5,604,631 Members 41,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

o*****BEST 3D IMAGE VIEWER!!!!!*****o UPDATED 2-28-12

Tip us?

petermg
Old
(Last edited by petermg; 29th February 2012 at 04:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Arrow o*****BEST 3D IMAGE VIEWER!!!!!*****o UPDATED 2-28-12

Ok, so I'm a HUGE 3D fan! HUGE!! Love it. I know that many people seem to feel indifferent to it, and that's ok. However if you are like me, then this is for you! For a while I wondered what it would be like to see the 3D photos I've taken on my EVO 3D on a big screen 3D TV so that I could see more detail in 3D (since I couldn't zoom in 3D)!!! Every time I try to zoom in to one of my 3D photos it goes into 2D mode to display it... so I was stuck.....

WAS.

Enter Tobidale3D!!!! You can ZOOM into your 3D pictures in 3D!!!!! It doesn't go 2D it stays 3D!!!!!!!! And you can even adjust the 3D amount, swap the r/l eyes, and it even links to Phereo, Flicker and another site and lets you view 3D images directly off those sites and save it to your phone in a number of formats!!! Another cool thing is that it converts the analglyph formats so that you can view them on your phone (you have to press a button to change the mode). Incredible program!!!!!!! Thought I would share. In fact, the ROM I'm using it has problems with, it crashes when trying to view the photos (it's a photo viewer also) and my wife has a different ROM on her phone and it works great. It FC's on mine but this is a big enough deal for me to switch my ROM!! This thing is BADA$$!!!

UPDATE 2-28-2012:
Ok, so now that I can ZOOM in 3D I've noticed that at some point, seems to be past 50% zoom, that the images are often misaligned. At first I thought it was possibly the viewer since I don't notice any such thing prior to zooming, however I tried the application 3DSteroid Pro, which can auto align 3D images, and I used it on some of my misaligned images and it fixed them!!! I can now zoom in fully and the images are properly aligned!!!! I'm so happy!! It's only $2.50. I would highly recommend it!!!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to petermg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HDD_x8
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Nice find. Works on the camera folder, but crashes on the 3d photo folder and another one. Report sent to author. Running stock EVO 3d gsm, so its not the rom, its the app.

HDD_x8
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Outstanding support for a free app, emailed a bug report, got an updated build the next day that fixed the crash.

Browsing Phereo 3d feels fäster than the Phereo app itself, quality seems better.

Zoom in 3D is finally here, best viewer so far.

HDD_x8
Old
Thanks Meter 37
The. updated version that fix the EVO 3D bug may be released as soon as this weekend.
A must have app for all EVO 3D.

oohaylima
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Excellent find!

jcsy
Old
Thanks Meter 916

DONATE TO ME
ncie find

works on ROMEOS 1.3.1 , GSM
Primary: HTC EVO3D GSM HBOOT 1.49.0007 S-OFF
ROM: Johnnyslt CM11 (10 March 2014)
Radio: 11.77.3504.00P

CID: HTC__044
CPU: 384-1180mhz (Interactive)
Kernel: KSM OFF, NOOP

SD Card: Sandisk 4x 32GB

Secondary: HTC HD2 HSPL 2.08
ROM: WP7.8 PDAIMATEJAM v8.9
Radio: 2.15.50

Soft Radio: 5.51
CPU: 998mhz

SD Card: Sandisk 4x 16GB

THANK POSTS ARE TEMPORARY, THANKS BUTTON IS PERMANENT

Chewy11
Old
Thanks Meter 56
WHOA!!!
Cool Thanks.

XandroidX
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Agreed, an amazing find being able to zoom and adjust the 3D effect on the fly is amazing! I can now zoom in to pictures and explore the details

The more we get apps like this the 3D becomes less of a "gimmick" Im so happy I have the Evo3D I would so miss this type of effect if i ever switched to a non 3d phone

HDD_x8
Old
Thanks Meter 37
The app was updated on Market this weekend, should work well for Evo 3D now.
Tried it on my 3DTV via hdmi out and it was most mostly black, time for another bug report...

petermg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Updated OP on how to fix alignment issues that are now evident due to being able to zoom in 3D!!!

Tags
3d gallery, 3d image viewer, jps, mpo, phereo