28th January 2012, 06:59 AM   |  #561  
Flag Niles, IL
Thanks Meter: 43

438 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billygoat555

What ATT loophole is that? The one where you have to activate a 2G iPhone, etc?

Yes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App
31st January 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #562  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
just did this today. still works. 8th call. code 76153 seemed to work for the guy I talked to.
31st January 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #563  
Thanks Meter: 37

791 posts
More
When I first did this I was very happy with it, but now I am fealing like a fool. I am starting to think going by-be with out ETF some way some how.

I have used $ in dumb ways before but this may be in the top 3 soon to be #1.

To every one else I hope you like it and I know that I seem like a AT&T fan, but I am not. I am a it "needs to work" fan and The big RED has failed me more in 30 days than AT&T did in 180.
31st January 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #564  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 19

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ktvs

When I first did this I was very happy with it, but now I am fealing like a fool. I am starting to think going by-be with out ETF some way some how.

To every one else I hope you like it and I know that I seem like a AT&T fan, but I am not. I am a it "needs to work" fan and The big RED has failed me more in 30 days than AT&T did in 180.

I'm the exact opposite. At my office with AT&T I couldn't get 1 meg downloads consistently on their "fauxG" network. I work across the street from one of their antennas. I switch to Verizon and at first I could only get 3g, but it was the same speed as AT&T was for me, so I was find. A week later they did some work on the antenna. Turns out it was Verizon LTE coming. Now I get 20 meg down.

I still have unlimited from this trick, and now I have much better speeds. Haven't had any of the drops I had with AT&T in my area either.

I think all of the carriers have areas where they aren't as good as others. The trick is just finding the one that works for you. Funny enough 6 years ago when I dropped Verizon they were worse in my area, so you just never know.
2nd February 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #565  

30 posts
Does this still work?
2nd February 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #566  
Flag riverside
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
I had att before this and at work I had full bars the tower is litteraly behind my work I can walk right up to it and the fastest I got on fauxG was 4 megs. just got Verizon and I only get like 2 bars at work but I still get 18 meg downloads. I'm going to try this tonight I got the 4gb special and I already used 90% end of my billing date is on the 12th. Hopefully this works out I will be a happy person.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
2nd February 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #567  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 367

2,472 posts
Lol, ATT service is absolutely horrible where I work (VZ works great)

A few years ago, my boss switched our entire VZ corporate account to ATT (186 phones) because his Wife wanted an iPhone. I have never heard so much bitching in my life. I kept my phone on VZ because I wanted it to work and I had no desire for an iPhone.

It was real easy to tell who had ATT service, they where the guys standing over by the window turning their phones at all different angles trying to get service. I could always tell when my boss was in his office because every single call would go directly to voice mail.
3rd February 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #568  

30 posts
Does the loophole still work?
3rd February 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #569  
Flag Houston Tx
Thanks Meter: 192

890 posts
More
Obviously not

~ Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Cm9~
Last edited by sway40; 3rd February 2012 at 01:30 AM.
3rd February 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #570  
Thanks Meter: 6

167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpossoff

Does the loophole still work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway40

Obviously not

~ Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Cm9~

These were success stories from 2 days ago (January 30th).
|
V

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylic

just did this today. still works. 8th call. code 76153 seemed to work for the guy I talked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ktvs

So *obviously* it's still working.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread