view just my phone contacts. It's either all synced accounts AND all contacts or just synced. Any help?

4Geein it with Deck's ICS rom.

Why not sync your contacts from your google account? You never have to worry about backups and they're always there.
30th January 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #2659  
Thanks Meter: 2,890

8,509 posts
More
^^^^^^^^
Lol I had my android phone for about 6 months before I figured that out. Used to always rely on SD backups.

@ guy with contacts problems, maybe nand back to rom with ALL your contacts, and select to sync all contacts to Google (through Contacts>menu, AND through Settings>Accounts & Sync>Google>contacts )
Then when you come back to this rom, after signing into Google acct, all contacts should sync.

30th January 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #2660  
Lilburn, GA
Thanks Meter: 67

272 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74

Wonder who made the kernel to boot initially and get us this far? I thought it was the tiamat kernel modded by preludedrew? Maybe they just need an official HTC built 4.0.x kernel? Wish I knew more about this stuff, too.

Sigh... Unfortunately, I do know more about this stuff, as a kernel developer myself (not Android related!) and I'm under the impression that it's what we've known about all along. The big thing is the drivers. We're waiting on drivers for the video to make the QR code scanners work and the video recording work and at a standstill till that happens. This Qualcom qsd8k processor support is a stumbing block. Who is working on it?

I'm known for rolling up my sleaves and digging into other people's Linux device drivers (check out x10dev) just to scratch an itch but I'm not even sure where to begin with this and I DO NOT DO TWITTER (PITA). My particular device driver in the Linux kernel is an old massive high speed serial port driver with no relevance to Android in any way shape or form (unless it suddently sprouts an ESDI, MCA, or ISA bus and people develope a bad case of masochism) used in massive servers farms. I haven't done anything in the video arena and I have no clue where the current working sources are hosted.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
betch, bodacious ta ta's, clean ics, lead we will follow, lets get some shoes
Previous Thread Next Thread