Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos US 4G Nightlies (Stingray4G/MZ602)

Tip us?

johnny0911
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
That's how I do it, too. I turn the clock off, hit the power button, and sometime during the night the darn thing comes back on to my lock screen. Very annoying as it tends to wake me up when it does that. I have no idea what could be causing this.
I also have no idea what could be causing the issue, maybe a faulty connection in the dock.

SamuriHL
Old
Thanks Meter 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny0911 View Post
I also have no idea what could be causing the issue, maybe a faulty connection in the dock.
That's definitely possible. I wish I knew.

dtrud0h
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Lightbulb Regarding backlight turning on involuntarily

Do you happen to have never sleep enabled in the development settings? I do use the charging light setting and notice that occasionally it will cycle between charged and charging. I'm wondering if as the battery cycles from charged to charging it triggers the screen to come awake. ( or the other way around, whatever the case may be.)

Just a thought.
XOOM-MZ602-- Team EOS 4G V.1.0
Gapps-v10.5

Blazing Fast.

Mofo/Electrify MB855 --Jokersax CM10- Touchwiz recovery
Moto/Electrify M XT901 -- Unlocked and rooted
Moto X - Unlocked U.S Cellular

SamuriHL
Old
Thanks Meter 1261
It's not likely to be the battery charge state since I keep it on the dock most of the time. So I really don't know. I do have the stay awake option checked, but, if I manually shut the screen off using the power button it should stay off. So something weird's going on there.

REHolt218
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
It's not likely to be the battery charge state since I keep it on the dock most of the time. So I really don't know. I do have the stay awake option checked, but, if I manually shut the screen off using the power button it should stay off. So something weird's going on there.
Folks have reported similar issues on the gtab ics rom. They traced it to the GPS. Try turning gps off tonight and see if it still wakes up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REHolt218 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SamuriHL
Old
Thanks Meter 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218 View Post
Folks have reported similar issues on the gtab ics rom. They traced it to the GPS. Try turning gps off tonight and see if it still wakes up.
Thanks. I appreciate that. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Schaweet
Old
Thanks Meter 158
So I finally took the leap and unlocked/rooted/installed this rom. I am sooooooo glad I did. Look forward to hanging in here for a while.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

SamuriHL
Old
Thanks Meter 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218 View Post
Still woke up last night with GPS turned off. No idea what causes it. Sigh.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
Moto X Developer Edition

paulfm
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This Rom has been a great improvement to my Xoom. I feel like I have a new piece of hardware. The only question/problem that I'm having is that I can't seem to figure out how to save a bookmark in the stock browser. I have searched extensively and I can see that the option should be available in ICS but it doesn't seem to exist on this version.

I have a selection for "Bookmarks" but that just takes me to the already saved ones. When I look at demo's on other products there is an option to ""Save Bookmark". Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but I have searched the best I could.

I am running Nightly 39 which has been stable as a rock for me. No reboots, No FCs, No Problems.

CUProf
Old
(Last edited by CUProf; 7th February 2012 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfm View Post
This Rom has been a great improvement to my Xoom. I feel like I have a new piece of hardware. The only question/problem that I'm having is that I can't seem to figure out how to save a bookmark in the stock browser. I have searched extensively and I can see that the option should be available in ICS but it doesn't seem to exist on this version.

I have a selection for "Bookmarks" but that just takes me to the already saved ones. When I look at demo's on other products there is an option to ""Save Bookmark". Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but I have searched the best I could.

I am running Nightly 39 which has been stable as a rock for me. No reboots, No FCs, No Problems.
All you need to do is click the star at the end of the web address bar and a pop up window appears allowing me to save the bookmark. I am then able to find the new bookmarks in the bookmark where the already saved ones are as well. Hope this helps.
Phone: Galaxy S3 VZW
ROM: SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Multiwindow | PDroid |

Tablet: Motorola Xoom LTE VZW
ROM: ICS - Team EOS Stingray4G/MZ602 Nightly - Gapps 10.5
Kernel: 2.6.39.4-Tiamat-3.0.13-stockgpu-00006-g6587026 chris@Kappa #1
So fast... So smooth... So love Team EOS

Tags
eos, mz602