Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Getjar

Tip us?

alicez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Getjar

I had Getjar installed on my Elocity when I bought it. If I click on the Getjar icon, I get taken to a page on the Internet that no longer exists. How can I change Getjar so that when I click on it, I will get taken to the Getjar site on the Internet. Is Getjar an okay app, or is there a better one? (I don't believe I can delete the Getjar app from this Elocity A7.)

Also, would anyone know a good, free, weasther app that I could download that would show the weather (in my vicinity) on the Home screen (background) , similar to the time that appears there now?

frankwg83
Old
(Last edited by frankwg83; 30th January 2012 at 10:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default amazon, google android market

use this to get android market working http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1431967

after you root the device you can install the amazon app store and buy the root explorer if you don't get it through other means. it's a useful app, buy it. you can find the getjar program in /system/app, where you drop off the google apps. be careful when you remove the default apps, try to force stop them before uninstalling. 2 of them can't be stopped(one is fring and i can't remember the other, i think it had a light blue icon) and after they are uninstalled will give an error that will keep popping up, just hard reset and continue.

for the weather app, just search 'weather widget' in either app store. keep in mind that app will be a battery drain.

alicez
Old
(Last edited by alicez; 3rd February 2012 at 11:48 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwg83 View Post
use this to get android market working http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1431967

after you root the device you can install the amazon app store and buy the root explorer if you don't get it through other means. it's a useful app, buy it. you can find the getjar program in /system/app, where you drop off the google apps. be careful when you remove the default apps, try to force stop them before uninstalling. 2 of them can't be stopped(one is fring and i can't remember the other, i think it had a light blue icon) and after they are uninstalled will give an error that will keep popping up, just hard reset and continue.

for the weather app, just search 'weather widget' in either app store. keep in mind that app will be a battery drain.
Thank you. Sorry, but I am new at all of this (tablets, etc.) and don't know what you mean by "root," "drop off," "default apps," "force stop," "error popping up," etc. Really confusing and I do not want to make my grandson's A7 unstable, etc.