[Tutorial] Make your own Splash Screen for Wildfire S

Search This thread

Ping192

Dec 21, 2011
Hoofddorp
Doesn't seem to work with "m1ndh4x8r" ROM installed.

I am S-ON, but with unlocked bootloader.

The menu reads the zip file, but doesn't ask to install.

Anyone got it working with S-ON but htcdev unlocked?

And thanks :)

MrTaco505

Jan 16, 2012
Dallas
Can someone help me with the splash screen? I placed the PG76IMG.zip file in the root of my sd card but when i go to bootloader it reads the file but doesnt prompt me to update splash. I have an S-ON with HTCdev unlocked bootloader. Is there something i missed?

greavous420

Jan 8, 2012
Leeds
www.mootzoot.com
Can someone help me with the splash screen? I placed the PG76IMG.zip file in the root of my sd card but when i go to bootloader it reads the file but doesnt prompt me to update splash. I have an S-ON with HTCdev unlocked bootloader. Is there something i missed?

Yeh I had same problem. I'm guessing that you need S-Off for this to work.

Reactions: MrTaco505

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
What I did. :D

Attached PG76IMG and photoshop file in a zip if you want to change some of the things i've done.

Enjoy :)

- Benjamin

Attachments

• PG76IMG.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 62
  • htcsplash-psd.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 103
H

Henry_01

Beats Audio :D

Much better than stock and doesn't hurt the eyes in dark :p

Please hit the thanks button :)

Attachments

• splashscreen.png
    splashscreen.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 844
  • PG76IMG.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 971
Last edited:

s0kY

Feb 9, 2012
Kupari
Hi Wildfire S users,

Today I'm going to teach you how to create Splash screen or the image that comes
before bootanimation.

1. Download the tool in the attached and extract it using any zip manager
2. Download PG76IMG.zip as base file for creating splash flashable
3. Make an image or resize and crop any image, it should be 320 width, 480 height. Save it as 24bit BMP. I'm not sure JPG will work but I always choose BMP to be sure.
4. In the tool folder you just extracted open CreateG1Splash.exe then click open choose your edited image then click convert.
5. a file mysplash.rgb565 is created just rename it to splash1.nb0 then open my attached PG76IMG.zip with any zip manager like winrar,winzip or 7zip. then drag the splash1.nb0, thats it.
6. Now put the file in the root of your memory card then flash through Hboot. by fully turning off phone then holding volume down then power.
7. It will ask you to update just follow instructions after that reboot. You'll see your new splash. :D

Here is a sample:

14c6zkp.jpg

its not working for me...is it because my WFS is S-ON ?

bagofbits

Feb 28, 2012
Northampton
Hiya,

I have followed your instructions and I have used a beats audio image as posted, it installed and looks great. I've had to reboot and turn off my phone as few times coz I've been doing backups and other stuff. On occasions (not all the time...) when booting it asks me do I want to install update! If I say yes Or No the Beats splash comes up and I cant get to recovery. Can I just delete something so this don't happen and if so what is it, ?

I'm happy with the beats image I have .......

Cheers

Cheers

intel007

Nov 21, 2011
Kent/London
Hiya,

I have followed your instructions and I have used a beats audio image as posted, it installed and looks great. I've had to reboot and turn off my phone as few times coz I've been doing backups and other stuff. On occasions (not all the time...) when booting it asks me do I want to install update! If I say yes Or No the Beats splash comes up and I cant get to recovery. Can I just delete something so this don't happen and if so what is it, ?

I'm happy with the beats image I have .......

Cheers

Cheers

Remove the file PG76IMG.zip from you SD root or it will try update everytime you enter hboot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Wildfire S users,

Today I'm going to teach you how to create Splash screen or the image that comes
    before bootanimation.

1. Download the tool in the attached and extract it using any zip manager
    2. Download PG76IMG.zip as base file for creating splash flashable
    3. Make an image or resize and crop any image, it should be 320 width, 480 height. Save it as 24bit BMP. I'm not sure JPG will work but I always choose BMP to be sure.
    4. In the tool folder you just extracted open CreateG1Splash.exe then click open choose your edited image then click convert.
    5. a file mysplash.rgb565 is created just rename it to splash1.nb0 then open my attached PG76IMG.zip with any zip manager like winrar,winzip or 7zip. then drag the splash1.nb0, thats it.
    6. Now put the file in the root of your memory card then flash through Hboot. by fully turning off phone then holding volume down then power.
    7. It will ask you to update just follow instructions after that reboot. You'll see your new splash. :D

Here is a sample:

14c6zkp.jpg
    Splash for HTC WS

Edited for WS :D

attachment.php
    bindroid Splash without the text

attachment.php
    Found another tool

Your input image shoud be 320 * 480 pixels!!!

All credits goes to: DeToX-cz

2rgb565.png

Yeh I had same problem. I'm guessing that you need S-Off for this to work.