Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 48,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.4f (Android 2.3.7) [20130310]

Tip us?

repatch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by repatch View Post
Just upgrade to 7.1.5

Everything works great, new animations are neat, except: I use the pattern lockscreen. When the phone is in "clock" mode, and goes to screensaver mode, the invocation of the lock screen results in a half blank screen, half background, with none of the lock circles displayed. The phone can be unlocked by pattern if you're very careful and GUESS where the circles are, but it's very difficult.

This bug wasn't there for 7.1.3 or 7.1.4.

I disabled all animations, no joy.

I disabled the lock screen completely (no pin or pattern lock) and it appears to work OK.

Not a huge deal, but for now, I think I have to stick with 7.1.3 or 4.

Thanks, TTYL
Bump:

Anybody else seeing this problem? Can't lock my phone anymore.

Thanks, TTYL

Flyview
Old
Thanks Meter 421
Everything was working just great since 7.1.5 came out and now all of a sudden it can't scan any wifi around me.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App
Try my Android apps: TeQtic on Google Play
Twitter: @TeQtic

megawebmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Please, read a few pages back of this thread and you'll find solution to your problems.

Regards, megawebmaster

Fekish
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3n00 View Post
Open Recovery? You should see the option when you get in.
Unfortunately i cannot see it on my phone...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Babis_ECE
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview View Post
Everything was working just great since 7.1.5 came out and now all of a sudden it can't scan any wifi around me.

Had the same problem, it is already answered and solved by nadlabak a few pages ago. Just look back. You just have to boot into OpenRecovery and write something in Console/Terminal.
- Sony Xperia Arc
- iPad 16GB White 4th Gen WiFi

Eiertschik
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerminhu View Post
Thanks, but can I achieve it without resorting to third party apps?
There are two lines in /system/build.prop named "sys.keep_app_1=" and "...2"

Here you can enter process names.
You can figure them out with... Auto Memory Manager

Keep in mind that this option locks the app's priority to 0 which means totally unkillable.

If you want to stop such an app you'll have to go to the running apps in Android settings and press "Stop process".

If you kill it via Taskkiller or any other app it will restart.

Joolee
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaldan View Post
Well, I wrote about it more than several times already and it's not very entertaining to repeat myself again and again.

The last time I mentioned VM heap size is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post21744852

I'll just add what I also said before - I've never experienced Google Maps freeze while using 24MB heap size. When set to anything higher, the Gmaps freeze will sooner or later happen.
NOFI but I changed the VM heap to 40MB and I can now actually start Google Maps without instantly hanging and crashing the device and regressing to this state. (I found out that clearing the caches helps fixing it. I was locked in that state now a few times without it being fixed after a few normal reboots)

I don't want to imply you should change the default setting but you could advise people with instability problems to change the setting.

Flyview
Old
(Last edited by Flyview; 1st February 2012 at 06:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babis_ECE View Post
Had the same problem, it is already answered and solved by nadlabak a few pages ago. Just look back. You just have to boot into OpenRecovery and write something in Console/Terminal.
Yes I know, I was just surprised that it happened all of a sudden. BTW if you want to save your list of wifi passwords, copy wpa_supplicant.conf in /data/misc/wifi before you clear it, then paste the contents back into the new blank file that is formed after reboot.

Wifi works again and I didn't lose my list of hotspots.

EDIT: AHA! Found the wifi bug!

After I did the above, the wifi broke again after a day. What it does is just say connecting. I took a closer look at the wpa_supplicant.conf file and I noticed a new line:

ap_scan=2

Once, I commented that out (use #), wifi was fixed! I took the # away just to confirm, and again, wifi was broken!

Flyview
Old
(Last edited by Flyview; 1st February 2012 at 07:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview View Post
Thanks for the explanation but I think you misunderstood a little. I understand how memory works on android cause I tried to read a lot about it.

My issue is that slowly, over 10-20hours (sometimes happens quicker), the available ram becomes lower. When I say free ram, I'm not strictly talking about FREE ram per say, but the ram used to keep programs loaded (cached)+truly free ram. This is actually what is shown in running services as "free ram," not true free ram.

So, in time, with the same services running, I see the phone struggling and restarting apps during multitasking because it has no room to keep them cached in ram. After a fresh reboot, doing the exact same multitasking activities, the phone flies, more apps have room to be kept cached in "free ram."

Where does the available ram disappear over time?

Kabaldan,

Here's more on my RAM usage issue. I've uploaded two screenshots. One about 26 hours after boot, and one about 5 minutes after boot. Same services running, and about 20-24mB of "missing" RAM. Also, the totals (used + available) don't match each other. One is 152mB total, the other is 159mB total.

Is there any way I can see exactly what is taking up the "used" GRAY portion...in addition to the services? All ram usage apps I've tried show values that are much too high for each app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	low ram.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	883115   Click image for larger version

Name:	fresh boot.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	883116  
The Following User Says Thank You to Flyview For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zankyw
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have a problem that I hadn't suffered during several months...

When I am in Talk, writing with the hardware keyboard some keys trigger some system apps:
C -> Contacts
B -> Browser
etc.

I just installed CM7 after full wipe some days ago, so don't know why it's happening now.

Tags
good rom