Ask a question

No registration required

New Android handheld gaming console

OP 10basetom

30th January 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 102

473 posts
Donate to Me
Seems this can happen to other devices as well.

Here's what a user managed to do to fix it:

Quote:

figured out how to get around all those lock ups and bricks that plague the Ally! If you are stuck in a loop and can't get to a recovery screen this is what you do.

1. Take out the battery.

2. Take out the SD Card.

3. Hold down the Up/Down Volume, Home, and Power button for 10 seconds.

4. Leaving out the battery and SD Card still plug in the charger cable and turn it on normally by pressing the power button. It should cycle and viola! You are back in business!

http://androidforums.com/lg-ally/161...safe-mode.html

You can only remove the SD card, but see if it works.
You can try a factory reset from the privacy settings. Maybe after that you can get into boot loader.

P.S. Might also want tot try this: https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1...very+safe+mode

You shouldn't give up. Clearly there must be a button combination similar to those I described. Also make sure the buttons work (test in booted android) and that you are firm when pressing them. Being a new device you gotta press harder on them.
Last edited by nemuro; 30th January 2012 at 04:39 PM.
31st January 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 10

80 posts
Holding various combinations of buttons while plugging in a USB cable to a computer does not work either. Yes, all the buttons work and I am sure I am engaging them fully. This is not my first dance

The only button that doesn't work on my unit is the recessed reset button on the bottom. Holding this button in for any amount of time does nothing. Should my G18 ever truly lock up, I will not be able to do anything but let the battery run down.
1st February 2012, 09:45 AM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 102

473 posts
Donate to Me
I am sorry I couldn't help you out. Have you tried installing (after rooting) some kind of app that can allow you to choose reboot to recovery? It might not work so well because from what I have seen reboot acts as a shut down.

I would ask for my money back if I were you. Try specifying you have something of different specs and if you feel this way as well, I would go for the a10 updated version.
1st February 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Waiting for my A10 to come in, hopefully it's a worthy upgrade.
Not only with a better screen but a higher clocked CPU/GPU to have things run smoother.
10th February 2012, 09:22 AM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 6

91 posts
Since the Yinlips looks like a PS Vita, is it sized exactly the same? Wondering about PSV cases on eBay for the Yinlips?

Also, if buying what should I make sure I get.. whats the latest/greatest version/model please?

Thanks
17th February 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #136  

5 posts
Hey Nemuro, you've turned the brightness DOWN? I have a new Yinlips with 2.3.4 and the screen is so dark I can barely see indoors and the screen is literally invisible outdoors.

Of course I have turned Brightness all the way up in Settings but that does barely a thing. Is my unit faulty? Thanks!
23rd February 2012, 12:13 AM   |  #137  
Thanks Meter: 11

280 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candre23

Holding various combinations of buttons while plugging in a USB cable to a computer does not work either. Yes, all the buttons work and I am sure I am engaging them fully. This is not my first dance

The only button that doesn't work on my unit is the recessed reset button on the bottom. Holding this button in for any amount of time does nothing. Should my G18 ever truly lock up, I will not be able to do anything but let the battery run down.

The Amlogic chipset this is built on is virtually unbrickable - given the right button presses, it will load firmware recover files form SD card. Try putting the firmware update files on the device and hold power button for two whole minutes or until it has booted recovery (or fully into Android lockscreen). Then try the same, but press power + Volume up, and hold them the same time.
23rd February 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #138  

5 posts
What about the new updated Yinlips G18 with Android 2.3.4 and Allwinners A10 chip? How can we put that into recovery mode?
28th February 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #139  

3 posts
I hope very much that someone can answer that question because I got the new updated yinlips g18 today and apparetly I bricked it. All it does now is the screen says yinlips and it sits there, I'm nearly heart broken I should have at least enjoyed the thing before I decided to tamper with it.
28th February 2012, 08:22 AM   |  #140  
Flag hartford
Thanks Meter: 45

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedragoon

I hope very much that someone can answer that question because I got the new updated yinlips g18 today and apparetly I bricked it. All it does now is the screen says yinlips and it sits there, I'm nearly heart broken I should have at least enjoyed the thing before I decided to tamper with it.

No recovery or nothing? Can't flash the stock image?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ydpg18
Previous Thread Next Thread