G2x Speck Candyshell Case

Search This thread

iArtisan

Oct 30, 2011
I hear it scratches pretty easily. It's also VERY overpriced. I'm kinda tired of my Aegis too. I've been looking for some nice TPU cases, I'll probably end up going with the G2x Hybrid Case.
Could you point to the "Hybrid Case" you're talking about? I just finished skimming through an older topic about the Speck Case and quickly crossed it off my list lol. After reading about the scratch problem, I know my OCD will get the better of me.

e4e5nf3nc6

Dec 9, 2011
Ravenna, OH
Yes it scratches and scuffs up pretty easy for sure. Definitely very overpriced too, fortunately mine was free. Anyway it's a very sturdy and reliable case. Fits perfectly and the built-in buttons work just fine. Every input is accessible. It looks nice on the phone too. I honestly would have considered paying in full for it if I didn't get it for free.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Last edited:

kiddecks

Apr 5, 2009
I bought a speck

Worst decision ever. After about a week, the front rubber bezel trim material started peeling off, it scratches quite easily and starts to look like complete ass about a month after owning/using it. Bought it direct from T-Mobile and they wouldn't exchange it within 30 days. I'm very responsible when it comes to taking care of phones, it goes in and out of my pocket. That's all, folks. Would not recommend a Speck case to anyone, unfortunately. I saw them at CES 2012 and it looked like they were catering to the mass iPhone population, and had no useful advice. I have the black with grey trim. Also, you have to use very slim headphone plugs. 1/5 Stars.

iArtisan

Oct 30, 2011
Wow... I'm staying far, far, far away from this case then.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

jhayton

Jan 20, 2012
I bought one used on ebay cause yea, the cost of new is horrid. I didn't care about minor scuffs/scratches cause i cared more about utility and protection (also the hard shell 2 piece i had was a major pain for when i had to pop the battery), this one is very easy to remove if needed. 40$ new or 7.99 used with free shipping here http://bit.ly/yE1cLQ yea i took it for 8 bucks and am quite pleased. No issue with peeling rubber or any of the likes (even though used)

I dont care if the back is scuffed or scratched a bit cause quite frankly, i dont look at the back side of my phone often, and im not accustomed to placing my phone screen down. power button and volume keys are stiff but still easy to manipulate. if i had bought the case new for 40+$ id rate it a 6/10, but for 8$, Ill give it an 8/10.

katorat

Nov 8, 2010
I've had the speck hard shell case on my phone since it first came out and I love it! Being a mechanic, I'm not easy on my phones at all lol. But I must say, this has to be the best case I've ever used. Its very strong, and has saved my phone from 6ft drops with ease (oops lol). But from what I've seen, yea the black outer shell scratches but I could care less, it serves its purpose. Keeps my phone safe from falls and whatnot, and also keeps it clean from my dirty hands haha.

gold1304

Mar 6, 2012
i using this case . It make my phone invincible from any dropping :D.Unfortunately,it scratches easily. I bought mine from ebay ,where have the great deal :D

ArkAngel_X

May 22, 2010
Houston
I had the tmo speck rubberized case, it was nice for awhile, but since it uses different plugs depending if its in your pocket or on your belt, the pocket plug rubber came off in a month, then after 3 Months the whole rubber backing fell off... not worth the $30 IMO.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
I had the black Speck case along with the black/blue Trident Aegis, and frankly, I kinda like the Speck a little more. :p

I liked that it was slimmer than the Aegis, and easy to take off of needed, decent amount of protection though, the Aegis could clearly protect it loads better. There were scratches sure, but I put Vans stickers or any other of my favorite brands and that minimized it.

But I got mine off of eBay for $20 new, same as the Trident Aegis, and I was happy to have them. :D

Sent from someone's Galaxy Nexus running AOKP + Franco

te_quiero_forever_girl

Aug 19, 2009
Stay away from those speck candyshell case. They look really nice during the first few weeks of usage, but get scratched up wayyy to easily. After a while (3 months for me) the plastic edges started peeling off, and along came the broken power button cover. Go with Trident Perseus case. The best imo. I have a full body protection for my phone and thats the only case that doesn't mess up the skin cover