Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Good Car Charger?

OP trparky

9th February 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #11  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 528

2,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
Charging the battery too fast is very dangerous too. I tried "supercharging" one of my batteries and it almost caught fire.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
14th February 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 46

401 posts
More
I would suggest this one http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Rapid...9181948&sr=1-2 since it is made by moto and provides 1 ampere instead of .7 or .5 others provide.
23rd February 2012, 06:12 AM   |  #13  
San Fernando Valley
Thanks Meter: 56

526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trparky

Does anyone know of a good car charger? You know, the kind that plugs into your cigarette lighter socket.

I had one at one time but it died after only a week of usage.

This is a great charger I have been using at it charges my battery quick too.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000S5...3055371&sr=8-1

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
15th April 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jager420

This is a great charger I have been using at it charges my battery quick too.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000S5...3055371&sr=8-1

I've been using this for the past 5 months and have been very happy with the charging speed. It seems faster than my standard wall charger.
7th June 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,006

3,455 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahanlato

To bad the Charge won't draw more than ~0.8A... Also, it is the charger causing the phone to go to mass storage mode, not the cable. A microUSB cable is a microUSB ee

It could be the cable, but the odds are against that. The way to tell if it was the cable would be to try it in another AC charger to see what it does.
8th June 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #16  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
, I wouldn't recommend using anything that says it'll make your phone charge faster unless there was SIGNIFICANT data to support the claim as well as evidence that it doesn't harm the hardware.
28th June 2012, 11:25 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 93

330 posts
I tried a 2.0 amp USB car charger and the factory cable.. .my battery got really hot and didn't charge at all.. .not sure why but the 1.0 amp charger seems to work the best...I have seen a 5.0amp at Walmart in the car department.. .but I don't feel like experimenting with that

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
19th August 2012, 12:16 PM   |  #18  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 46

450 posts
Donate to Me
More
Samsung smartphones and Tablets charge in std mode (Charging USB) unless the two data wires are "shorted". (I have seen it done directly in a high speed charge only cable or in the Samsung chargers. Some say they use a resistor.) When the data pins are "shorted", Samsung switches to high speed charging. (Charging AC). I have been harassing a factory overseas for a dual car charger (2100mA) with one std. Port (iPad) and one Samsung port. It should be available soon.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate running ICS 4.0.4 AoCP CP v2.1 w/KG3 Modem
19th October 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #19  
Flag DC area
Thanks Meter: 87

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindle1225

In my opinion... I have wasted alot of $ on trying to get away cheap on a car charger. By far the best one is the official verizon one. It charges to 100% from 0 in less than 2hrs and charges while I am navigating, wifi tethering and using bt at the same time. Well worth the extra cash.

Tweakstock v1.4, XDA Premium

I haven't tried another car charger personally, but can vouch for the Verizon one. Always works for me and I just leave it plugged in the lighter outlet in my center console so whenever I need it, it's easy and quick to plug in the phone. Also has the scrunchy style cord to keep things neat. But at the same time, it makes it more difficult to use the phone while it's plugged in as it keeps wanting to pull back lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread