Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

root 2.3.4,downgrade,and s-off

OP scotty1223

10th February 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
you by chance can put the files somewhere else? multiupload is down.. or have alternate download locations?
11th February 2012, 02:46 AM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 37

15 posts
@scotty1223 - thanks so much for this guide! It worked perfectly and I was finally able to fix the low space error. I used part of your writeup in a guide I wrote (with full credit to you of course!), take a look and let me know if this is OK: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1488351
The Following User Says Thank You to soniclude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #153  
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
@scotty1223 - or anyone else that can answer my problem.

I'm trying to root my friends DInc but I am running into a problem. I own a rooted Samsung Fascinate so I am somewhat familiar with rooting.

Back to the issue. I installed the modified drives on my computer for the DInc, downloaded unrevoked 3.22, and CW 5.0.2.0. The other 2 files, mini-adb inc & PB31IMG I can't download, multiupload isn't working.

I ran Revoked with CW 5.0.2.0, everything seemed to be fine. When Unrevoked finished the phone was in CWM (black with blue words). When I would try to do anything in CWM it would freeze. I restarted the phone and installed ROM manager and checked to see if it had SU Permissions. SU Permissions f/c's every time. I even tried to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery in Rom Manager which fails when it needs permission from SU.

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Also do I need to have S-Off in order to downgrade? Even though I am still having problems with SU can I perform a downgrade. And lastly how can I get the mini-adb inc & PB31IMG for 2.2

thanks,
Justin

~This is going to take crackerjack timing Wang~
11th February 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #154  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

what are you trying to do exactly? no part of this guide requires you to flash a rom. so if youre tryingto root,be more specific what youre having trouble with, and if this is just a general question about flashing roms,you might do some research and/or post a new thread where more people will see it

Is good room
11th February 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #155  
Thanks Meter: 2,036

5,595 posts
More
Hey guys, if you are having trouble downloading the mini adb file from the OP, Scotty1223 has another download on page 20 of his Android Forum thread.

You can download the Froyo (Android 2.2) PB31IMG.zip if you navigate to this site: "http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=22"

FYI, this is a very resourceful site so please bookmark it for future reference. I believe that is everything else that you guys need. Please thank Scotty1223 not me, as he has put this awesome thread together for both communities. Follow the same directions in his OP and you should be fine.
Last edited by SlimSnoopOS; 11th February 2012 at 08:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2012, 08:15 PM   |  #156  
Thanks Meter: 59

206 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Hey guys, if you are having trouble downloading the mini adb file from the OP, Scotty1223 has another download on page 20 of his Android Forum thread.

You can download the Froyo (Android 2.2) PB31IMG.zip if you navigate to this site: "http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=22"

FYI, this is a very resourceful site so please bookmark it for future reference. I believe that is everything else that you guys need. Please thank Scotty1223 not me, as he has put this awesome thread together for both communities. Follow the same directions in his OP and you should be fine.

Thanks, Slim. How about an alternative link to Unrevoked 3.22? I can provide mirrors for these files after I have them all, if necessary.
11th February 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #157  
Thanks Meter: 2,036

5,595 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatnight11

Thanks, Slim. How about an alternative link to Unrevoked 3.22? I can provide mirrors for these files after I have them all, if necessary.

Unfortunately I don't believe I have that file. When I get back from work tonight I'll see if I downloaded that onto my laptop but I doubt it.
13th February 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #158  
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
I'm still trying to figure out how to root my friend's DInc. I've followed all the steps but when I exit command prompt and put the phone into fastboot and select bootloader, the phone does not find the pb31IMG. I even changed the file name to PB31IMG.zip.

Also SuperUser for some reason f/c's. I've tried both methods listed in this posting. First with Unrevoked 3.2.2 and ADB, then with just ADB and zergRush. When I try the first method, I can't go past the command prompt adb shell. The instructions say that if a $ sign is in the command propmt to type SU and get permission on the phone. This wouldn't be a problem if SU wasn't f/c ing.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by pma7779; 13th February 2012 at 02:59 PM.
13th February 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #159  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,436

2,357 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Unfortunately I don't believe I have that file. When I get back from work tonight I'll see if I downloaded that onto my laptop but I doubt it.

it is mirrored on AF as well. ill add the links here,too. sorry its casued some fustration,but as i mentioned i dont make it to xda as often as i used to.
13th February 2012, 03:06 PM   |  #160  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,436

2,357 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pma7779

I'm still trying to figure out how to root my friend's DInc. I've followed all the steps but when I exit command prompt and put the phone into fastboot and select bootloader, the phone does not find the pb31IMG. I even changed the file name to PB31IMG.zip.

this is the most common error folks have. only 2 reasons a proper PxxxIMG file on the root of an SD card is not found by ANY phone:

1)not properly named(your phone must see PB31IMG.zip). its easy with windows to get 2 .zips,or not as often,no .zips.
solution:check your file on your phone with a file manager and see how its named.

2)sd card not properly formatted. it HAS to be FAT32. not FAT,or anything else.
solution: right click on sd card when mounted to PC,click properties. reformat if needed.

a couple other common errors for noobs,espeically concerning the inc,unzipping the PB31IMG,and putting it into internal phone storage instead of onto the sd card.

if you still have prollems after that,may want to search the AF thread,as its been addressed several times in the 20+pages there

Quote:

Also SuperUser for some reason f/c's. I've tried both methods listed in this posting. First with Unrevoked 3.2.2 and ADB, then with just ADB and zergRush. When I try the first method, I can't go past the command prompt adb shell. The instructions say that if a $ sign is in the command propmt to type SU and get permission on the phone. This wouldn't be a problem if SU wasn't f/c ing.

Any suggestions?

After using a few root apps,go back and clear data in settings/apps/manage apps/superuser

after trying to use him a few times the "clear data" wont be greyed out

Quote:

Also do I need to have S-Off in order to downgrade? Even though I am still having problems with SU can I perform a downgrade.

yes,you need superuser to downgrade. no,you do not need s-off,as the purpose of the dongrade is to get a baseband compatible with unrevokeds s-off patch. the above should give you root access. if not,you can downlaod the newest supuser and flash im in recovery: superuser 3.07
Last edited by scotty1223; 13th February 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread