I have been reading these forums for some time and have finally created my own cooked ROM for these MT6573 / MTK6573 based Chinese Androids that I wanted to share since there doesn't seem to be any here.
This ROM was created from a stock system ROM off a Hero H7300 which I believe should work on all HD7 or T9299 clones.
The ID for the base ROM is 10HX2P.H7300.111125.AD2_3_4_V1.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G .
I don't like to customise things too much (since everyone has their own preferences) so I have just done most of the basics.
Here is a list of what I have done to this ROM:
Updated to v2:
- Removed all Chinese based apps and useless apps
- Installed ChainsDD's Superuser and set root permissions
- Installed BusyBox
- Removed boot screen audio
- Installed AdFree hosts file to block ads
- Deodexed all Apps
- Installed task killer speed tweaks
- Slightly customised default locker screen icons
- Replaced statusbar battery indicator
- Updated Android Market to 3.3.12
- Updated Gmail to 188.8.131.52
- Updated Google Maps to 6.0.2
- Updated Google Music to 4.0.9
- Installed latest ES File Explorer 184.108.40.206 and ES Task Manager 1.2.0 to data folder
- Installed Go Launcher 2.71 and Go Locker 1.08 to data folder
- Installed YouTube 2.3.4 to data folder
- Installed TeslaLED 3.0.2 to data folder
- Updated gps.conf for oceania region (See below to change region)
- Updated apns-conf carriers from here to support all mobile data
- Customised build.prop settings for better functionality and speed (see below)
Updated to v3:
- Updated Market to 3.4.4
- Updated ES File Explorer to 220.127.116.11
- Updated Maps to 6.0.3
- Installed Facebook 1.8.1
- Installed Twitter 3.0.0
- Installed Blackmart 0.49.93
- Moved all updateable apps to data partition
Updated to v4:
- Fixed apns-conf bug in v2 ROM so 3G data works correctly again
GPS Region Change
- Fixed problem where market kept crashing
- Configured busybox run-parts to support init.d boot scripts
- Altered settings to increase battery life
- Updated GO Locker to 1.09
- Updated GO Launcher to 2.73
If you are in a different region (most probably are
) you can go to this thread to download a gps.conf for your area:
Dowload the file you need and then replace it under /system/etc/gps.conf
Having the correct file here makes a huge improvement in the speed of GPS fixes.
Go Launcher and Go Locker
I have installed these two apps since they are my favourite ones and are very customisable and skinnable.
They are installed on the data folder so feel free to replace them with your own preferred launcher/locker.
Just remember not to move the launcher or locker themes to your SD card as they may not work properly after reboot. (especially locker themes)
Currently these are the custom settings I have added to the build.prop
Feel free to alter these yourself to how you prefer by editing /system/build.prop file.
# fix some app problems
#enable hardware acceleration
#increase dalvik cache
#Saving jpg at 100% quality
#Improved the quality of photos and videos
#Disable icon in the status bar debug mode when you connect the cable
#Disable delay call
#optimization of energy consumption
#Removing delay returning from black screen after/during a call
#Helps scrolling responsiveness
#Increase touch responsiveness
#Disable boot animation for faster boot
#Disable surface dithering to improve image quality
So far it's been working pretty good on my phone and I'm very happy with it.
3G data, Wifi and GPS are all working perfectly for me (much better than my last phone).
Please feel free to test it out and let me know how it goes.
Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v4
DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER WITH THESE PHONES AS IT IS INCOMPATIBLE
1) Download my ROM rename it to update.zip and copy it on to your sdcard under /mnt/sdcard/update.zip
2) Next you will need to install a custom recovery partition to be able to install custom ROMs.
Bruno Martins has provided an excellent guide for flashing these phones which you can follow here:
He also has his own Custom Recovery Image and ROMs he has developed with custom frameworks you can download from here:
Download the recovery image and then follow his flashing tutorial to install that to your phone.
3) Once you have the recovery image installed reboot your phone into recovery mode by holding down the volume up + power key to turn the phone on.
This will then boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
4) First thing you want to do here is to go into backup and restore and create a backup of your phone that you can restore back to if you don't like my ROM.
5) Once you have a backup you can follow this guide
to install the custom ROM.
6) After you install the ROM and restart your phone don't be scared if it sits on a black screen for some time as it's just rebuilding the dalvik cache.
(I got neverous my ROM didn't work the first time I booted it
7) [optional] Update your gps.conf for your local region using the instructions above.
Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v3
Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v2