[Challenge] BEST headset / earphone / headphone up to €50 MAX.

Search This thread

kaynpayn

Aug 30, 2010
Best ones i've tried were Sennheiser MX 470.
They're earbuds, with the following specs (i can't stand in-ear ones for long):

Frequency response: 18 - 20000 Hz
THD, total harmonic distortion < 0.5 %
Impedance: 16 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL): 119 dB
Jack plug: 3.5 mm angled
Cable length: 1.2 m symmetrical
Weight: 12 g
Ear coupling: intraaural
Transducer principle: dynamic

Wouldn't know how they compare to headset ones but i wouldn't want those to walk on the streets with anyway, i look ridiculous with those. :p The less they show, the better :)

About sound quality, well, these deliver a heavy kick when it comes to bass and sound quality, specially with voodoo sound 10 driver. If i'm using a well recorded mp3, i can set everything to maximum without losing sound quality with them (even bass), they sound downright amazing.
MUCH better than stock inear ones and trying iWhatever phones after these will just make you feel sad.

Bought them for about 25€.

betoNL

Hi, i have galaxy for awhile now and the stock earphones developed a really annoying clicking sound. So i'm thinking this might be a good time to buy a proper set of headphones.

In my country it's hard to have several quality options, so i'm limited to what we have (i don't feel like buying them from ebay or something).
I've been looking at these:

AKG K520

http://eu.akg.com/tl_files/catalog//AKG/AKG/Spec%20sheet/Home/Specification%20Sheet%20-%20K%20520%20(English).pdf

Could someone advise me if they're comfortable and have a good sound? I really don't know how to evaluate them, i never had good headphones.

At home i have a pair of Pioneer SE-M290 and i'm happy with that quality level, i don't know if it's possible to find affordable headphones like that for my SGS.

TY and sorry for the long text.

Read first post, I am quite satisfied with the one I posted....

And then keep on reading the other suggestions posted on this thread...

Choices enough

Solid_Snake.Pt

Apr 16, 2011
Read first post, I am quite satisfied with the one I posted....

And then keep on reading the other suggestions posted on this thread...

Choices enough

I read the entire post, my problem is that the headphones you suggest are uncomfortable and not what i'm looking for. I was hoping that someone had bought these headphones and could help me.

And i said that in my country i don't have half the options that you have, but thank you for the useful information.

kaynpayn

Aug 30, 2010
I read the entire post, my problem is that the headphones you suggest are uncomfortable and not what i'm looking for. I was hoping that someone had bought these headphones and could help me.

And i said that in my country i don't have half the options that you have, but thank you for the useful information.

i've seen from your name you may be from portugal. If you are, well, my choice is easily available to you (or anything from sennheiser, actually) since i'm from PT as well. :)
Not entirely sure what you were looking for. I've tried some from AKG and even sony before. Beautiful package but sound didn't impress me much (can't remember the model but they were on the same price range as my senn mx470). Sennheiser always sounded more "natural" to me than anything else.

Solid_Snake.Pt

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks for the input, the specs look pretty good.

But I was trying to buy headphones, I'm afraid to buy a set that will hurt my ears and because if that will only be used 10 minutes each time.
And these looked pretty comfy, but I just might give up and buy something else. (they re also kind of expensive for me)

But thank you for your opinion, I'll have a better look at the sennheiser :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

DMD9

Oct 20, 2010
If you find true in-ear buds uncomfortable try these...

If, like me, you can't stand true in-ear buds, have a look at these, http://www.sony.ie/product/hpa-in-ear-classic/mdr-ed21lp#pageType=Overview
I've seen them online for under €15, and though they are cheap, they sound amazing with voodoo sound/FLAC or mp3. They are way more comfortable than the current crop of regular buds, I've often worn them for over 3 hours at a time and barely noticed them. They have plenty of bass, and are extremely portable. Been using them for 10+ years, nothing else I've tried in the buds range has been as comfortable, or sounded as good for the price. Trust me, these are well worth a look.

Driver Unit 16mm
Sensitivity 108dB/mW
Power Handling Capacity 0.05W
Impedance 16ohms
Frequency Response 8-23,000Hz

At home I use Sennheiser HD485's.
I also have a pair of the original Sennheiser PX-100's and actually prefer the sound from the little Sony's.
I've yet to find any kind of music that doesn't sound great with them, and plan to order another couple of pairs as spares.

Read some more reviews here, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-ED...NK3L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317422248&sr=8-1 , they're also going at a great price!

More reviews and a good price,
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...le-Headphones/Product.html#CustomerReviewsTab

Last edited:

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
The term 'earbuds' is fairly clear. What precisely do the words headphone and headset mean?

I think 'in-ear,' 'on-ear,' and 'over the ear' should be required for use as part of any Model name to clearly define the device.

_breez_

Apr 25, 2011
Belgium
I use Pioneer SE-MJ21 headset in combination with my Galaxy S.
You can get it for about 30€

Specs (link):
Type: Street Move Stereo headphones for outdoor use
Frequency Response: 12 - 22,000 Hz
Impedance: 32 Ω
Maximum Input Power: 500 mW
Sensitivity: 103 dB
Driver Unit Diameter: 40 mm
Plug: 3.5 mm, mini-plug (gold plated)
Cable Length: 1.2 m
Features:
- Available in black or white
- Large 40mm driver unit simulated leather ear pads
- Thin-style housing design
- Foldable construction
Weight: 105 g

T0rchlight

Nov 2, 2010
Yes! Finally the AKG K430 arrived, the sound quality is SUPERB. I never expect there will be good headphone < 40 euro. Now I'm surprised, now my phone is fully loaded Joe Hisaishi soundtracks. With Neutron player and Voodoo sound, perfect match!

This headphone in my country (Malaysia) reseller sells it at RM500, which means 100€. As I mention before I got it in eBay for 30€ which only costs me RM150! Very satisfied!

betoNL

Yes! Finally the AKG K430 arrived, the sound quality is SUPERB. I never expect there will be good headphone < 40 euro. Now I'm surprised, now my phone is fully loaded Joe Hisaishi soundtracks. With Neutron player and Voodoo sound, perfect match!

This headphone in my country (Malaysia) reseller sells it at RM500, which means 100€. As I mention before I got it in eBay for 30€ which only costs me RM150! Very satisfied!

Nice to hear....

Never heard about that Neutron player btw...
Gonna try it

.:Crack:.

Oct 13, 2010
Sup?
I'm looking for some Headphones til $80 and am quite interested in the koss ProDJ100 but I've heard they need to be driven by a powerful device like Zune HD or similar. I do not want to buy a amp, thats the problem.
So how powerful is our device in terms of driving headphones?

impedance: 38 Ohm
freq: 10-25000
99dB

I know specs don't say much at all but i hope you can help me!

And can you recommend me some other phones?
Looked at:
akg k518le/dj
koss prodj100
koss ur55

betoNL

Sup?
I'm looking for some Headphones til $80 and am quite interested in the koss ProDJ100 but I've heard they need to be driven by a powerful device like Zune HD or similar. I do not want to buy a amp, thats the problem.
So how powerful is our device in terms of driving headphones?

impedance: 38 Ohm
freq: 10-25000
99dB

I know specs don't say much at all but i hope you can help me!

And can you recommend me some other phones?
Looked at:
akg k518le/dj
koss prodj100
koss ur55

I tried a bunch of expensive and less expensive earphones/headsets in the last years...
I am sticking with the AKG K430 which is IMO the best within the price/quality ratio

The thing is that the ones you mentioned are more expensive and in theory they should be better than the AKG K430.....but... are they?
Probably not

Last edited:

leveliciouz

Feb 10, 2011
I'm using the klipsch s4 image
And i just can recommend them
The best headphones i've ever head
You can get them in amazon for 50 up to 60€
Why pay 60€?
Because they can even compete with headphones that cost up to 200€

I think the klipsch s5 have the same drivers and i think they cost about 120-150€
I think that says all

But it's pretty hard to recommend headphones for other people because everyone hears different(i know it sounds weird).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Reactions: betoNL

betoNL

Isn't there a headset which will even serve the purpose of having a microphone in it!?

Well...we are concentrating more on sound quality and not on extra features but on my sgs times I got the samsung adapter which was working great with my AKG.

I paid 8 box including shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

You can use it with any headset, keeping all functions like call button (also for FF stop and play music) and as an extra bonus a volume up/down slider button

1270931717544_1147.jpg

Unhappily it is not working that good on my GNote .....

.:Crack:.

Oct 13, 2010
Hey,
I'm about to buy the Superlux HD 330...
My Problem is that it's impedance is 150 Ohms... Do you think your SGS can drive these properly without an AMP?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JVC HA-FX1 Extreme Explosive Bass
    27640.JPG

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz!:D
    10mm large diaphragm neodymium driver units and Extreme Deep Basse Ports deliver ultimate bass sound
    Rubber protectors for body durability
    Superior sound isolation
    Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form and three sizes of silicone ear-pieces
    2.6mm-thick and robust 1.2m pure copper cable (Y-type)
    Special hard carrying case included
    S/M/L silicone ear-pieces included
    Gold-plated 3.5mm stereo straight plug
    iPod, iphone and iPad compatible
    I guess that everything is about the role of every specification, for instance, i always searched for a headset with high sensitivity and in this field the AKG headsets/phones are the leader.

But what impendance means exactly? Cause the Koss Portapro you mentioned got the higher value of them all, but is that a good thing or bad? Specially for in-ear headsets......

If you want you can PM some good links and I will post them for you

Thanks

To be quite honest I really dont know what the majority of those terms mean in terms of headphones. I just assumed most of you knew what you were talking about so I decided to include those values :p my apologies

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but:

Frequency Response: Basically the range of a headset. To what extent it can produce frequencies on both high and low ends.(Bass and Treble)

Impedance: From my understanding, impedance is somewhat related to resistance. the higher the impedance, the lower the maximum volume possible and vice-versa. But high quality headphones boast high impedance values. I suppose this can mean less possible noise and clearer sound quality overall.

As for the Koss portapros, they are headphones. Not in-ear plugs.extremely comfortable, and sometimes I even forget I'm wearing them. Good sound overall
    Well, the essence of this thread , to find the best value earphone, which is a difficult task, specially on this budget, but not impossible....

Hard to say, but we can at least compare the specs:

So while the more expensive Denon got just a little wider frequency response, the AKG got higher sensitivity/Impedance, but once again, quite a good frequency response for a headphone with that price !

And the K430, also comes with a case. extra adapter and got a volume slider!

Just wanted to say that, at least in the case of headphones, the specs matters very very little . (Especially the freq response).

Best value ? Easy answer: SoundMagic PL30 !
    http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=294

Those are better than everything else I have tried under 60€.

If you don't like IEMs, Sennheiser PX100 are of great value also.

For 20 bucks, I agree that PL30, is really good , [ I own one] especially if you are not too fond of bass-heavy earphones. But, there will surely be quite a few phones better than it in sub-50 $ range, I believe. Brainwavz M2 trumps PL30 , IMO.
    for me, im quite satisfied with the sony mdr-ex50

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz
    Impedance 16ohms at 1kHz
    Magnet Neodymium
    Sensitivity 100dB/mW
    Power Handling Capacity 100mW
    I'm using the klipsch s4 image
    And i just can recommend them
    The best headphones i've ever head
    You can get them in amazon for 50 up to 60€
    Why pay 60€?
    Because they can even compete with headphones that cost up to 200€

I think the klipsch s5 have the same drivers and i think they cost about 120-150€
    I think that says all

But it's pretty hard to recommend headphones for other people because everyone hears different(i know it sounds weird).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App