Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Desire Serious Issue!!

Tip us?

Mady4Real
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HTC Desire Serious Issue!!

Ok i did searched a lot of sites before writing this, i just wanted to let you guys know the complete detail from where it started all the way down..

- I tried rooting the device through revoked, it failed and my phone got stuck at HTC logo.
- i install one of the ROM from shipped rom website and it start working again but had issue of random reboots.
- After few weeks my desire got heatup restarted and again stuck at HTC logo.
- This time i installed the official Gingerbread from HTC website, it works fine for few days but then again, when i used the phone for games or movies it get too hot and went reboot loop, unless i remove the battery and let it cool for few minutes.
- Last week i left for some work, got back home and my phone was on reboot loop for about an hour.

and this time reinstalling ROM doesn't solved the issue, any ROM which i install stuck on HTC screen and if i do install the Gingerbread it gets the reboot loop.

I gave up and try some local repair shop as i dont have any HTC center here in my country, the guy tried for 3 days now he said its Dead or bricked whatever you called it.

Everything is working fine from installing of ROM through either USB or SD Card, Fast boot is working good but its not booting at all, should i lose all hope for this phone and trashed it or there is still some hope?

Kindly Help

cmitchc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady4Real View Post
Ok i did searched a lot of sites before writing this, i just wanted to let you guys know the complete detail from where it started all the way down..

- I tried rooting the device through revoked, it failed and my phone got stuck at HTC logo.
- i install one of the ROM from shipped rom website and it start working again but had issue of random reboots.
- After few weeks my desire got heatup restarted and again stuck at HTC logo.
- This time i installed the official Gingerbread from HTC website, it works fine for few days but then again, when i used the phone for games or movies it get too hot and went reboot loop, unless i remove the battery and let it cool for few minutes.
- Last week i left for some work, got back home and my phone was on reboot loop for about an hour.

and this time reinstalling ROM doesn't solved the issue, any ROM which i install stuck on HTC screen and if i do install the Gingerbread it gets the reboot loop.

I gave up and try some local repair shop as i dont have any HTC center here in my country, the guy tried for 3 days now he said its Dead or bricked whatever you called it.

Everything is working fine from installing of ROM through either USB or SD Card, Fast boot is working good but its not booting at all, should i lose all hope for this phone and trashed it or there is still some hope?

Kindly Help
Did you ever obtain root? If not, I have found that Revolutionary has better luck on the Desire than Unrevoked.

stankyou
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Cool story bro. Can you please post technical details about your phone? Hboot version would be a good place to start.

LG Nexus 5, LG Nexus 4, HTC Desire

- I feel oh so dirty flashing without wiping.
- A word of advice, do a clean flash or just shut the hell up.
- That sad moment my favorite rom became too bloated for my liking that I started to look at other roms.
- I read the OP but where's the fun in that?

Droidzone
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2179

DONATE TO ME
When you allowed your local repairman to touch it, you more or less sealed its fate. Everything points to board issues.

Mady4Real
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stankyou View Post
Cool story bro. Can you please post technical details about your phone? Hboot version would be a good place to start.
bravo pvt1 SHIP S-OFF
Hboot-1.02.0001
Radio 5.17.05.23

just got it back for one day, before i give him back for mobo replaced..
Btw will try the gold card method..