Charge and battery life problems

OP collin911

6th February 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 19

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmichna

You mean the solution did not work for you? What happened when you tried?

The solution has been tested on the HTC Legend, but it may well work on other types of phones just as well.

No i have not tried the solution given in the above posts but i have tried various other method given on the atrix forum but nothing worked for me so what is the main reason of this issue is it hardware or software.

From where i can download the Battery moniter by simmo bcoz can't find it on the market can u send me a link of the app.
11th April 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
battery monitor by simmo
hello,
I had the same problem couldn't find battery monitor by simmo. Turns out the latest version only works on more recent Android 4.0 systems. If you google for "google play" on your phone and pick to open with browser rather than play and search for "sim2k" simmo's new name you can find the app. In the description there is a link to DropBox for an earlier verison of the application. It says Android 2.3 but I've used on 2.2 and it works fine. You have to go into your settings and allow installing applications from non market sources.
jon
The Following User Says Thank You to jon_kennedy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2012, 09:46 PM   |  #73  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 37

204 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Thanks for this very useful info! I have merged it into http://winhlp.com/node/876 as well, to have all needed info in one place.
The Following User Says Thank You to hgmichna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 08:26 AM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:

Thanks for this very useful info! I have merged it into winhlp com/node/876 as well, to have all needed info in one place.

Cheers! Yes I was going to add a comment to that page to explain what I did, but had to wait for my account to be authorised. Cheers man!
15th April 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hello everyone
I have some strange problem: can't remove battery from device. It was easy to remove it month ago, but now it don't want to slide away.
Then, it very slowly charges from network. ~50%/night, but if reboot, it will say that 100%.
Loses energy very fast (3-4 hours)then, turns off when ~30%
Calibration not helped
Wiping battery stats not helped too
what to do?
15th April 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #76  
Flag Munich

204 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomis

I have some strange problem: can't remove battery from device. It was easy to remove it month ago, but now it don't want to slide away.
Then, it very slowly charges from network. ~50%/night, but if reboot, it will say that 100%.
Loses energy very fast (3-4 hours)then, turns off when ~30%
Calibration not helped
Wiping battery stats not helped too
what to do?

Be careful. If the charging electronics failed and are now overcharging the battery, it is possible that the battery is bulging from internal gas production. In the very worst case it could explode. This has happened before. (Hello, Apple.)

Which type of phone do you have? Please write that into your user profile here, so you don't have to explain it every time.
The Following User Says Thank You to hgmichna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #77  

3 posts
More
Quote:

Be careful. If the charging electronics failed and are now overcharging the battery, it is possible that the battery is bulging from internal gas production. In the very worst case it could explode. This has happened before. (Hello, Apple.)

Which type of phone do you have? Please write that into your user profile here, so you don't have to explain it every time.

explode O_O and what should i do? is it on warranty after rooting?
(HTC Legend, Fuse2)
15th April 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #78  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 107

638 posts
More
Warranty void. But if for whatever reason you need to claim it, unroot again and go back to stock!

As for removing a battery, try using the red battery removal mechanism. You never mentioned it, so I'm suggesting it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asovse1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #79  

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asovse1

red battery removal mechanism.

what's this? please, tell more, google search gives no info
15th April 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #80  
Flag Munich

204 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by Pomis

explode O_O and what should i do? is it on warranty after rooting?
(HTC Legend, Fuse2)

It is possible that a pure hardware failure is still covered by the warranty, regardless of whether the phone is rooted or not.

But in the worst case you could unroot it and put an older stock Android on it again, one of the RUU packages. The procedure is similar to the rooting process.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread