Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

Get Titan now or wait for Titan II?

OP ArtieQ

12th February 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 7

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201

Why are people saying the Titan 2 has weaker build quality? From the previews I've read, it seems on par if not better than the first Titan. It is also a metal unibody, but has the usual HTC rubber coating on the metal as opposed to just raw metal. The 720p video is also on a different playing field from the samples I've seen. THe photo samples also seem to have better dark shots. It does have a much bigger sensor and lens on the back after all.

Other than the camera and maybe the choice in build, and whether you want LTE or not, yeah the two Titans are like brothers.

Where did you read that ? Because the backside of Titan is mostly aluminum;whereas,Titan 2 has more plastic on the backside.(That's I think the reason Titan 1 is heavier)
Correct me if I'm wrong
12th February 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 627

1,598 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Why are people saying the Titan 2 has weaker build quality? From the previews I've read, it seems on par if not better than the first Titan. It is also a metal unibody, but has the usual HTC rubber coating on the metal as opposed to just raw metal. The 720p video is also on a different playing field from the samples I've seen. THe photo samples also seem to have better dark shots. It does have a much bigger sensor and lens on the back after all.

Other than the camera and maybe the choice in build, and whether you want LTE or not, yeah the two Titans are like brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaziarAmiri

Where did you read that ? Because the backside of Titan is mostly aluminum;whereas,Titan 2 has more plastic on the backside.(That's I think the reason Titan 1 is heavier)
Correct me if I'm wrong

You are absolutely right on Titan 1 being heavier. It's not that heavy but I would say sturdier. Titan 2 will come with a plastic backside, only to cover that chunky 16MP camera's add hardware. But then if it's LTE supported and your network provider doesn't do LTE yet, in my opinion it's worthless waiting for Titan 2. You will be getting a device that could have been sturdier, more HTC feeling than Samsung feeling and much better with battery life. However if Titan 2 comes with Tango and current fragmentation rumours are true, then Titan 2 would have issues making it to Apollo whereas Titan 1 might get Apollo faster. It's on pocketPC about Thurrott's claims indicating fragmentation is what MS will opt for. (I don't like it!)
12th February 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 145

401 posts
What in the world are you talking about? Titan 2 is going to co-exist with Titan 1 as the higher end of the two devices. HTC said it themselves when people asked why they are releasing a new Titan when the first one has barely been out for a few months. Saying it is going to get Tango and be slower updated...

And no the Titan 2 is not a plastic phone. It follows the same design pattern as all their other phones. Metal unibody. Plastic on top around camera for the camera and wifi. Plastic on bottom for cell radios. The first Titan is not 100% metal either. The phone would not work otherwise with all the signal blockage. It's almost like you've never seen an HTC phone before. Most are metal build with rubber coating.
13th February 2012, 11:44 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 7

187 posts
Quote:

What in the world are you talking about? Titan 2 is going to co-exist with Titan 1 as the higher end of the two devices. HTC said it themselves when people asked why they are releasing a new Titan when the first one has barely been out for a few months. Saying it is going to get Tango and be slower updated...

And no the Titan 2 is not a plastic phone. It follows the same design pattern as all their other phones. Metal unibody. Plastic on top around camera for the camera and wifi. Plastic on bottom for cell radios. The first Titan is not 100% metal either. The phone would not work otherwise with all the signal blockage. It's almost like you've never seen an HTC phone before. Most are metal build with rubber coating.

I never said T2 is plastic.I said most parts of it's backside is covered with plastic(unlike T1)
I guess we can judge better when the review come out
13th February 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 68

1,365 posts
More
WP7 is definitely my choice, I now know you can't "hack" it but that doesn't bother me since it looks and feels exactly as I want it. 25th of Februrary = Titan
13th February 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #16  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 13

133 posts
WP 7 Hackable ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieQ

WP7 is definitely my choice, I now know you can't "hack" it but that doesn't bother me since it looks and feels exactly as I want it. 25th of Februrary = Titan

Don't know if It's going to happen on the Titan but if you look at other WP7 phones forums it might give you some idea of what has/ is happening as far as user development goes. Although not as customiseable as the other OS out there seeing what has happened to other devices and systems in the past might give you some idea of what you might be lucky enough to get in the future

Mark
14th February 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #17  
Kashyyyk, Galactic Empire
Thanks Meter: 77

1,012 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieQ

I might as well ask here, how far does WP7 go with customizing your own stuff. I'm not sure what I'm asking.. but can you "hack" it and stuff?

Are you a student? If yes, you can unlock your phone for free and "hack it" as you wrote. If not, then you'll have to pay $99 for developper account.
Student go to Dreamspark, others go to the bank .
f.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread