5,596,925 Members 48,704 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't update from Rogers HTC 621 1.30.631.2

Tip us?

amiloicram
Old
(Last edited by amiloicram; 4th February 2012 at 11:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't update from Rogers HTC 621 1.30.631.2

Guys, I'm having kind of a situation here:

I installed Rogers HTC 621 - 1.30.631.2 (WM6)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5xuh3jv2yg4

That I found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=381726

The problem is that, now, when I want to leave this ROM because I've been having some problems with it, it won't update. I've tried using SDA Unlock but it hasn't worked out. It always shows: unlockable phone, and right after this box it shows: phone unlocked. But it isn't. Could you guys help me solve this problem?!

Whenever I try installing any .cab files it shows the following message:

Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions.

If you could help me solve this only problem I wouldn't even need to update the ROM...

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Try the attached HTC Unlock. It is a wrapped signed registry editor that is scripted to change the relevant Policy settings in the registry. Run the .exe on the PC, it will install the program on the device and you find it in Start -> Accessories -> HTC Unlock.

Basically you need to change the RAPI (Remote API) Policy to allow changes e.g. via SDA Unlock.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCUnlock-CVS.zip - [Click for QR Code] (134.7 KB, 24 views)
Android: Xperia Ray 4.0.4 (rooted, CTCaer v2.8 kernel) + Galaxy Tab 2 7" (GT-P3110 8GB, JB 4.1.2 rooted - KK Blackhawk Next kernel)
WM Std.: Tornado (cooked) < KS20 < Vox < BenQ E72 < Tornado < Hurricane < Amadeus
Beginners Guide to Windows Mobile (prepare for cooking with links to OS-Builder kitchen (WM6.5 German/English & SDHC) for Tornado, Hurricane and Amadeus and some battery related items.

If above post was helpful to you, press the "Thanks" button below
The Following User Says Thank You to tobbbie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amiloicram
Old
(Last edited by amiloicram; 4th February 2012 at 11:40 PM.) Reason: By the way, could you help me find the RAPI fil for me to change the settings? Is it possible for me to change it?
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbbie View Post
Try the attached HTC Unlock. It is a wrapped signed registry editor that is scripted to change the relevant Policy settings in the registry. Run the .exe on the PC, it will install the program on the device and you find it in Start -> Accessories -> HTC Unlock.

Basically you need to change the RAPI (Remote API) Policy to allow changes e.g. via SDA Unlock.
Well, I've tried what you suggested and I'm really thankful, but it didn't work out. I still can't install .cab files and I still can't ulock the cell phone with SDA Security Unlocker because it says "phone is not unlockable".

How I wish anyone could help me...

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Did you finally also execute the HTC Unlocker from the Start -> Accessories folder? You should see the registry editor change some settings. For the RAPI part the x'1001 is the policy and it must be set to 1.

There is a more complicated method - doing this by the Microsoft Security Configuration Manager. Hard to find the link to download, look here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ls.aspx?id=998 This allows to apply dedicated security profiles (sets of Policies) to the device. If this works however also depends on the active settings in the device OS however. You may need to load the Development Certificates first via Menu "Device -> Add Dev..."

Would it not be the easiest case to just revert to the original ROM for the device? There the CID matches when updating and then you don't need the sequence of "old-OS application Unlock, load patched SPL, load new OS" - simply because the original SPL will pass the CID check. Get to http://www.shipped-roms.com/index.ph...odel=Excalibur and see if you find it.

Which was the original ROM you had on it?
Android: Xperia Ray 4.0.4 (rooted, CTCaer v2.8 kernel) + Galaxy Tab 2 7" (GT-P3110 8GB, JB 4.1.2 rooted - KK Blackhawk Next kernel)
WM Std.: Tornado (cooked) < KS20 < Vox < BenQ E72 < Tornado < Hurricane < Amadeus
Beginners Guide to Windows Mobile (prepare for cooking with links to OS-Builder kitchen (WM6.5 German/English & SDHC) for Tornado, Hurricane and Amadeus and some battery related items.

If above post was helpful to you, press the "Thanks" button below

amiloicram
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem solved.

After looking in some other posts here on XDA I found many solutions and, by working out on them together, I could finally fix it.

I used SP Allow Certificate, SDK Certs, Exc USPL and, in the end, it really mattered.

Thanks to all you guys who keep up with feeding the forum.