Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 40,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: HD7 with WP7. Like or dislike?
Great HTC device and great Microsoft OS. 430 53.09%
Great HTC device but Poor Microsoft OS. 243 30.00%
Poor HTC device but great Microsoft OS. 92 11.36%
Both HTC device and Microsoft OS are bad. 45 5.56%
Voters: 810. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: HD7 and WP7 Pros and Cons. Share your thoughts and vote.

Tip us?

htchd7_tmob
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Love the phone with the exception of the battery. Love the OS but hate the battery. I switched from iOS because its Apple and I wanted something different. Driod is nice, but nothing great. People whine about the limited number of apps. How many apps on your phone that you really need and actually use? I can understand it if there is some special GPS boating app that must run on iOS or Driod, but get with it. Each day I see more apps being published in the Marketplace and it is looking pretty good.

Hate the battery life on my HD7.

Double_O_Rizer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
love this device a lot specs are very nice but battery drains a lot. Some games are nice but some are not. Same with apps. There are features that are not present to its OS WP7 that are present to other devices. Still needs to be hacked before you can use some features like BT filetransfer, file explorer and etc. Well, I can wait for so long to see its future development.

menollonem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The only real gripe i have with WP7 is that it only plays MP4s and WMVs. any home-cinefile knows the best way to organise your movies is to have them on a computer and the most common format for that is AVI. great compression with minimal quality loss. if WP7 could play that, that would be epic! i'm still surprised no one has made an app for it yet (as far as i know). do people not feel like that 4.3 inch screen is going to waste?

scoderx0e
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Love the OS,metro UI feels amazing,but lacks quality apps and games.Device is Top Notch.

prettylime
Old
Thanks Meter 0
HTC HD7 in my opinion:

HARDWARE:
Pros:
- screen is great. very big and bright. If you will use the phone under the direct sunlight, make sure you set it to the brightest.

-kickstand is a good feature that takes advantage of the big screen, Since if your watching a video for about 45mins, the phone gets uncomfortably hot. and you can just put it on top of the table.

-Earpiece is clear. no distortions. same goes for the mouthpiece.

-Camera with dual led flash works awesome and takes good pictures.

-fast processor which is useful in multi-tasking

Cons
-Battery: very poor performance for the battery. Runs pretty hot when you are using your phone specially when multitasking

- speakers are below average in terms of quality when playing music. ( it might be because of the surround sound feature)

- The speakerlooking lines on the upper and lower side of the phone attracts dust which is very hard to clean.

-storage is limited to 16GB (asia) (no external storage available)

SOFTWARE
PROs
- Windows phone 7.5 mango in general works great on this phone.

-Works well with the feature of integrating social networking sites

- tiles look and work great

-camera software has a built-in auto fix

-You can share your pictures direct to social networking sites.

-built-in preset equalizer

-marketplace for apps

-zune music software looks great (personal preference)

-internet explorer is very fast and can do multiple tabs ( up to 5 i believe)

-battery saver has detailed information

CONs
-Windows 7 mango still needs alot of apps (games and other stuff)

- Cannot customize ringtones for calls and message ( you need to download an app to customize for the calls only)

-The led notifications cannot be customized

-sometimes the phonebook has problems searching for names.

-Cannot back up contacts and other files (I really dont know how to do it. If somebody can teach me, that would be great)

-cannot put some of the shortcuts on tiles (brightness, etc)

-important informations are very small and you cannot set it to diplay permanently (battery life, time signal, wireless)

-cannot send files using bluetooth.

Conclusion:

I should rate this phone like 7/10. very good specs and I know there is alot of room for improvements in terms of the OS. I chose this over an android or IOS since Android is too common and IOS, I dont prefer IOS or apple products. too expensive for a limited budget like me.

curtlupid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks

posancua
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks

JackFetter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
After using WP7 for a year (yes, I was there during Nodo too) I'm bored of it. I'm going back to Android (A GALAXY Note ). They really needed to offer more on the customisation front, since it gets very boring after a while.

joe-khalil
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i bought my htc hd7 like 4 month ago! and i love'd it! i flushed the deepshinning rom now and running great! but i would like to dual boot it with android !!!

so can anyone help me with that????????