Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Tip) Disable proximity sensor

Tip us?

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Moved
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

UksusoFF
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000 View Post
Moved
Move it to General please. This solution for all phones with CM.

gjergjisel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
do you use adb push to put the file there or how do u put the file in data\local

UksusoFF
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjergjisel View Post
do you adb push the file in data\local ? or is there some other way

Thnx in advance
If you have s-off can use any filemanager with rw to system, if s-on you need load custom recovery and mount system then load adb shell and using cp command copy this files from SD to system

rami78
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Question CM9

would this work with CM9 as well? (the alpha builds currently in dev section)? thanks

Theonew
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by rami78 View Post
would this work with CM9 as well? (the alpha builds currently in dev section)? thanks
There is none...

rami78
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Sorry

Sorry i mean the various ports of ICS such as http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1366897

Theonew
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by rami78 View Post
Sorry i mean the various ports of ICS such as http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1366897
It's best if you post in your device specific forum in that case.

rami78
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Thanks

Will do thanks

jtbrown3
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UksusoFF View Post
If you on CM7 or 6 put file from #25 post, and go to Settings - CM Settings - Input and check on "Trackball wake". And now, after call screen will be wake up by pressing trackball and\or power button
Hi Aria Fans,
I just wanted to report that I just successfully tested the suggested fix from post #25 on my Aria loaded with CM7.1.0 [9-Oct-2011] (I had the same amazingly frustrating issue with the faulty proximity sensor and the screen blanking during calls).

You can use either ADB or Root Explorer to copy the <userinit.sh> script file into the \data\local\ directory (you will of course need root access). Just reboot after copying the file. I also recommend selecting the "Trackball Wake" setting as well.

Wow, is all I can say - I now have a usable phone!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jtbrown3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]