Rogers P925g finally getting GB

Search This thread

Kevindee

Jan 20, 2012
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/01/30/rogers-lg-optimus-3d-receiving-android-os-2-3-5-upgrade-february-1st-heres-the-full-change-log/

According to this article, we're finally getting a Gingerbread update on Feb 1. I'm hoping that this fixes the data problems I've been having with the European GB versions, and maybe even fix the ghost call issue. I hope it can be rooted soon too.

Better late than never I suppose.

Here's a link to the V20C kdz file for those having trouble downloading it from LG.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14826760/V20C_00.kdz

Last edited:
Reactions: jechus

Kevindee

Jan 20, 2012
I tried it and it still gives me the original V10C from July, but I'm not entirely sure if I did it correctly.

Kevindee

Jan 20, 2012
Now how do i return to stock rogers from 21b?

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA App

Well I suppose you can flash the stock V10C kdz file to return to stock. I'm not quite sure, but I think you should be able to just flash the new GB coming out without any problems.

joax11: I'm probably going to hold off on updating to GB right away until it can be rooted. I'm sure someone else on Rogers can upload the kdz file though.

crazycage

Oct 23, 2007
yeah I just checked my LG update utility too under "Supporting Model" and it still says V10c for Rogers P925g.... common LG... don't make us wait on the day we've been waiting for!

I noticed a version of V20c on the screenshot of the phone in the original article posted. I'm sure that we won't have that rooted anytime soon, especially since 21b can't be rooted! :mad:

I just chatted with a support rep for LG Canada and here is what they said: "Unfortunately we have not been advised that the update is going to be released today. Where did you hear see this information?" I replied with the link and they they said: "The only information that we have been provided at the moment was that your model will be getting ice cream sandwich in the second or third quarter of this year." I then pushed it further and he said: "I was just advised that it will be soon. No time frame was given. Sorry.
ICS will be second or third quarter of this year."

Last edited:

Gunnme

Jun 9, 2009
Madrid
Rogers LG Optimus 3D Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread V20C Available

Supposedly is out?
w w w.lg-phones.org/rogers-lg-optimus-3d-android-2-3-5-gingerbread-v20c-available.html

crazycage

Oct 23, 2007
hmm apparently there are all kinds of blogs copying mobileSyrups original post and modifying the information slightly.. its all over the web. No concrete proof though of course.

My LG tool still says v10c directly from their servers and I'm in Canada on Rogers carrier.

chinabull

Aug 10, 2009
ottawa
www.zibotronix.com
It looks like they have got the 20C ready but just not allowing download yet.

If you try http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP925G/ARGSDB/V20c_00/V20C_00.kdz
You will get :

Forbidden
Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.

While if you change the 20c to 20b, you will get:

Not Found
The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.

So this indicates indeed the file is there already.
Also, looks like 20A is there, too. :)

I hate LG keep us waiting for so long...........

whiteravens

Jan 14, 2011
Peterborough
So has anyone got it yet? Because I accidently installed v21a (don't ask) and I love the 2.3.5 but the lack of 4G/Hspa is hindering me but in my current area even on 2.2 the 4G in my area only does maybe 140kbps if I'm lucky rogers hasn't updated the pipe line. I also don't want to risk going back to 2.2 because I love v21a its so fast and 100% better

unmanarc

Feb 1, 2012
Hi chinabull.

I'm using your link and its working fine. 418Mb!

let me download the whole kdz image. :)

Top Liked Posts