Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

EVO 4G hits Sprint's EOL list... :(

Tip us?

DatFiyaBoricua
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The OG EVO black and white were both EOL'ed in Oct., along with the OG Epic. If HTC doesn't do something about this lawsuit Apple won, you won't even be seeing any HTC's. I on the otherhand love my EVO and had no problems at all and this is my original phone. I been seen ppl filing insurance claims in hopes of getting a EVO 3d. In my opinion, any self respecting OG EVO owner wanting a 3d needs to choke they self. That's a clear downgrade. I wanted an Epic Touch until I found out Sprint was moving to LTE. I shall rock my OG faithfully til the new LTE phones hit the Sprint stores, oops I mean Best Buy. No Sprint customer in their right mind should be buying their phones from Sprint.

Sent from my Sinister Powered OG EVO using xda premium

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
Thanks Meter 3,495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatFiyaBoricua View Post
The OG EVO black and white were both EOL'ed in Oct., along with the OG Epic. If HTC doesn't do something about this lawsuit Apple won, you won't even be seeing any HTC's. I on the otherhand love my EVO and had no problems at all and this is my original phone. I been seen ppl filing insurance claims in hopes of getting a EVO 3d. In my opinion, any self respecting OG EVO owner wanting a 3d needs to choke they self. That's a clear downgrade. I wanted an Epic Touch until I found out Sprint was moving to LTE. I shall rock my OG faithfully til the new LTE phones hit the Sprint stores, oops I mean Best Buy. No Sprint customer in their right mind should be buying their phones from Sprint.

Sent from my Sinister Powered OG EVO using xda premium
The only way I'd ever want a 3d phone is if they use true theater 3d technology, yes the clear glasses make u look like a nerd but that format of 3d is by far the best out it actually looks 3d and not holographic

We are legion, for we are many.

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,090

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EViL-KoNCEPTz- View Post
The only way I'd ever want a 3d phone is if they use true theater 3d technology, yes the clear glasses make u look like a nerd but that format of 3d is by far the best out it actually looks 3d and not holographic

The 'holographic' is more like an augmented reality, along the lines of what the 3DS uses for '3D', though it does take 3D pictures.
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

just_a_warning
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I wold like to see HTC and sprint come out with a true predecessor to the EVO 4g. 3D technology gives me a headache and isn't practical. I'll buy a Nintendo ds or something if i want that.
What I want is another phone that works like the EVO does without problems.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
Thanks Meter 3,495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz View Post
The 'holographic' is more like an augmented reality, along the lines of what the 3DS uses for '3D', though it does take 3D pictures.
That s#!t gave me a headache and the pictures were a pain in the ass to take a nice looking pic like hey guys hold still for 2 mins in great light so I don't end up with 2 of each of you in my photo lol

Keyz450
Old
Thanks Meter 4
does anyone know, whats the replacement OG gonna be?

Jeffro1010
Old
Thanks Meter 6
the coming HTC Edge will definitely replace my E4G... due to release in Q1 or Q2 2012 with specs like 4.7" screen and Tegra 3 quad core me likee what I've been reading...

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium

stm8
Old
Thanks Meter 6
My Google-Fu must be weak. I can't find many details on the HTC Edge.

I am intrigued, however.

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2,810
lol ...I

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

Tags
eol, evo4g