Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[IRC] #HTC_MT4GS - Support Channel for MyTouch4G Slide

Tip us?

JKILO
Old
(Last edited by JKILO; 20th April 2012 at 12:02 PM.) Reason: everyone kangs :D sorry guys
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [IRC] #HTC_MT4GS - Support Channel for MyTouch4G Slide

Noticed you guys didn't have a support channel 24/7 in case people have issues with their device. I've set this up and granted I can't stay awake 24/7 I would like to see this community more involved. The more support you have for the community the more support for the phone So come in, chat, ask questions, its all up to you!

Server: irc.freenode.net:6667
Channel: #HTC_MT4GS
Browser: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=HTC_MT4GS

TEAM MiK
Since FEB 2011

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JKILO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Cool idea. Thanks.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

overhauling
Old
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Thank you for this !
The Boot Box Project - Boot Animations: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41827858
Device specific Boot Box threads: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Galaxy S4

Blue6IX
Old
Thanks Meter 1133

DONATE TO ME
This is a good idea.

I tried to connect last night through the device, but it wasn't working out too well.

Is there a recommended way to connect through the phone? Maybe an app that works through the T-Mo network?

Also - Since this has the potential to let people work things out much more quicly/easily... Can I request that if problems get solved or new information is discovered and there are no threads about it, can one be made after the fact?

Anyone who wasn't in the irc chatroom won't have access to that fix otherwise.
Nook Color: MicroSD info: Here and Here.

--> RTFM <-- | XDA Mantra - Spirit of XDA | ... Donations? Read this
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue6IX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yogi2010
Old
(Last edited by yogi2010; 5th February 2012 at 10:39 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX View Post
This is a good idea.

I tried to connect last night through the device, but it wasn't working out too well.

Is there a recommended way to connect through the phone? Maybe an app that works through the T-Mo network?

Also - Since this has the potential to let people work things out much more quicly/easily... Can I request that if problems get solved or new information is discovered and there are no threads about it, can one be made after the fact?

i signed in with the app AndroidIRC, no problem. seems to work better on wifi, but i've used it on the mobile network in the past. i believe the app is a couple bucks in the market.

it would make sense to me to post any discoveries found in the channel into these forums

edit: can't seem to connect to irc.freenode.net via the app while connected to the mobile network only. it keeps saying something about needing to identify via SASL to use this server.

JKILO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX View Post
This is a good idea.

thats fine ill log the chats in case something comes up

TEAM MiK
Since FEB 2011

Blue6IX
Old
Thanks Meter 1133

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi2010 View Post
i signed in with the app AndroidIRC, no problem. seems to work better on wifi, but i've used it on the mobile network in the past. i believe the app is a couple bucks in the market.

it would make sense to me to post any discoveries found in the channel into these forums

edit: can't seem to connect to irc.freenode.net via the app while connected to the mobile network only. it keeps saying something about needing to identify via SASL to use this server.
On a quick search, that's the only one with SASL support, which is where my problem was. When I get the chance to get market apps again it's on my buy list.

I tried to log in through the web page, but on the mobile it was no good on mobile network - I imagine it would be fine on the device through wifi and i'll try sometime. I have no trouble logging in through the webpage on a computer on a wifi network.

The last time I used IRC, mIRC was pretty new, so was my first brush with it over cellular networks. If you had no issues using that app then that'll probably be my answer for out and about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKILO View Post
thats fine ill log the chats in case something comes up
That would be fantastic - probably the best way. Over time we can compile a pretty thorough FAQ, if people use it, and the easy web login makes that more likely.

tbalden
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6370

DONATE TO ME
andChat is a way to go.
htc one teaMSeven Sense/GPe Android 4.4 with Flick2Wake/Pick2Wake kernels here
Donate to me!

VirtuousROM & TeamNDVRu(cm10.2/cm10.1) & TeamDS(cm10.1) team member
htc one x cm10.2
HTC DoubleShot - mt4gs - cm10.1 | Virtuous Inquisition

my youtube/music channel: Illes Pal
Twitter @illespal http://twitter.com/illespal
gplus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/104117834086133689848/posts

Blue6IX
Old
Thanks Meter 1133

DONATE TO ME
Yaaic is another one that works

GooberdaNoober
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hboot and recovery

I had my phone rooted for months (I think I did it properly using the method from unLocker.com, although when the hboot would load it would say no image found) Then all I would do is run recovery (clockwork I believe) to flash new ROMs... but now I am trying to upgrade to pyr-o-ice 1.1.3 from 1.1.2 and everytime I try to run recovery, it just brings me back to the hBoot. I think I messed things up when I downloaded the Clockwork app from the market and let it do it's "thing". I think it changed my hboot from 1.44.00something to 1.44.1107 (that may be the problem). I have been trying for hours to re-root using the method from unlocker but it is not working. Can anyone help me get recovery working again to flash new ROMs? p.s. Sorry if a solution is already given somewhere, I have looked for a while and haven't found it.