Thanks Meter 796
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hungary, Gy-M-S.
Originally Posted by DaxIΠFIΠITY
I dont get it, can u tell slowly... This is my specs of the computer...
Acer Aspire 4736G
Intel Core 2 Duo P8800 (2.66gHz, 1066mHz FSB)
nVidia GeForce G105M
4 GB Memory RAM
500 GB HDD
-- Windows 8 2.1GB/41.0GB
-- Windows 7 138GB/208GB
-- Data 54.1GB/216GB
And my battery is dead, so it might die.. I was thinking of repartition Windows 8 disk..
Do the following:
- on windows run the Ubuntu CD. The installing can be performed automatically.
But take care, which partition Ubuntu will choose. If it choose a windows part. or the install process can't go on, do these:
- download a partition Manager like Easeus and install it!
- Yo should have max. 4 primary partition and the others should be logically
- check the partition table?
- win8: should be prim. part.
- win7: should be prim. part.
- data: check if prim. or log. part??
- you have 40 GB. free space. It must be log. part.
- From this 40 GB. should be a partition ( 2 GB.) for swap partition and 38 GB. for linux. The both should be EXT 4.
- Apply these changes and reboot!
- on windows put Ubuntu-CD in and run!
ROM - JB 4.2
Modem - XXJVT
(If a thing is worth doing at all it's worth doing well.)