Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 38,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good Car Charger?

Tip us?

kvswim
Old
Thanks Meter 528

DONATE TO ME
Charging the battery too fast is very dangerous too. I tried "supercharging" one of my batteries and it almost caught fire.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
If I helped you, don't just tell me, hit that thanks button!
All Noobs: Your all in one guide to everything, ever, on any device, can be found here!
http://bit.ly/jlS4oS

droidxrooting
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I would suggest this one http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Rapid...9181948&sr=1-2 since it is made by moto and provides 1 ampere instead of .7 or .5 others provide.

jager420
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by trparky View Post
Does anyone know of a good car charger? You know, the kind that plugs into your cigarette lighter socket.

I had one at one time but it died after only a week of usage.
This is a great charger I have been using at it charges my battery quick too.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000S5...3055371&sr=8-1

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

Son of Cicero
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jager420 View Post
This is a great charger I have been using at it charges my battery quick too.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000S5...3055371&sr=8-1
I've been using this for the past 5 months and have been very happy with the charging speed. It seems faster than my standard wall charger.

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahanlato View Post
To bad the Charge won't draw more than ~0.8A... Also, it is the charger causing the phone to go to mass storage mode, not the cable. A microUSB cable is a microUSB ee
It could be the cable, but the odds are against that. The way to tell if it was the cable would be to try it in another AC charger to see what it does.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

jampongwak
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
, I wouldn't recommend using anything that says it'll make your phone charge faster unless there was SIGNIFICANT data to support the claim as well as evidence that it doesn't harm the hardware.

lukegman
Old
Thanks Meter 93
I tried a 2.0 amp USB car charger and the factory cable.. .my battery got really hot and didn't charge at all.. .not sure why but the 1.0 amp charger seems to work the best...I have seen a 5.0amp at Walmart in the car department.. .but I don't feel like experimenting with that

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

RDI
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Samsung smartphones and Tablets charge in std mode (Charging USB) unless the two data wires are "shorted". (I have seen it done directly in a high speed charge only cable or in the Samsung chargers. Some say they use a resistor.) When the data pins are "shorted", Samsung switches to high speed charging. (Charging AC). I have been harassing a factory overseas for a dual car charger (2100mA) with one std. Port (iPad) and one Samsung port. It should be available soon.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate running ICS 4.0.4 AoCP CP v2.1 w/KG3 Modem
RDI ... Computer Hardware Distributor ... www.RDI.us

Velocifero
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindle1225 View Post
In my opinion... I have wasted alot of $ on trying to get away cheap on a car charger. By far the best one is the official verizon one. It charges to 100% from 0 in less than 2hrs and charges while I am navigating, wifi tethering and using bt at the same time. Well worth the extra cash.

Tweakstock v1.4, XDA Premium
I haven't tried another car charger personally, but can vouch for the Verizon one. Always works for me and I just leave it plugged in the lighter outlet in my center console so whenever I need it, it's easy and quick to plug in the phone. Also has the scrunchy style cord to keep things neat. But at the same time, it makes it more difficult to use the phone while it's plugged in as it keeps wanting to pull back lol