No registration required
Thread Closed

Samsung Galaxy Gio gt-s5660 | Firmware Releases ,Custom Roms , Rooting

OP waqasshahzad1986

1st January 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #2261  
Thanks Meter: 57

246 posts
More
Ok .. and the best custom rom is? I just wanna know, for now i have giopro 1.2.. and i wanna incress battery life, and maybe to not have "lag".
Btw HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1st January 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #2262  
Thanks Meter: 55

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreim3

Ok .. and the best custom rom is? I just wanna know, for now i have giopro 1.2.. and i wanna incress battery life, and maybe to not have "lag".
Btw HAPPY NEW YEAR!

i give-up official and "custom" roms because of unlock lag.
I use now Cyanogenmod 7.2rc1 and it's way better tan stock rom. (cm7.1rc3 works seamlessly well, once you put the correct patches )
1st January 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #2263  

246 posts
More
damn.. i have a problem here : i just flash my gio with a custom rom, and now i wanna go back to giopro 1.2 but the phone is freeez at welcome message "GALAXY Gio pro Gt- S5660" someone know what happend? :| i hope i can make it work, he didn want to work..
1st January 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #2264  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 10

192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreim3

damn.. i have a problem here : i just flash my gio with a custom rom, and now i wanna go back to giopro 1.2 but the phone is freeez at welcome message "GALAXY Gio pro Gt- S5660" someone know what happend? :| i hope i can make it work, he didn want to work..

Why you didnt made nandroid backup? Download mode works?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk
1st January 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #2265  

246 posts
More
yes it works and i can flash with any rom.. but stay freez at that startup message after i flash.. i dont know what happend
Last edited by andreim3; 1st January 2012 at 10:29 PM.
1st January 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #2266  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 277

542 posts
Donate to Me
More
Get into CWM Recovery, do a factory reset, then flash with a Rom via Odin or CWM.
Factory reset is a quite importatnt but usually cancelled step...
The Following User Says Thank You to shiftyHungary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #2267  

246 posts
More
now ive installed simplygio but stay at bootimg.. for a long time, i think im gonna go for a stock rom because this customs roms are awfull.. how much to wait Odin say : Pass but it takes in this mode from 10 min..

HEHEHEHE WORKS! When reset data wipe chace the phone is still rooted?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

i dont understand why after a flash with giopro 1.2 the phone sill stay at bootimg.. i will levea like this until tomorro.. btw stardard rom works..but i don like it..

Everything its ok now.
Last edited by andreim3; 2nd January 2012 at 05:11 PM.
19th January 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #2268  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I have a problem with my ear jack, sometimes you do not hear the phone stays silent for the phone working again, I have to plug and unplug the headphones, the problem is that the spare ear jack in my country is not fully achieved someone has any idea how to fix the bad connection?
27th January 2012, 11:28 AM   |  #2269  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqasshahzad1986

Flashing Samsung Galaxy gio using ODIN

FOR MULTI FILE Firmware Package( example: APBOOT,CODE,MODEM,CSC)

Download ODIN 4.42
NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches.
1. Extract and Run Samsung S5660 Galaxy Gio ODIN 4.42 Downloader on your Desktop.
2. Open ODIN and Click OPS button and select and load: Gio_v1.0.ops
If you want to flash single file(.tar) click on Single package and locate the single .tar file in single package option . skip to step 7
3. Click BOOT button and select and load: APBOOT_S5660xxxxx_CL940762_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
4. Click PDA button and select and load: CODE_S5660xxxxx_CL940762_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
5. Click PHONE button and select: MODEM_S5660xxxxx_CL928654_REV03.tar.md5
6. Click CSC button and select: GT-S5660-MULTI-CSC-Oxxxxx.tar.md5
7. Turn the Samsung Galaxy Gio into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power ) together.
8. Connect Cable phone to pc Make sure that the program detect the phone.
9. Click Start button if all set and ready,and wait until the program will finished downloading files. A word PASS! will appear if the flashing successfully completes.
The phone will then reboot,you can check and confirm the newly downloaded firmware version by typing *#1234# and then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855#

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Single package .tar file follow this
Download ODIN 4.42
NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches.
1. Extract and Run Samsung S5660 Galaxy Gio ODIN 4.42 Downloader on your Desktop
2. Open ODIN and Click OPS button and select and load: Gio_v1.0.ops
3. click on Single package On ODIN
4. Now click on last option single package and locate the single .tar file
5. Turn the Samsung Galaxy Gio into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power ) together.
6. Connect Cable phone to pc Make sure that the program detect the phone.
7. Click Start button if all set and ready,and wait until the program will finished downloading files. A word PASS! will appear if the flashing successfully completes.
The phone will then reboot,you can check and confirm the newly downloaded firmware version by typing *#1234# and then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855#

done all that, but odin stuck at "setup connection..."
i tried reinstalling usb driver, uninstall and reinstall kies, tried on every usb port on my pc, etc... but it still happens.. help?
5th February 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #2270  
Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 5,375

4,150 posts
Donate to Me
More
Closed By OP's Request

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom firmware, cyanogenmod galaxy gio, galaxy gio, gt-s5660, hacking, phone ! computer screen, rooting
Previous Thread Next Thread