Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 39,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions

Tip us?

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by facdemol View Post
is the jc rom in the link the one with ICS theme and tegrak support?
Dont believe so.
This is the link for the ICS there and Tegrak Support:

http://matcl.com/index.php?document_srl=4907992

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romi Leonardo View Post
I just got a little trouble when I do the settings in some applications of nakyup. because the Korean language. I do not understand the meaning of the text in an application in the show like SDFORMAT, THEMERUN, THEMESET, UNROOT, overclocked, APPBOOSTER. and others.

I am very grateful if anyone help me to change the words in the English language.
Romi,

I am going to work on these translations...but most of them do what they say. It is pretty literal.

SDFORMAT - you can change the format of the system files
-MicroSD partition - you can change one half to Fat32 and the other have can be Ext4 (best of both worlds)
-Fat32 format - format the files to Fat32 extension
-Ext4 format - format the files to Ext4 (Linux) extension.

ThemeRun - you can download themes from the nakyup website and put them on your phone. This is where you load the themes and apply them.

ThemeSet - there are some pre-loaded themes as you mentioned, this is where you can apply them.

UnRoot - some programs (like banking apps in Korea) cannot use Root access. So you need to unroot your phone to use these certain apps. Just a click and you can unroot and then root again after.

Appbooster - this is for Onenand. I have never used this but others who have used Tegrak can explain this I hope.....I never use it because I only have the internal SDcard and once you go over a certain limit (300mb) you can't use it anymore. I believe it is a stronger lagfix.

DataSafe - is for backing up your system and files (think Titanium Back up)
1st option - system back up
2nd option - system restore
3rd option - apps back up
4th option - apps restore

GSBAM - is for deleting and restoring apps (similar to Titanium Backup). One click delete and one click restore for apps and .apk files

ReBoot - allows you to go into any boot mode.
1st option - simple phone shut down and restart
2nd option - download mode
3rd option - recovery mode

골라골라 - is the overclock utility. It appears to be SetCPU actually and you can choose different settings as well. I personally use "smartass" as I have read that it is the best option for power saving and does a lot of behind the scenes work.

I think those are it...hopefully helped out a bit!

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by facdemol View Post
done!

fixed my sensors and home buttons, phone is working fine now. Swapped the case with another one while at it, so that crome like bezel looks like new again.
Flashing Jacob's rom now...

I also think i'll be doing the wrong stuff again and flash some i9000 ICS rom just to see how native ICS runs on this phone. Just curiosity...

Since i'm also new to tegrak kernels, does the clockwork-like menu (that can be triggered when you start the phone by pressing home button) enable real device backup? For example, if i backup both data and system, will i be able to restore it later just like in htc phones clockwork recovery backup tool?
I have never done this, so I really do not know sorry.
I thought that the M110S phones didnt have this ability, but I am not too sure with Tegrak Kernel.....
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE-A (SM-N900S)
[I]Stock Jelly Bean 3.4 (not rooted)

Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (SHV-E210S)
Stock Jelly Bean 3.4 (not rooted)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (SHW-M380W - Transformed into GT-P7510)
Fourth Bar: Revolution with Yoda's Kernel v2.2

Samsung Galaxy S SHW-M110S - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to M@31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magick86
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31 View Post
Appbooster - this is for Onenand. I have never used this but others who have used Tegrak can explain this I hope.....I never use it because I only have the internal SDcard and once you go over a certain limit (300mb) you can't use it anymore. I believe it is a stronger lagfix.
I have used the Tegrak Onenand mode. It does make for a slightly faster phone over the Lagfix (All) option, but the reduced amount of space is VERY difficult to work with. You will have problems installing large apps. You will need a 2nd SD to support most of it as well. I always just stayed with Lagfix (All) and it seemed to operate well.
Nexus 5, 4.4.2 - Stock + Xposed
Galaxy Nexus, 4.4
Nexus 7 (2012), 4.4

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S - SHW-M110S
Sony Tablet S
The Following User Says Thank You to magick86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jacobs5
Old
(Last edited by jacobs5; 3rd February 2012 at 03:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Im not too sure whats up with Jacobs.

There seems to be a new version (v1.4) but I think that is just a Kernel (possibly a Tegrak Kernel).

The three files from this site (http://matcl.com/index.php?mid=pxebo...nt_srl=5000350) when joined, turn out to be about 150MB, that is too small for a ROM no?

The other file I have seems to be the ROM, but it says that it is v1.3 (http://matcl.com/index.php?mid=pxebo...nt_srl=4907992)
yeah this kernel was based on tegrak kernel(thanks to TEGRAK~!)... and add to BIGMEM patch(default ramsize 339 -> 353), I/O scheduler(sio, vr), CPU governor(smartassV2, smartass, lazy) and it's file 7z, so file size is 150MB (extracted file is 309MB)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacobs5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

campsg
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs5 View Post
yeah this kernel was based on tegrak kernel... and add to BIGMEM patch(default ramsize 339 -> 353), I/O scheduler(sio, vr), CPU governor(smartassV2, smartass, lazy) and it's file 7z, so file size is 150MB (extracted file is 309MB)
Hey, you're the author of this ROM... I've tried using your release 1.4 and find it better compared to some of the ROMs I tried. Thank you.
Huawei Ascend P6S-U06
4.2.2 EMUI 2.0 B131

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by campsg View Post
Hey, you're the author of this ROM... I've tried using your release 1.4 and find it better compared to some of the ROMs I tried. Thank you.
Im just really happy that we have some options for ROMS and Kernels.
So many ROMS and and such for the i9000!

It is awesome that people have created the ROMS for our phones too, and hopefully there will be many more!

boop2838
Old
(Last edited by boop2838; 3rd February 2012 at 09:49 AM.) Reason: :
Thanks Meter 2
Hey guys, do we have overclock tutorial for our phone here? Can you post post what pageis in it? I plan to flash nakyup4.3 tonight, I've already downloaded t files. Thnak you to anyone who can teach me a proper overclocking way.

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop2838 View Post
Hey guys, do we have overclock tutorial for our phone here? Can you post post what pageis in it? I plan to flash nakyup4.3 tonight, I've already downloaded t files. Thnak you to anyone who can teach me a proper overclocking way.
With Nakyup, there is no guide.

There are two options.

First - Overclock (choose what speed you want to overclock)
Second - Governor (choose how you want to run the overclock)

The app is built right into the ROM/Kernel.
It is the last "app" when you install the ROM/Kernel (골라골라)

Overclock choices

Governor
-conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance, smartass (apparently smartass is the best to use, since it underclocks and only uses as much cpu as it needs at the time)

I currently use 1250mhz and smartass governor

The Following User Says Thank You to M@31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boop2838
Old
(Last edited by boop2838; 3rd February 2012 at 01:27 PM.) Reason: :
Thanks Meter 2
Default overclock

Quote:
With Nakyup, there is no guide.

There are two options.

First - Overclock (choose what speed you want to overclock)
Second - Governor (choose how you want to run the overclock)

The app is built right into the ROM/Kernel.
It is the last "app" when you install the ROM/Kernel (골라골라)

Overclock choices

Governor
-conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance, smartass (apparently smartass is the best to use, since it underclocks and only uses as much cpu as it needs at the time)

I currently use 1250mhz and smartass governor
thanks M@31,

now i saved all important files that i need in the future.
may i ask what more things did you do before proceed to flashing nakyup rom?
1. did you unmounted sdcard before flashing and mounted again after normalized new rom (nakyup)?
2. before you owned your SGS, have you feel the speed comparison than your old rom likewise overclock?

thanks

beenalee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just a noob question, how come some ROMS are twice the size of the others and they're labelled "MOVI" which I guess corresponds to movinand? What's the difference between the MOVI roms and the usual ones?

jacobs5
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenalee View Post
Just a noob question, how come some ROMS are twice the size of the others and they're labelled "MOVI" which I guess corresponds to movinand? What's the difference between the MOVI roms and the usual ones?
Simply, MOVI is all wipe your phone.

When you apply the MOVI smartphone will be completely clean

The Following User Says Thank You to jacobs5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
anycall, korea, korean, shw-m110s, shwm110s